Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great job Jeff ! Congrats to winners awesome pictures , agree this was a great week of entries so many fantastic photos. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
kohagen

Post by kohagen »

Dear Spyderco Knife community, :bug-red-white

I am incredibly honored and humbled to have been selected as the winner of the Spyderco Knife Photo of the Week contest. Thank you for recognizing my photo of the Paramilitary 2 knife and Glock with a Milt Sparks holster, which I captured with great passion and dedication.

I have been a long-time admirer and user of Spyderco knives, and to have my photo chosen from among so many outstanding entries is truly a dream come true. The Paramilitary 2 is one of my all-time favorite knives, and I am grateful for the opportunity to showcase it in such a unique and striking way.

I would like to express my appreciation to Spyderco for creating such incredible knives that inspire us to capture their beauty in photographs. I would also like to thank the judges for taking the time to evaluate all of the entries and selecting mine as the winner.

Finally, I would like to thank my family and friends for their unwavering support and encouragement. Their love and support have been instrumental in my success, and I would not be where I am today without them.

Once again, thank you for this incredible honor. I will continue to cherish my Paramilitary 2 and Spyderco knives and look forward to participating in future contests.

Sincerely,
Brian via Chat GPT AI :winking-tongue
Brian
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

kohagen wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:38 pm

I am incredibly honored and humbled to have been selected as the winner of the Spyderco Knife Photo of the Week contest. Thank you for recognizing my photo of the Paramilitary 2 knife and Glock with a Milt Sparks holster, which I captured with great passion and dedication.

I have been a long-time admirer and user of Spyderco knives, and to have my photo chosen from among so many outstanding entries is truly a dream come true. The Paramilitary 2 is one of my all-time favorite knives, and I am grateful for the opportunity to showcase it in such a unique and striking way.

I would like to express my appreciation to Spyderco for creating such incredible knives that inspire us to capture their beauty in photographs. I would also like to thank the judges for taking the time to evaluate all of the entries and selecting mine as the winner.

Finally, I would like to thank my family and friends for their unwavering support and encouragement. Their love and support have been instrumental in my success, and I would not be where I am today without them.

Once again, thank you for this incredible honor. I will continue to cherish my Paramilitary 2 and Spyderco knives and look forward to participating in future contests.

Sincerely,
Spectacular acceptance speech. :smirk

Thanks for the runner up, Jeff.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Chat gpt waxing eloquent 😅
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

A certain forum brother asked me via pm to post a pic here, and so I do of course ;)

Thought I was still on (American) time for that, but obviously not (winners chosen already)

Anyway...

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Probably the best acceptance speech ever Brian. Beautifully stunning and eloquent. Filled with ups and downs. Twists and turns. Really took the reader to new places. I give it 5 out of 5 Spyders.

Sorry Gernot, the pain had to end.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Best…Acceptance…Speech…Ever!!! Did you watch the Oscars last night or something? I know you’re new Brian, and not too long ago I was in your shoes and quickly realized what a great group of people are here are on this forum…Someone always chimes in w/advice for anyone genuinely needing help on whatever answers they are seeking…I’m gonna say a few words for you about this particular thread…I had a lot of questions about different things when I first posted here and many members helped out…Here ya go - there is only ONE judge each week and it falls on the previous week’s winner, so this week it’s you my friend…you’re gonna be torn between some outstanding entries but don’t take it too seriously as it will drive you crazy (this is all just for fun)…I’ve had the pleasure of winning a couple times and initially I felt guilty for not choosing EVERYONE, heck I even chose an honorable mention…I actually went back and looked at other judge’s verdict posts to get an idea of what to say and how to say it…if possible announce your choices Sunday night and if you can’t just give a heads up…I’ve never seen as many entries as were in this past week’s contest and I have a feeling it might happen again 🤷‍♂️…just have fun w/it and good luck👊

And Gernot - great photo as always!!! 😉
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Took this one last week before the rains came…I call it “Mushroom Madness”
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageA beautiful lady from Belgium selected this shot for this weeks contest of the DLT Endela . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
PStone

Post by PStone »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:15 am

:exploding-head Wow! Great picture!
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

Haven't carried my Sage 5 in quite some time so I decided to change it up this past week.
-Jimmy
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

kohagen wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:38 pm

Sincerely,
Hi Brian , nice post . Salty gave you some great advice and can’t add much more than this thread is not just a contest , it is a great way to support fellow members who have a common interest. Enjoy the week and remember that it really is about having fun . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
kohagen

Post by kohagen »

It would appear there are some large shoes to fill, and I love the attitude... thanks for the welcome, the advice and what I should be doing this week ( I was wondering!)

Those that are inclined to post great photo's this week, I love unique and interested angle's and shots, if they contained a watch, firearm, or other super close up artistic shots, you may get an upper hand... SaltyCaribbeanDfly starts us out with a Bang with a nice selection, depth of field and pastel color ways, Fly Fishing Rick nicely done with the macro shot of the Maxamet steel and props for polishing the blade of fingerprints before posting! and Manixguy@199 showing off a nice clean blade shot in the wild... should be a good week of photo's! :clapping-hands
Brian
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Uh-oh…sounds like we have a REAL judge this we boys…better bring your game!!! and Brian please don’t forget Gernot’s photo(Warstein)…his is actually the first post this week…he didn’t factor in the time zones when he posted and it didn’t appear until after Jeff judged 👊
Last edited by SaltyCaribbeanDfly on Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

kohagen wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:45 am
It would appear there are some large shoes to fill, and I love the attitude... thanks for the welcome, the advice and what I should be doing this week ( I was wondering!)

Those that are inclined to post great photo's this week, I love unique and interested angle's and shots, if they contained a watch, firearm, or other super close up artistic shots, you may get an upper hand... SaltyCaribbeanDfly starts us out with a Bang with a nice selection, depth of field and pastel color ways, Fly Fishing Rick nicely done with the macro shot of the Maxamet steel and props for polishing the blade of fingerprints before posting! and Manixguy@199 showing off a nice clean blade shot in the wild... should be a good week of photo's! :clapping-hands
Congratz on the win kohagen!
Reading you’re other post to thank everyone really makes me hope you stick around! And also i would love to see how you react if you would win in the Spyderco official Calendar contest some day! I just love it when people are so happy on this forum we need to see this more often. :beaming-face
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

No contest, we have a winner. :party-face
-Nick :bug-red
kohagen

Post by kohagen »

apollo wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:57 am
kohagen wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:45 am

Congratz on the win kohagen!
Reading you’re other post to thank everyone really makes me hope you stick around! And also i would love to see how you react if you would win in the Spyderco official Calendar contest some day! I just love it when people are so happy on this forum we need to see this more often. :beaming-face
Wait, there's an "official" contest? Image
Brian
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Yup-there are threads here somewhere or you can google “spyderco forum calendar contest”… it’s a REAL contest w/REAL prizes!!!
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:19 am

No contest, we have a winner. :party-face
Thanks Nick-learned from the Master!🙏

And thanks to PStone for the nod!👊
kohagen

Post by kohagen »

Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:17 pm
Yup-there are threads here somewhere or you can google “spyderco forum calendar contest”… it’s a REAL contest w/REAL prizes!!!
Found it... and found Nick's outstanding Selfie Sticking photo... holy crap, that took creativity to a new level, nicely done! It would seem that I've stumbled into a viper's nest of knife wielding photog's... post away gentleman!
Brian