Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by JSumm »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 3:53 am
rusted Dalek, left from the Time Wars ??!
:rofl Time Wars, I am afraid my references are too small, but that pic is hilarious! I feel the same when you guys talk Monty Python :rofl It does kinda remind me of the robots on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

The background is actually an old boiler at an old factory turned into restaurant bar and art house. At least I believe it is an old boiler. You guys can correct me if I am wrong. Here are some pics I stole from the Internet.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I thought the robot had a distinct Buck Rodgers vibe.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:57 am
Awesome ! Glad you posted hope to see more in the future. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:36 am
apollo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:57 am
Awesome ! Glad you posted hope to see more in the future. MG2
Thx. When this topic was rather new i posted allot.
Then i bought a house and i slowly became inactive.
Now i have bin sick the last 2 months (nothing extremely bad but bad enough to not be able to go to work and go to the hospital for scans and other crap tests.) So the walls are closing in from sitting at home all the time. So i went back to my roots and found happyness in my collection. :cowboy.
I just need to ask since youre forumname is manixguy how many manixes do you have? :cheap-sunglasses :beaming-face
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I have only 4 . I have the two originals where my username originated and a Manix 2 lightweight and a G10 model . I do have plans for additional variations in the future once some changes are made and steels . Thank you for asking . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:26 pm
I have only 4 . I have the two originals where my username originated and a Manix 2 lightweight and a G10 model . I do have plans for additional variations in the future once some changes are made and steels . Thank you for asking . MG2
Nice the originals are so great they are really the best out there . I am a big manix fan myself i have the original c95 and the sprint , 2 original mini manixes , 3 manix xl’s and 8 normal manix 2’s and thank god i quit collecting 4 years ago because i think i missed more sprints then i know about :sick :fearful-face
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:45 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Nice the originals are so great they are really the best out there . I am a big manix fan myself i have the original c95 and the sprint , 2 original mini manixes , 3 manix xl’s and 8 normal manix 2’s and thank god i quit collecting 4 years ago because i think i missed more sprints then i know about :sick :fearful-face
Yeah I’m waiting for another XL sprint exclusive to round out the herd . I have a strong preference for older models . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

JSumm wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:41 am
Ramonade wrote:
:rofl Time Wars, I am afraid my references are too small, but that pic is hilarious! I feel the same when you guys talk Monty Python :rofl It does kinda remind me of the robots on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

The background is actually an old boiler at an old factory turned into restaurant bar and art house. At least I believe it is an old boiler. You guys can correct me if I am wrong. Here are some pics I stole from the Internet.
Thanks for the explanation on the background haha. Daleks are the bad guys in a show that is older than me and certainly than my father, Dr Who. There was a reboot in 2001 of wich I am quite fond, or at least for the 10 to 12 first seasons. I believe it to be the oldest Sci-Fi TV show worldwide.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 3:34 pm
JSumm wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:41 am
Ramonade wrote:

Thanks for the explanation on the background haha. Daleks are the bad guys in a show that is older than me and certainly than my father, Dr Who. There was a reboot in 2001 of wich I am quite fond, or at least for the 10 to 12 first seasons. I believe it to be the oldest Sci-Fi TV show worldwide.
I loved Dr. Who ! Big fan it was so bad it was good ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 3:15 pm
apollo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:45 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Yeah I’m waiting for another XL sprint exclusive to round out the herd . I have a strong preference for older models . Dan
Hi Dan. I also have a preference to the older spyders. The era of the original manixes , chinook 2 , the original lil temps and … I do have a few queens like the Nirvana or the first gen Rubicon that are a bit more recent. And nice i do not have a sprint XL the only one i have is a Glow in the dark one that is kind of a sprint. The other 2 XL i have is a standard dlc one and another regular one i modded the lock from with a flytanium cage. (Ps you can call me Dimi)
Spydeefo

Post by Spydeefo »

Just found this thread, cool idea. I'll have to go back and look at all the pics but that beach one is very nicely done!
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

First place:
JSumm wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:17 pm
The Native 5 for this week.

Second place:
RevMike wrote: Image
Congrats! :smlling-eyes :bug-red-white
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Very cool! Thanks przemekspce!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

DANG, forgot to participate ! Well done everyone, badly done Robin ! :squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Congrats everybody ! Great to see more involvement. Hopefully Robin will remember to participate. :) :) Dan
Henry David Thoreau
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

Thanks for the runner up nod, przemekspce. I almost missed submitting for a second week in a row. Got this one in at the last moment. Took this photo while fueling a 250t Crawler Crane during a 32 hour heavy-lift job.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageSmock and friend . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

IMG_20220510_145452_347.jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.