Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 1588
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Woodpuppy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Cambertree wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:36 pm
Image
As much as I’m enjoying my Urban, that UKPK is looking better and better!
:spyder: Current favs: M4 & CRUWEAR :spyder:

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby JonLeBlanc » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Cambertree wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:36 pm
Image
You always got nice bevels man (I mean you're not the only one but whatever...lol)
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

User avatar
gundamaniac
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:15 pm
Location: California Bay Area

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby gundamaniac » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Image

User avatar
Cambertree
Member
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Cambertree » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:18 pm

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:13 pm
As much as I’m enjoying my Urban, that UKPK is looking better and better!
Yeah, the Urban’s a great little knife, but the thinner blade stock of the UKPK is also very appealing. It’s like a stripped down, minimalist Caly. And being made in Golden, it presents a whole bunch of different steels we can bug Sal to produce it in. ;) :D
JonLeBlanc wrote: You always got nice bevels man (I mean you're not the only one but whatever...lol)
Thanks man, I appreciate it! I was unsure how S110V would hold up with that acute 10dps bevel, and then putting a tiny apex bevel on with the brown SM rods at 20dps, but it performs really well! And it’s a breeze now to resharpen with the SM, and light stropping. :)

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby JonLeBlanc » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:30 am

Cambertree wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I was unsure how S110V would hold up with that acute 10dps bevel, and then putting a tiny apex bevel on with the brown SM rods at 20dps, but it performs really well! And it’s a breeze now to resharpen with the SM, and light stropping. :)
Haha sweet, so u find that the smaller angle makes the S110V easier to deal with? Not that it's like *impossible* to sharpen anyway, but u know what I mean lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

User avatar
Cambertree
Member
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Cambertree » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 am

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:30 am
Haha sweet, so u find that the smaller angle makes the S110V easier to deal with? Not that it's like *impossible* to sharpen anyway, but u know what I mean lol
Yeah, definitely. You can still feel that the steel is quite stubborn to being abraded with the brown rods, but with the contact area being so small, it's still very quick to restore a sticky sharp edge. It always feels a little bit 'toothy' though.

I was concerned about chippiness, but it's been fine so far. Of course I'm not using it as roughly as some people might be using their S110V PM2s, Manixes or Millies.

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby JonLeBlanc » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 am

Cambertree wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 am
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:30 am
Haha sweet, so u find that the smaller angle makes the S110V easier to deal with? Not that it's like *impossible* to sharpen anyway, but u know what I mean lol
Yeah, definitely. You can still feel that the steel is quite stubborn to being abraded with the brown rods, but with the contact area being so small, it's still very quick to restore a sticky sharp edge. It always feels a little bit 'toothy' though.

I was concerned about chippiness, but it's been fine so far. Of course I'm not using it as roughly as some people might be using their S110V PM2s, Manixes or Millies.
Yeah I would've been worried about chipping too, especially with S110V at a low angle, but that's good to hear. I've had slight chipping issues in the past with that steel that I haven't had with really any others, but it wasn't major so...
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Larry_Mott » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:18 pm

An impulse snapshot so no tecnical masterpiece..
'Delica around the clock' :)

Image
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby JuPaul » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:18 pm
An impulse snapshot so no tecnical masterpiece..
'Delica around the clock' :)

Image
Love this one!!!
Be excellent to each other. - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Larry_Mott » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:44 pm

Thanks man! I should really redo it in proper light and tiles paralell etc. Liked the idea though :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 4790
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Ankerson » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:20 pm

Sorry for the delay, I didn't know I had to pick the winners. :o

Very hard to pick the winner this week.

The Winner is GiftedMist with an excellent very clear photo, colors really pop, showed good imagination and post processing.
GiftedMisfit wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:55 pm
Image

The runner up is The Meat Man with a VERY Sharp, tack sharp image, nicely done. DOF is spot on, great job, could have stopped it down a hair more to bring the tip and the heal into sharp focus and it would have won.

The Meat man wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:19 pm
Image

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2752
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby The Meat man » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Ankerson wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:20 pm


The runner up is The Meat Man with a VERY Sharp, tack sharp image, nicely done. DOF is spot on, great job, could have stopped it down a hair more to bring the tip and the heal into sharp focus and it would have won.

Thanks! :)
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

User avatar
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby JuPaul » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:44 pm
Thanks man! I should really redo it in proper light and tiles paralell etc. Liked the idea though :)
Woman. ;) When I first saw it, I thought they were laid out on an old metal fan cage...cool effect.
Be excellent to each other. - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 1007
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby bearrowland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Nice pic!
Barry

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Larry_Mott » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 am

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:44 pm
Thanks man! I should really redo it in proper light and tiles paralell etc. Liked the idea though :)
Woman. ;) When I first saw it, I thought they were laid out on an old metal fan cage...cool effect.
Oh, sorry about that :) It's a vintage living room table. At first i thought it was really tacky and said to my fiancée "look at this 70's relic" then it was stiill there the next time we visited the second hand place and my opinion did a 180 and i bought it :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby JuPaul » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:31 am

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 am
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:44 pm
Thanks man! I should really redo it in proper light and tiles paralell etc. Liked the idea though :)
Woman. ;) When I first saw it, I thought they were laid out on an old metal fan cage...cool effect.
Oh, sorry about that :) It's a vintage living room table. At first i thought it was really tacky and said to my fiancée "look at this 70's relic" then it was stiill there the next time we visited the second hand place and my opinion did a 180 and i bought it :)
As a 70's relic myself, I appreciate that. ;) :p
Be excellent to each other. - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
GiftedMisfit
Member
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:20 am
Location: Ontario, Canada. Earth

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby GiftedMisfit » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:16 am

Thanks for the nod Ankerson. I really didnt think I had a chance this week, some really good photos. Awesome though. I look forward to this week and seeing some 'runner up' calendar photos. (The one you almost used)

Good luck everyone
:spyder: Jesse James :spyder:

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 4790
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Ankerson » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:57 am

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:16 am
Thanks for the nod Ankerson. I really didnt think I had a chance this week, some really good photos. Awesome though. I look forward to this week and seeing some 'runner up' calendar photos. (The one you almost used)

Good luck everyone

The DOF could have been better, could have stopped it down more, but you showed good imagination and the post processing really made the colors pop, good job. :)

cwoods
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby cwoods » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm

52100
20190829_150901.jpg
PM2 52100; Para 3 Rex 45; Stretch 2 V-Toku2

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 4790
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Postby Ankerson » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:29 am

Image


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], camvdcs, Google [Bot], Ian80, knivesandbooks, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mr.B., NickoP, nontypical1, Pelagic, phaust, selrahc, Sharp Guy, ugaarguy and 40 guests