New Gayle Bradley

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

New Gayle Bradley

Post by MacLaren »

She was waiting for me in the mailbox when we returned home from our little Thanksgiving getaway to my dads this weekend. I didn't really know how much I would like the Bradley. I know I wanted to try CPM-M4 and that the Bradley had it. Ive heard a lot of good things about the Bradley though. Well, I couldn't believe it when I opened the box......its prolly the most beautiful well built Spydie Ive ever owned. Its just an amazing knife. Built like a tank and yet very exquisite? The Bradley was instantly one of my favorites. She sort of reminds me of the Vallotton in that she's very well built beautiful folder. She has a fantastic action, although unlocking her can be a chore. I hope that breaks in nicely. I just love the weight and balance of her. She weighs 5.50 ounces, the Vallotton 6.20 ounces-for comparison. I must say, I feel so very fortunate here as of late. I mean, I have ran into some highly- highly refined Spydies......The Southard,Nilakka,Domino,Temperace2,K2, and now the Bradley. Quality,fit and finish are just thru the roof. Its just amazing to see the Bradley listed for low as $127. Imo, we are truly living in a Golden Age for knives gentlemen. Well, time is of the essence and I must be moving on, so on to the pics. Hope y'all enjoy!
MacLaren

Re: New Gayle Bradley

Post by MacLaren »

Gayle Bradley CPM-M4
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

That is a beautiful, well-designed, well-made knife!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A few more....
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice SCORE!!!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thanx guys :)
These pics do not do it justice though. They really don't. This is a beautiful folder....
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Another nice set of pics Mac! (I'm starting to sound like a broken record here... ;) ). The GB is truly a fantastic knife, and I'm very excited to see what the GB2 is all about. How can he improve such a great model?!? Now you need its little brother, the Air. You will like that one almost as much as the GB, even though it costs nearly the same. Cheers, Radioactive :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thanx RS! Man, I didn't know about the GB2…..really wish we could get the straight dope on it :)
I'm sure it will mighty nice though
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Congrats on your purchase! It's always nice to come home to something as cool as that waiting for you in the mail. Your photos make me wish I never forced a patina on mine.

I'm very curious to see what the future holds for the GB2. I heard it is a little smaller than the current model. Not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully we get a peak at the amsterdam meet, or possibly the 2015 catalog.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thanx LC :)

She came sharp out of the box no doubt.
Lol, but after a few minutes with the Sharpmaker, I can see what all the fuss about M4 is all about :)
Razor sharp in no time. This is awesome....
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I handled a prototype of the GB2 at the Blade Show this year. We've chatted about it before on the Blade Show thread.

I was completely blown away and will be first in line to get one (or two) of the new models whenever they hit the street. Yes, it was overall a bit smaller than the current GB model - a little more svelt, a little more rounded in all the right places. The ergonomics were absolutely spot-on, and the knife felt fantastic in-hand. If you like the current model, I think you'll love the new model (assuming the production model ends up similar to the prototype).

TedP
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

phillipsted wrote:I handled a prototype of the GB2 at the Blade Show this year. We've chatted about it before on the Blade Show thread.

I was completely blown away and will be first in line to get one (or two) of the new models whenever they hit the street. Yes, it was overall a bit smaller than the current GB model - a little more svelt, a little more rounded in all the right places. The ergonomics were absolutely spot-on, and the knife felt fantastic in-hand. If you like the current model, I think you'll love the new model (assuming the production model ends up similar to the prototype).

TedP
Fantastic. That's something to really look forward to.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

That's good to hear Ted, I remember your description from that thread you mentioned. Two questions for you.

1. is the blade shorter than the current model, or did they simply reduce the handle?
2. Is there a cutout for the lock?

Thanks.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Guys, this has to be the best value I've ever gotten in a Spydie- any knife for the matter. And that's saying something considering Spyderco! Its just absolutely gorgeous, with a hunk of M4 and beautiful Carbon Fiber Scales, I could see this knife going for $250 no sweat.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I really wish the index choil area was more pronounced and/or had a little more lip behind the edge. Otherwise it's a great knife, not sure why I've never bought one. I'd be happier with a little lower point but otherwise I love that blade.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:I really wish the index choil area was more pronounced and/or had a little more lip behind the edge. Otherwise it's a great knife, not sure why I've never bought one. I'd be happier with a little lower point but otherwise I love that blade.
Thanx David. I really wish I had gotten one sooner. I think you would really like it once in hand. Especially for the money. Its a lot of premium Spyderco :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Oh I've spent a lot of time with one in hand, my local shop almost always has one. Honestly I think weight is the biggest deterrent at this point. My Manix 2 lightweight really has me spoiled on weight. I've had good experience with M4 so I know I'd like the steel. The ergos are great, I dunno just something missing that hasn't pushed me over that edge yet. I'm sure I'll own one before they get discontinued.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:Oh I've spent a lot of time with one in hand, my local shop almost always has one. Honestly I think weight is the biggest deterrent at this point. My Manix 2 lightweight really has me spoiled on weight. I've had good experience with M4 so I know I'd like the steel. The ergos are great, I dunno just something missing that hasn't pushed me over that edge yet. I'm sure I'll own one before they get discontinued.
Dude, I keep forgetting you have a really nice shop that carries the goods. I really wish there was a place in Asheville that carried as many as your store does. And anyways, you've been doing this a lot longer than I :)
Its just hard not to suggest one, they're so nice.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MacLaren wrote:
Evil D wrote:Oh I've spent a lot of time with one in hand, my local shop almost always has one. Honestly I think weight is the biggest deterrent at this point. My Manix 2 lightweight really has me spoiled on weight. I've had good experience with M4 so I know I'd like the steel. The ergos are great, I dunno just something missing that hasn't pushed me over that edge yet. I'm sure I'll own one before they get discontinued.
Dude, I keep forgetting you have a really nice shop that carries the goods. I really wish there was a place in Asheville that carried as many as your store does. And anyways, you've been doing this a lot longer than I :)
Its just hard not to suggest one, they're so nice.
The local shop typically has probably 30 or so models on hand at any one time. He rotates his inventory depending on what sells. He almost always has the essentials like Delicas and Enduras and a few Salts but I check back there pretty routinely to see what random stuff he orders in. I do try to buy as much from his as possible...gotta support your local businesses if you enjoy being able to handle things in person.
ForrestChump

Post by ForrestChump »

SCORE!!!!

Nicely done sir, now show us some love:

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =6&t=65859" target="_blank
The Official, Unofficial Gayle Bradley Picture Thread!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65859" target="_blank