Who owns a Enuff?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
.357 mag

Who owns a Enuff?

Post by .357 mag »

And uses it? It's been on my list and may happen this year. Anyone have a in hand picture and maybe a side by side to a delica/endura?

Thanks!
.357 mag

Re: Who owns a Enuff?

Post by .357 mag »

No one has one? Crazy.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I do, but I don't like the sheath and haven't gotten around to getting the new one. I don't use fixed blades, so don't know why I bought it. That said, it really is a solid and nice knife. Cuts great and feels great in the hand.
- best wishes, Jazz.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I don't own enough. :rolleyes:
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I don't have one either, but I'm interested in the H1 version. Just don't have a real need for a FB at this time unfortunately.
NotWellKnown

Post by NotWellKnown »

I own the serrated H1 Enuff. I imagine it would be great for boating or general rope cutting. I personally use it to decent effect cutting cardboard. The sheath is comfortable and rides high on my belt, which makes it extremely concealable under my shirt. I wear it almost every day.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums NotWellKnown!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

I have a leaf Enuff and like a lot. Except for fondling I have only really used it on one camping trip. It made me smile, enuff said. I did exchange the sheath for the second generation version. It is much improved with greater retention. Bottom line, I like it (would like yellow scales however).
Mike
sal

Post by sal »

Hi NotWellKnown,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Pyrite

Post by Pyrite »

mikeh99 wrote:I have a leaf Enuff and like a lot. Except for fondling I have only really used it on one camping trip. It made me smile, enuff said. I did exchange the sheath for the second generation version. It is much improved with greater retention. Bottom line, I like it (would like yellow scales however).
Do you have other knives or just a leaf Enuff alone?

oh, I kill myself sometimes. :D
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

bada boom
Mike
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I have a couple of them, one serrated in H1 and one leaf blade. I really like that size knife for whittling/fire prep. The FRN handle works well for me. Now, I do have and use a *lot* of other fixed blades as well - I sometimes sit making as thin of shavings as possible and swapping out the different knives comparing them, everything from Enuff, Puukko's, up to ESEE Junglas and machetes :). The Enuff is small enough for me to have good control whittling, not too small of a handle for my hands. I don't know if I have any pics of it with a Delica, I'll see if I can find some time to take some.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Pyrite, that was excellently played. :D
- best wishes, Jazz.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I own the H1 version. I haven't used it much, but I bought for a specific purpose, it rides on my kayak lifevest. I have cut some wet line to show some folks the what a good serrated knife can do but it's more of a "hope I don't need to use it" knife.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

I am not a big user of fixed blades but I have an H1 Enuff on my diving harness. The beauty of this knife, the build quality and the H1 steel is that even though this knife will very seldom ever come out of it's sheath other than rinsing after a dive (habit, not really necessity with H1) is that I have no doubt that it is going to cut what it needs to cut first time, unlike most branded dive knives I have had (in 25 years of diving I've had a few dive knives).

I really like the palm swells on the handle and would like to see this more in the FRN folding models.

A photo from my bucket will need to suffice, cos this thread needs a pic.

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OldSarSwmr wrote:I own the H1 version. I haven't used it much, but I bought for a specific purpose, it rides on my kayak lifevest. I have cut some wet line to show some folks the what a good serrated knife can do but it's more of a "hope I don't need to use it" knife.
When I do get me a couple of that model I'm going to get both in H-1>> I want the Sheepsfoot SE and the trailing point in SE or PE. Don't really have a pending use for them yet but they do look extremely interesting>> it's like they are fixed blade versions of the old Lil Temperance that I miss so much.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I held one, but I really wanted the sheepsfoot SE model, and my local dealer didn't have have that one. The handle felt great though, and it was a little smaller than I was expecting. I was looking for a fixed blade and ended up leaving with a Seratta (Not one iota of buyers remorse...AWESOME knife), but I do still want a SE H1 Enuff...just haven't seen one yet.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

mikeh99 wrote:I have a leaf Enuff and like a lot. Except for fondling I have only really used it on one camping trip. It made me smile, enuff said. I did exchange the sheath for the second generation version. It is much improved with greater retention. Bottom line, I like it (would like yellow scales however).
I wondered how well the new sheath would retain the knife. The old one rattles and is not secure.

As for handle colors, I would like orange or venom/dayglow green (or blue, red, yellow, purple...). Perhaps Spyderco could market the knife in those colors, or simply sell the scales separately. Each year they could come out with a new color scale for us to spend our dwindling monetary supply on.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

I've been seriously thinking about getting the H-1 Sheepsfoot SE. The only negative I've read about it has to do with the sheath. But in one of the posts above a modified sheath was mentioned. How do you know you're getting a second generation sheath? Is there any way to tell from, say, a photo?
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

.357 mag wrote: Anyone have a in hand picture and maybe a side by side to a delica/endura?
Here you go:

As you can see it's almost exactly the same size as the open Delica but at 3.8oz it's over an ounce heavier. What really impresses me about the Enuff is the quality of the grind - the full flat grind is perfectly symmetrical, with perfect distal taper. Many production knives have issues right at the point where the secondary bevel becomes untidy or the grind lines get wavy but there is nothing like that here.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Enuff *is* the fixed blade Delica - it is an absolutely no-nonsense, wonderfully light and functional do-everything, go anywhere knife. With its 4mm thick stock and full tang construction I'm sure it is also monstrously strong and capable of just about any task you'd expect a knife of this size to accomplish.

Bruno