What knife or knives did you give or receive this Christmas?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OBJ Viking

What knife or knives did you give or receive this Christmas?

Post by OBJ Viking »

I am more about giving vs receiving, so ref knives this year - I gave my 20 year old nephew a Cold Steel Voyager XL, my last NIB PE Benchmade PIKA to my 28 year old niece, a NIB fully serrated Spyderco Endura to my oldest son's 15 year old girlfriend, and a LNIB Spyderco Military with a combo blade to my 13 year old son. All in all, it will be a very "sharp" Christmas morning with Spyderco owning 50% of the joy giving blades. :)
Bill1170

Re: What knife or knives did you give or receive this Christ

Post by Bill1170 »

I gave the gift of sharpness to an older single woman friend. Dropped by with some chocolates and my Sharpmaker. We sat at her kitchen table and visited while I restored her three kitchen knives to cut really well. It made both of our days.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Tonight I gave my father-in-law a custom made fixed blade I made a few years ago. It is a full tang, full-flat ground, and is made from ATS-34 stainless steel (Rc hardness at 59-60 approx.). The handle is comprised of American walnut and African Zebrawood. The walnut I used on this knife was actually from my father-in-law, which makes it pretty special. Blade length is approximately 2 3/4" and overall is about 7 1/2". I had a custom walnut box made for it, which made it a bit more presentable. I wanted him to have this knife because he has basically been like a father to me since my dad passed away in '01. Good times. :) I think he really likes it.
acer

Post by acer »

Gave myself a Southard in brown this Christmas,I know my girlfriend is going to appreciate the continious , never ending flicking noises throughout, the festive holidays , it has a slightly different audio sounding to my para 2 ,I said I would give her a break, variety The spice of life , great knives,happy Christmas , now where the booze. Having fun . Acer. :D
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

I gave my dad a caly 3.5 g10 and a benchmade 940-1 for Christmas and I got myself a salt 1 se
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

SAKs.

The 111mm serrated bread knife/cheese knife to my mrs for picnics, and a blue alox Classic to my daughter. Both were delighted!

My hints for a Spyderco PITS folder fell on deaf ears, but one always needs socks....
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

I gave my girlfriend's son a Blackwash Cryo, he's new to knives, figured I'd see how he does.
My 21 and 14 year old boys (men?) each got a Persistence from Santa. First Spydie for them, they were stoked!
I bought myself a pair of Spyderco 4" paring knives (one SE, one plain), and used them to prep some of the Christmas Eve goodies - what a pleasure! Man I love a sharp knife.
And I also ordered a sprint G-10 Worker for myself … never handled one, think I might like it.
All in all it's been a pretty edgy Holiday!

Merry Christmas to all!

~ edge
Trout Hound

Post by Trout Hound »

Wife opened her pink Squeak this morning and loves it.
A sharp knife is a pleasure to carry. Five or six sharp knives are an even greater pleasure.

Trout Hound
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

HO HO HO, still waiting for everyone to get up, giving a Chokwe to my 14 yr old, a dogtag to my 18 yr old and both are getting a SE lil matriarch. The wife is getting the 8" chefs knife.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MattЯ

Post by MattЯ »

I received this Delica from my wife this morning. As if I needed reminding.

Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

I find myself giving Spyderco's a lot these days. Usually with a quick talk about quality, the company stance on customer service and shiny footprints, and Colorado made. Natives are my usual choice since blade length and design are a nice compromise and all say the Golden USA Earth. I've given a Moonglow Native, 2 brown Knife Center Natives, a black blade SE Native, oh and a Mouse to my wife that wanted a small carry.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

MattЯ wrote:I received this Delica from my wife this morning. As if I needed reminding.

..and dont you forget it!!! :D Nice!! Welcome!! John :)
Last edited by jmh58 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

MattЯ wrote:I received this Delica from my wife this morning. As if I needed reminding.

The Delica tells the truth!
Great gift idea :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Holland

Post by Holland »

That's hilarious! Welcome to the forums :D

I got my girlfriend a Pink Squeak and she was pretty happy with it!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
paladin

Post by paladin »

Hey, she forgot all the EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

Thanks for sharing and making everyone smile... :)
MattЯ

Post by MattЯ »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been following the forum for a while but decided this was too good not to join and post.

I guess she will just have to buy me another Spyderco to get all those exclamation points in.

Will make a great addition to my Manix collection.

By the way... I love this nice!
paladin

Post by paladin »

I got a Worker Sprint in the mail yesterday...Merry Christmas to me ( thank you very much ) :p ...

Got my wife a neat little stainless Balance off an exchange from a very nice seller that arrived last minute...Gotta make a lanyard with a nice stop knot for her this morning...

I always was impressed with Mr. Schempp's backstory about the development of the Balance and how he was mindful of making something most ladies would like to use / deploy...BTW, have you noticed those little guys are getting hard to find, in stainless & especially CF! :eek:

Brothers, have a great Christmas and a great New Year to look forward to!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Gave my dad a HG 154CM Manix 2...his first Spyderco.

Received 3 Spyderpacs (2 large and 1 small). This gives me a capacity of 96 in Spyderpacs (including the one I already had), so they won't all be in a pile on the floor anymore. ;)

Christmas present to myself was the Lil' Lionspy, and I will probably get one or two new Spydies with Christmas money from friends/family.
Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Speechless...awesome
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

My old man is contemplating retirement after over 44 years of owning his own medical practice. He is going on a walkabout when that time comes and wanted my help on a side arm. While we were picking up his Glock 42 and waiting on the paper work I showed him a Tuff only to make the "folding fixed blade" explanation. He thought it was cool but between having my twin 6 year old boys in a crowded gun store and doing the paper work for his new gun, we just forgot about it. He had a Spyderco Tuff under my tree for me the next day.

One of my dad's hunting club friends pulled me aside many years ago when I was coming of age and said "boy, when God was handing out Daddys, somebody must have jumped your dumb a$$ to the front of the line". I see that now more than ever as he moves past 70 and I past 40