Just got my Manix 2 XL in today.....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
colu41

Re: Just got my Manix 2 XL in today.....

Post by colu41 »

Thanks for the size comparison pics. That delica one really helped me out since I'm staring at my Delica now... I think it would be a manageable EDC but, i'll look into the Native 5.

Edit: Just looked up the Native 5. Super great looking knife, but it's a backlock. After my Delica I don't think Im going to purchase anymore backlock knives unless its on super blowout clearance. lol....
colu41

Post by colu41 »

Johnny thanks for the info on the Manix Blue. I found it on knifecenter also for $109.95 with free shipping but, its for preorder only. And cutlershoppe is back ordered with no ETA..... why are these things so addicting and frustrating sometimes!? lol
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

colu41 wrote:Johnny thanks for the info on the Manix Blue. I found it on knifecenter also for $109.95 with free shipping but, its for preorder only. And cutlershoppe is back ordered with no ETA..... why are these things so addicting and frustrating sometimes!? lol
Try National Knives
colu41

Post by colu41 »

MacLaren wrote:
colu41 wrote:Johnny thanks for the info on the Manix Blue. I found it on knifecenter also for $109.95 with free shipping but, its for preorder only. And cutlershoppe is back ordered with no ETA..... why are these things so addicting and frustrating sometimes!? lol
Try National Knives
Never heard of them til now. Located where I live in the UP of Michigan!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Keep it and buy a Manix 2 dark blue s110v lightweight :D
Yes! Do this :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

colu41 wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Try National Knives
Fantastic. Dave is GTG.
colu41

Post by colu41 »

MacLaren wrote:
colu41 wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Try National Knives
Fantastic. Dave is GTG.
Holland wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:Keep it and buy a Manix 2 dark blue s110v lightweight :D
Yes! Do this :D
May order this tonight..... although I figured if I were buying yet another knife, I wanted something different like the all black Manix 2 but. I dont know if its worth the extra money just to get a black blade. Not a fan of FRN neither but, it looks like a nice knife. And I really want to try out that 110V..........
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

The all black Manix is no slouch either, s30v is a great steel. It's a noticeably heavier knife than the s110v lightweight although both knives have the same dimensions. I don't have the black dlc model but I have heard that the coating creates a bit of extra resistance when cutting compared to a satin blade. The s30v version comes with an hourglass clip whilst the s110v lw has a wireclip. The s110v version is pinned construction rather than the screwed on the s30v, this means that you can't take the s110v knife apart however it's a very simple knife to clean so you should never need to.

Now I don't want to stir the pot any more but have you looked at the Paramilitary 2? :p
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
colu41

Post by colu41 »

Johnnie1801 wrote:The all black Manix is no slouch either, s30v is a great steel. It's a noticeably heavier knife than the s110v lightweight although both knives have the same dimensions. I don't have the black dlc model but I have heard that the coating creates a bit of extra resistance when cutting compared to a satin blade. The s30v version comes with an hourglass clip whilst the s110v lw has a wireclip. The s110v version is pinned construction rather than the screwed on the s30v, this means that you can't take the s110v knife apart however it's a very simple knife to clean so you should never need to.

Now I don't want to stir the pot any more but have you looked at the Paramilitary 2? :p
I plan on buying a Para2 eventually but, isn't that nearly the same length as the XL just a bit thinner in width?

Also, do they make a G10 Manix 2 with 110V yet? I also don't like that I can't take it apart. Not a huge deal. But I like knowing I can, and also having the ability to change out scales if need be... That might be a game changer right there, :(
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Here's a comparison shot of a few models you're considering. Not the best pictures but they'll give you an idea.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
colu41

Post by colu41 »

Love the scales on the first 2. Thanks for the pic.