Spyderco Pacific Salt helps christen my new boat

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Re: Spyderco Pacific Salt helps christen my new boat

Post by Surfingringo »

Wanimator wrote:As always, your posts are such a pleasure, why do you choose a SE over a PE?
hunterseeker5 wrote:No comment on the boat, but the fish looks outstanding. :) Are serrations your first choice though for dressing a fish? I personally would struggle, preferring a PE blade with a bit more sweep to it. (such as the *gasp* catcherman or south fork)
The main reason I started using serrated blades while fishing is that h1 just performs better in that configuration. (Talking about edge retention). Once I started using them though I came to enjoy them immensely. The serrations are really not a detriment to any fish cutting tasks as long as you keep them razor sharp. I can push cut fillets off of a small mackerel with the pacific salt and get it almost as clean as I could with a fillet knife. On top of that the serrations come in handy when sawing through tough skin and scales and even soft bone. I always like to have at least one serrated edge at the cleaning table for certain tasks.
hunterseeker5

Re: Spyderco Pacific Salt helps christen my new boat

Post by hunterseeker5 »

Huh. I would not have guessed that. Need to try it. Thanks for the reply. :D