Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ramonade

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by Ramonade »

Thanks MG2 and Sharp Guy !

Sadly, there was only 1 N5 LW in this box initially... One day I'll get several at once !
(Btw, if someone wants to celebrate my birthday, I spied a Stormtrooper N5 with my little eye... :face-clouds )
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:40 am

Sadly, there was only 1 N5 LW in this box initially... One day I'll get several at once !
(Btw, if someone wants to celebrate my birthday, I spied a Stormtrooper N5 with my little eye... :face-clouds )
I thought of you as soon as I read the post . You need one . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:32 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:40 am

I thought of you as soon as I read the post . You need one . MG2
I'd love to, but sadly I've bought a lot this month, enough to go a bit into the month of February so I can't let myself buy this one... Maybe one day someone will sell it to me on the used market ^^
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I thought I posted this last night. Not sure what happened

Anyway, it's been awhile since I've looked into this thread. Not sure if I posted this one previously. I have some new photo software that I've been playing with. This is just a result of playing around with it

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:45 pm

Anyway, it's been awhile since I've looked into this thread. Not sure if I posted this one previously. I have some new photo software that I've been playing with. This is just a result of playing around with it

Beautiful shot !
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
benben

Post by benben »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:45 pm

This one is fantastic!
Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

Last minute entry, the Bronco in the sun!
Attachments
20220123-ELH00782.jpg
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Nice shots !
I like Sharp guy's sage, almost looks like it is a mirror finish.

And Leeman1's makes me think of a well-known cowboy with his back and one boot on the wall, ready to put it in someone's face !

Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

Thanks! was kinda the vibe I was shooting for!
Ramonade wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:40 pm
Nice shots !
I like Sharp guy's sage, almost looks like it is a mirror finish.

And Leeman1's makes me think of a well-known cowboy with his back and one boot on the wall, ready to put it in someone's face !
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Canis at sunset
-Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:46 pm
Canis at sunset
That's a really nice shot too! I hope you don't mind my experimenting on your pic. I think it I could do more with it if I had the RAW file instead of working with a JPEG

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Ooh dang! You do have some nice editing software!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

Yeah RAW files are where it’s at! I always shoot RAW edit how I want it, sometimes push it pretty far and the files work great!

Nice work on taking the photo

Nice edit!

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:43 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Canis at sunset
That's a really nice shot too! I hope you don't mind my experimenting on your pic. I think it I could do more with it if I had the RAW file instead of working with a JPEG

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Canis at sunset

I don’t mind at all, you made it look much better in my opinion. It’s impressive how much you were able to improve the photo. Nicely done! :respect

This photo was taken with my phone and I’m not sure if my particular model of phone is even capable of shooting RAW files. Otherwise I’d be happy to share it for more experimenting. I’ll usually shoot RAW with my real camera because I often end up doing some level of editing with those photos. I like using Lightroom or Photoshop but I only have my phone to edit photos right now.
-Nick :bug-red
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

Great photo, I like it the most
Leeman1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:36 pm
Last minute entry, the Bronco in the sun!
And runner up is
Mushroom wrote: Image
Canis at sunset
Congrats ;)
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Well done everybody! Great pics all around.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

It was a fantastic week of pictures .Congratulations to everyone. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:32 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Canis at sunset
I don’t mind at all, you made it look much better in my opinion. It’s impressive how much you were able to improve the photo. Nicely done! :respect

This photo was taken with my phone and I’m not sure if my particular model of phone is even capable of shooting RAW files. Otherwise I’d be happy to share it for more experimenting. I’ll usually shoot RAW with my real camera because I often end up doing some level of editing with those photos. I like using Lightroom or Photoshop but I only have my phone to edit photos right now.
My drones shoot RAW and that's what I edit most but My Galaxy S10 will also shoot RAW if I have the camera set to Pro mode

I use Lightroom and Snapseed on my phone and I get really good results. Honestly those are all I really need. Luminar AI and Neo are what I've been using on the PC. Neo is a pre-release (basically Beta) and doesn't have all the features but it works pretty well. I also use Affinity and get nice results. I have Gimp too but I've never really taken the time to use it because I don't really need to. I've never had the desire to learn Photoshop. I'd use Lightroom on the PC but I can't justify paying for it when I have everything I need already. I bought Luminar and Affinity for very reasonable prices and I've been happy with what they can do. I don't like the whole yearly subscription thing. Autodesk went to subscriptions several years ago and it really ticks me off

One of my biggest issues with photo editing is how the finished pic looks on different devices. For example your pic looked pretty good when I did it on my PC but the sky looks a little over saturated when I view it on my phone. Not a big deal I'm really just messing around for my own entertainment
Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

Awesome! Thank you!

Great photo Mushroom!
Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

It’s because they aren’t all color calibrated, I purchased a Spyderx color calibrator for my editing monitor, lesson leaned after sending photos to print and they were way off!

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 am
Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:32 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Canis at sunset

My drones shoot RAW and that's what I edit most but My Galaxy S10 will also shoot RAW if I have the camera set to Pro mode

I use Lightroom and Snapseed on my phone and I get really good results. Honestly those are all I really need. Luminar AI and Neo are what I've been using on the PC. Neo is a pre-release (basically Beta) and doesn't have all the features but it works pretty well. I also use Affinity and get nice results. I have Gimp too but I've never really taken the time to use it because I don't really need to. I've never had the desire to learn Photoshop. I'd use Lightroom on the PC but I can't justify paying for it when I have everything I need already. I bought Luminar and Affinity for very reasonable prices and I've been happy with what they can do. I don't like the whole yearly subscription thing. Autodesk went to subscriptions several years ago and it really ticks me off

One of my biggest issues with photo editing is how the finished pic looks on different devices. For example your pic looked pretty good when I did it on my PC but the sky looks a little over saturated when I view it on my phone. Not a big deal I'm really just messing around for my own entertainment