Warranty Information!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheTKJProject

Warranty Information!

Post by TheTKJProject »

I modded a Paramilitary 2's scales , Will this void the warranty? The blade has not been modded!
rycen

Re: Warranty Information!

Post by rycen »

Only Spyderco W&R can answer that for sure. Best to call or email.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Agreed, only Spyderco can answer that. However, if your mod cannot possibly alter the function that is a warrantable part I would think they would cover the fix.

In the car world if you turbocharged your car and the power windows stopped working they should fix the problem. If you have compression problems they have legal ability to walk away. Similar a sanded liner or clip shouldn't be grounds for dismissing a lock-up problem. Now, if you took the knife apart for the mod it's rational to argue that the knife was put together by someone who isn't a factory trained w-2 employee of Spyderco.

They still may take care of an unwarrantable problem. It's just their own insurance depending how mucked-up to decline the repair.

Again, only W&R can decide this. I'm just a fellow customer :).
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi TKJ,
Welcome to the Spyderco Forum. You would need to provide a lot more details for us to be able to answer that question, but it's best if you contact our W&R department. You can e-mail them at customerservice@spyderco.com" target="_blank.

Please note, I'm moving this thread to General Discussion where it's more appropriate. The Tech Support area is for tech support pertaining to the forum itself, not our products.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.