Chaparral

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Chaparral

Post by TomAiello »

When I was opening christmas presents with my Delica, I decided I needed to try out some thinner blade Spydies.

I ordered myself a Chaparral (the CF one).

I have to say I'm extremely impressed with this little knife. How did I miss out on this one for so long? It's just big enough to be an "only" knife in my pocket, but still has the tiny precise control that I love in my Dragonfly.

Definitely a winner!

Now I just need to decide if I have to get the Ti handle version...
cckw

Re: Chaparral

Post by cckw »

Chaparral is one that I carry a lot. I hated it at first because I was expecting a larger knife, but once I got my mind around it, it became a favorite to carry. I can pull it out an use it in places that might be frowned upon if it were a para or etc.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I lucked out on the Chap because I fell in love with the "stealth" handle design, otherwise I too would have overlooked it. That was really the only reason I bought it, and I was a bit surprised how small it was also (the box was smaller than all my other spydies, even). The scales were just as impressive in person, and I quickly warmed up to the thin blade, locked-in ergos, and smoothness.

It's less of an EDC for me, and more of a dress/special occasion knife. Like going over to the in-laws for a holiday meal or something. It's smallish size and interesting handle scales (and to be honest, probably it's shininess) make it more of a conversation piece than a scary weapon. However there's someone on here that's posted pictures of their scratched up and dirty Stealth, and I think it's cool that this design can be a worker for some and a dress knife for others. I know some here think that spyderco lacks a true gents folder, and that may be true, but I never get so dressed up that the Stealth feels "un-gentlemanly," but that's just my opinion.

If a brass version comes out it will be hard to resist.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Welcome to the club, Tom :) My CF/S30V Chaparral will be four years old next month, and I've loved it since the day I received it. I have the two titanium ones as well. They are just as well made as the CF, and are visually interesting in a way most all metal knives are not, but I still like the CF version best of all.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!