Spyderco Persian 2 cutting and initial impressions.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KevinOubre

Spyderco Persian 2 cutting and initial impressions.

Post by KevinOubre »

timlara

Re: Spyderco Persian 2 cutting and initial impressions.

Post by timlara »

Nice writeup and congrats on the new Persian! I have the small version of this knife and love it. The Persian is my favorite Schempp design as it strikes a really good balance of being unique & cool looking yet very functional at the same time.
NeverEnough

Post by NeverEnough »

...very nice...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Excellent review! You should do more of them. Thanx again.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Great write up, just might have to look into picking one of these up, thank you.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

How do you feel about that blade shape in general?
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Fantastic review. I have thought about one of these but never done anything about it. The write up helps, although I would still love to see one in person.
KevinOubre

Post by KevinOubre »

Cliff Stamp wrote:How do you feel about that blade shape in general?
I quite like this blade shape for my use. I don't due a great deal of intensive work with the tip of the knife but I do a lot of slicing and push cutting and I find that this blade works really well for those things. I do agree though with the assertion you made about the tip in your video about the first version. I can be a bit awkward to use, especially compared to something like a manix or para2. The two photos below are how I utilize the tips when the occasion pops up that I have to use them:

I would add though that due to the way the blade is dropped on the persian, I find it easier to use than the K2 with regards to the tip. I also think the blade on my Bedlam is designed well and have never had issues with using its tip either. I also learned to use the grip in the second picture almost like a chisel by pushing straight down. It works pretty well for some woodworking stuff like very, very fine curls.Lastly I just enjoy the aesthetics of the blade. I get a lot of enjoyment from the shape for some reason. I have always enjoyed scimitars, khanjars, khirpans, tlawars, etc.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Nice review, thanks!