Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
harryo97

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by harryo97 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:58 pm
pacific salt
Aaaaannnnnddddd NOW, IIIIIIIT’S TIIIIIIIIIIIME

This week’s first place finisher in Spyderco’s Photo Of The Week Challenge iiiiisssssss…………

LADYBUG93!!!!! Congrats! Everything about this picture is perfection! Love the black and white, the well-used pacific salt, and the grid pattern the knife is placed on! 🥇🙌💯🔥
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

harryo97 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:36 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
pacific salt

This week’s first place finisher in Spyderco’s Photo Of The Week Challenge iiiiisssssss…………

LADYBUG93!!!!! Congrats! Everything about this picture is perfection! Love the black and white, the well-used pacific salt, and the grid pattern the knife is placed on! 🥇🙌💯🔥
Congrats LB!
Great photo!
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

harryo97 wrote:
ladybug93 wrote:
pacific salt

Congratulations LB!!!👊…Awesome photo and good job judging harryo👍
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageGreat first time judging Harry ! Beautiful picture LB , my kind of shot ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

thanks, harryo97! and thanks to everyone else for the kind words. there were some great pics this week, so it's an honor to be picked. salty, i really like that manix shot on the burnt log.

since harry mentioned the "grid pattern" the pac salt is resting on in my picture, can anyone guess what it is? just for fun.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

ladybug93 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:42 pm
thanks, harryo97! and thanks to everyone else for the kind words. there were some great pics this week, so it's an honor to be picked. salty, i really like that manix shot on the burnt log.

since harry mentioned the "grid pattern" the pac salt is resting on in my picture, can anyone guess what it is? just for fun.

Thx LB…we have a patio chair w/the same looking pattern? Prolly a bad guess now that I see how big it looks,but you have a knack for illusion 🪄
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:24 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:42 pm

Thx LB…we have a patio chair w/the same looking pattern? Prolly a bad guess now that I see how big it looks,but you have a knack for illusion 🪄
Congrats LB! I was thinking along the same line as Salty. Some kind of outdoor furniture.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

harryo97 wrote:
ladybug93 wrote:
pacific salt

Congrats! Well deserved!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Gonna beat you to the punch this week Dan!!! 🤣👊…chopped smock✌️
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

😂 Ha,ha ha ! I’m working on something special today after running errands with wife . I will have a counter punch for you ! 😎 Buddy Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:58 am
😂 Ha,ha ha ! I’m working on something special today after running errands with wife . I will have a counter punch for you ! 😎 Buddy Dan
Oh snap…everyone better bring their game this week…Dan’s gonna be throwing some heat!!! …hopefully the wife has you lifting heavy objects and you throw your back out for the week-JK🤣…this competition needs more entries…wish we could all ante up a small fee and award the spydiefreak with the most wins a new spyderco mule or a ladybug 🐞…just pick a model that doesn’t cost much…maybe that would entice more people to enter…and DAN I nominate you as secretary/treasurer👊…but I wouldn’t want to ruffle any feathers at Golden🤔…would probably have to be approved by Sal himself🤷‍♂️…like $5 and 20 people👍
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Congratulations Ladybug! And you aswel cycletroll!

And Salty I appreciate the thought and the energy you spend in trying to get more attention to this thread. But this friendly competition has always had its ups and downs , we have a few weekly members like yourself but most are casual members that do not really go out to take pictures and just share one if they made one. I must admit we seem to have lost many members over the years that were here weekly but i fear it has more to do with the state of the forum then it has with this thread itself.
I find the forum personally less alive then before i took my long break. And i do not know what exactly happend here that chased many of the original picture fans away but i can name almost 10 out of the top of my head that vanished that were here every week without fail with a new piece of spydie art.
But making it a paid contest will in my eyes chase away more then you will gain.
Even myself as i have limited funds for my hobby thx to my eco friendly government with there crazy ideas would need to drop out if that would be decided and as Spydies go more expensive every year i am sure i am not the only one that wants to keep it free and for fun.
Offcoarse you could always ask Sal if he doesn’t want to give a factory second away every week…
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Glow in the Dark Manix XL

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

GB2
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:50 pm
GB2
Whoah! Sweet shot. I like how the patina of the m4 matches the background; nicely done. 👍🏼
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

That’s it I quit ! I can’t compete with professionals ! 🤣 Dan
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

apollo wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:02 am

And Salty I appreciate the thought and the energy you spend in trying to get more attention to this thread. But this friendly competition has always had its ups and downs , we have a few weekly members like yourself but most are casual members that do not really go out to take pictures and just share one if they made one. I must admit we seem to have lost many members over the years that were here weekly but i fear it has more to do with the state of the forum then it has with this thread itself.
I find the forum personally less alive then before i took my long break. And i do not know what exactly happend here that chased many of the original picture fans away but i can name almost 10 out of the top of my head that vanished that were here every week without fail with a new piece of spydie art.
But making it a paid contest will in my eyes chase away more then you will gain.
Even myself as i have limited funds for my hobby thx to my eco friendly government with there crazy ideas would need to drop out if that would be decided and as Spydies go more expensive every year i am sure i am not the only one that wants to keep it free and for fun.
Offcoarse you could always ask Sal if he doesn’t want to give a factory second away every week…
Hey apollo-totally get it,but I meant at the end of the year-just one knife,not one/week(heck I wouldn’t jump on that bandwagon)…you’re right tho-free and fun is probably better cause I can see myself either getting burned out or just too busy some weeks. Say if a tornado/storm comes through we are 7 days/wk daylight to dark taking trees off houses w/cranes so I can see myself being AWOL…right now it’s slow from mid-dec to late feb so I have time…definitely don’t wanna raise any eyebrows 👊✌️
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

apollo wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:44 pm
Glow in the Dark Manix XL

GITD manix…dang btwn you and LB there’s no room at the top for “off the charts” manix’s…really cool…now how bout a GLOW shot👊✌️
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

JSumm wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:50 pm
GB2
Da..it man -everywhere I turn there’s a GB2 staring me in the eye…I even looked at YouTube videos on it last week and everyone had great things to say about the ergos/grind/etc…in due time I guess 🤷‍♂️
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:02 am

Well said and I know Salty your heart is in the right place . We all do this to have fun and push each other and share . I’m afraid if it went to another level it would possibly be accusations of bias towards someone winning or judging . The less drama the better and good for everybody participating. Now if you want me to be the treasurer of silliness I am all in for donations . Apollo is keeping my wallet empty ! :zany Dan
Henry David Thoreau