2015 Catalog Released!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Peter1960

Re: 2015 Catalog Released!

Post by Peter1960 »

Kristi, Thank you very much for your service!
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
timlara

Post by timlara »

Thanks, Kristi! Nice work by whoever the layout designer(s) are! Can't wait to pick up my hardcopy.

I was sad to not see the Lil' Temp 2, but plenty of good stuff in there as usual. Wishlist for me would be:

Roadie (have to see the colors in person before I can choose)
PITS
Stretch 2
Schempp Bowie
Urban
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Downloading as I type. Gotta say WHAT A COVER!!! Great picture. Can't wait to browse. :)
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

I'm loving the new brown stretch, Aqua salt and the foundry

The purple dragon fly might find its way into my groomsman gifts
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Glorious. Simply glorious! Beautiful job, Spyderco Crew! Thanks Kristi.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The TiCN coating must be popular, as it seems that a lot of the new releases of previously existing knives are TiCN versions. I'm on the fence with the all black trend, as I don't love it but don't hate it either. On some knives I think the all black look is nice, but on others not so much.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

This would make a fine poster!

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
essorde

Post by essorde »

I remember discussion of a blue jester. Does the fact that its not in here mean it will not be made? Or does that sort of exclusive just get confirmed/announced/released whenever the time is right?

Nice catalog folks!!!! Just spectacular...lots of black blade mods. Looks like the PPT is getting everyone all hopped up here! Better get in line early for that one lol. Would have enjoyed seeing a black bladed ladybug too but I can wait 'til I get someone convinced we (ok I...) want one.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

essorde wrote:I remember discussion of a blue jester. Does the fact that its not in here mean it will not be made? Or does that sort of exclusive just get confirmed/announced/released whenever the time is right?

Nice catalog folks!!!! Just spectacular...lots of black blade mods. Looks like the PPT is getting everyone all hopped up here! Better get in line early for that one lol. Would have enjoyed seeing a black bladed ladybug too but I can wait 'til I get someone convinced we (ok I...) want one.
The blue Jester is a pretty recent development, so it probably hasn't been scheduled out yet. There's always the chance it'll show up in the mid-year supplement. On the flip side, there are plenty of sprint runs that never make it into the catalog and just get released. Either way, I'd be very surprised if it makes it into the production schedule for the first half of the year (due to the aforementioned "recent development" thing). This should be a good year for very small knives, as we should have the blue Jester, USN ladybugs, and another color of Manbug (I think it was leaning towards orange IIRC).
-Kyle

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

RamZar wrote:This would make a fine poster!

Awesome poster! Would indeed make a nice addition to the catalog!
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

No apparel ??? .... :(

I know that is not what Spyderco is business to make, but I think there is enough people out there to make worth some time to put a few items out.

How about a forum Shirt !!! Updated of All of God's Creatures have knifes, as a forum shirt. :spyder:
essorde

Post by essorde »

USN Ladybugs you say Jabba? I had no idea. My interest is peaked and wallet open.
And thanks for the info....I'm new to collecting Spyderco (not new to the product, I've had them from time to time just didn't know how to appreciate them properly) so your information is invaluable to me. Thanks again for taking the time to explain it!!
Knutty

Post by Knutty »

The Deacon wrote:Thanks Kristi!
Knutty wrote:Wow--could the specs be any smaller? I have the zoom at 200% and I can still barely read it.
Tablet or smartphone? I ask because my eyes have seen better days and I can read them at 81% on my monitor (25" @ 1920 X 1200).
34" computer monitor at 3440 x 1440. I know that's big/high but by now I'm used to it and know how things should look. I've also viewed the 2014 catalog with this setup, and it was fine.
"We have more metal parts fail than plastic parts. Modern plastics are tough. 'Feeling cheap' may be a false perception and one might need more education. We rarely get a FRN knife back with handle problems and we have millions of them out in daily use. " --Sal Glesser
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Knutty wrote:
The Deacon wrote:Thanks Kristi!
Knutty wrote:Wow--could the specs be any smaller? I have the zoom at 200% and I can still barely read it.
Tablet or smartphone? I ask because my eyes have seen better days and I can read them at 81% on my monitor (25" @ 1920 X 1200).
34" computer monitor at 3440 x 1440. I know that's big/high but by now I'm used to it and know how things should look. I've also viewed the 2014 catalog with this setup, and it was fine.
I gotta agree that it seems small. 200% works good for me, but I have to lean in closer to read the specs comfortably if I'm zoomed in any less than that.

27" 2560x1440 monitor

If I drag it over to monitor #2, 150% works fine

23" 1600x900 monitor

I think this is because they cram two print pages onto each PDF page, so a bigger zoom is required to display a single print page, whereas the 2014 catalog was already broken down into a single print page, so no zooming was required to get you to the same point, if that makes sense. When I compared a single page of the 2015 PDF catalog on my iPad to the 2014 print version (which is virtually the same size as the iPad screen), it seems that the text is the same size as last year, so legibility shouldn't be an issue once the printed copies ship.
-Kyle

JLS

Post by JLS »

The Reverse looks great for an EDC blade. I haven't done much with my P'Kal, but this makes it an easy option when I want to explore that with a fixed blade.

I'm glad to see the Urban return as well, even if it is in lightweight form. Perhaps we'll even see a Wharncliffe version sometime.

Also glad to see the Aqua Salt return. I have the ones I need (for now), but I'm glad I can tell people they're available when they ask where to get one.

Thanks to the whole Spyderco team who make the catalog and the knives.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Looks like another great year.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Kristi are we looking at a similar release date this year?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The 2015 Catalog was released on December 12, 2014 and the 2014 Catalog was released on November 20, 2013. By that estimation, it could be another 1-4 weeks from now.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I can hardly wait! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

swigert wrote:Kristi are we looking at a similar release date this year?
We're working to get it to you within the next few weeks. It'll fly by. ;)
There is nothing more important than this one day.