Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:20 am
JSumm wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 am
apollo wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:19 am
Its indeed great that this thread gets back on its feet again. This picture sharing among the people ho love the same hobby really is just as a cherry on top of the delicious cake that is owning and using a spyderco.
Agreed apollo! I see so many great pics throughout different threads. Nice to see them all come together here for the week.
I have an idea ! Why not the judge each week pick a Spyderco posted elsewhere give special recognition with in the same time frame as the contest ? Just a thought .Dan
Yeah I try to reply to pics in other threads about the contest, but I have kinda slipped on that.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

JSumm wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:37 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:20 am
JSumm wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 am
apollo wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:19 am
Its indeed great that this thread gets back on its feet again. This picture sharing among the people ho love the same hobby really is just as a cherry on top of the delicious cake that is owning and using a spyderco.
Agreed apollo! I see so many great pics throughout different threads. Nice to see them all come together here for the week.
I have an idea ! Why not the judge each week pick a Spyderco posted elsewhere give special recognition with in the same time frame as the contest ? Just a thought .Dan
Yeah I try to reply to pics in other threads about the contest, but I have kinda slipped on that.
most of them will just ignore you. i've tried it in the past as well. i mean, this thread stays on the first or second page of the forum. people know about it and just don't participate. they're even already posting pictures. it literally only takes copying the same link a second time and they don't do it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ok just a thought to make a kind gesture to acknowledge other members . No worries . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:50 am
Ok just a thought to make a kind gesture to acknowledge other members . No worries . MG2
i'm with you. just sharing my experience.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Because Filoso would win most of the time. :winking-tongue
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

skeeg11 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm
He is fantastic along with Revmike and our friend from Poland to name a few . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

skeeg11 wrote:
Haha! I appreciate your kind words my friend, but I don’t think so…
There's a lot of people much more talented than me in the forum, that really know what they are doing when they're taking a photo, managing light, composition and with an incredible imagination. I've seen photos here that are authentic works of art. I just take a lot of pics and sometimes get lucky…
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

I think it's a bit more than luck. Your lighting, composition, selective focus and especially color saturation are exceptional.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Ladies and gentlemen, I propose to you.....

The SpydieBush !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 2:25 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, I propose to you.....

The SpydieBush !
So …. Does it trim itself ? If so where can I get them ? :) Dan
Henry David Thoreau
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Filoso- wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:19 pm
skeeg11 wrote:
There's a lot of people much more talented than me in the forum, that really know what they are doing when they're taking a photo, managing light, composition and with an incredible imagination. I've seen photos here that are authentic works of art. I just take a lot of pics and sometimes get lucky…
That was i think part of the problem why this thread died down. Some people take the thread to seriously and go professional mode. In the beginning it was al about the fun and showing the knives you love but if you get a few pro’s in the mix those guys start to always win (Not that that is wrong) but over time the normal guys quit and so also the thread. So i guess we should all enter , the pro’s the newby’s just all who likes showing there knives but no one should take it to seriously and just do it for the fun. :cheap-sunglasses
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 3:32 pm
Filoso- wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:19 pm
skeeg11 wrote:
That was i think part of the problem why this thread died down. Some people take the thread to seriously and go professional mode. In the beginning it was al about the fun and showing the knives you love but if you get a few pro’s in the mix those guys start to always win (Not that that is wrong) but over time the normal guys quit and so also the thread. So i guess we should all enter , the pro’s the newby’s just all who likes showing there knives but no one should take it to seriously and just do it for the fun. :cheap-sunglasses
Absolutely everyone should feel welcome to be in the weekly contest . I have a lot of fun posting a picture , bantering with buddies , and complimenting shots . I also learn so much from the postings , it’s all wrapped up in a nice package . Having a different judge weekly is the strong suit of the contest , they stear the direction we are the passengers , with a hitchhiker like me ;) Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

apollo wrote:
I don't know what to say, the only thing I can say for sure is that I'm not a pro, I'm just a guy that like knives and like to take photos.
I've not posted a picture in this thread for a while, and I have been barely visiting the forum in the last couple of months due to some familiar issues...

But this not a new problem, this thread has always had its ups and downs, strugling with lack of participation, and it's a pity, because this is a wonderful thread, full of creativity and cordiality and open to everybody.

The fact is that there's a lot of photos posted in another threads, but very few are posted here.
Why? I don't know... Maybe people is not comfortable judging or being selected or not, and prefer to only post a photo in other threads without other worries...
I'm only guessing, what do I know...
R100

Post by R100 »

Well I'm a pretty crap photographer and only have a phone but I love this thread so here is one to help keep it going.

Dan
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Well, thought I could share this one: Honestly not cause I think it is a particularly good pic, but just rather typical for "my style", if I even have one: Lots of surrounding, knife more like an "added bonus" in the pic ;)

... and it was just a very nice climb with my Salt and a nice spot where I took it.

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
apollo

Post by apollo »

Filoso- wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:00 pm
apollo wrote:
I don't know what to say, the only thing I can say for sure is that I'm not a pro, I'm just a guy that like knives and like to take photos.
I've not posted a picture in this thread for a while, and I have been barely visiting the forum in the last couple of months due to some familiar issues...

But this not a new problem, this thread has always had its ups and downs, strugling with lack of participation, and it's a pity, because this is a wonderful thread, full of creativity and cordiality and open to everybody.

The fact is that there's a lot of photos posted in another threads, but very few are posted here.
Why? I don't know... Maybe people is not comfortable judging or being selected or not, and prefer to only post a photo in other threads without other worries...
I'm only guessing, what do I know...
I hope you understand my post the way i meant it. Because i am not calling you a pro perse but wat i am calling you out on is welcome and join in whenever you like or be able to ( hope you're famili stuff gets better soon ) and we now you can make beautifull pics. 😁

And you are correct maybe we should make a new rule? Maby the people who win should reply when they diside they rather not want to judge and just participate instead ? (Then the runner up can judge) it is not a great efford to ask i think since most come online more then once a week. 🙂
Last edited by apollo on Sun May 29, 2022 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

apollo wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:20 am

And you are correct maybe we should make a new rule? Maby the people who win should reply when they diside they rather not want to judge and just participate instead ? (Then the runner up can judge) it is not a great efford to ask i think since most come online more then once a week. 🙂
I believe that is the origin of having a runner up. In case the winner cannot or does not want to judge, so probably good to reiterate for all new contestants. If for any reason the winner cannot judge, don't feel any hesitation to pass judging on to the runner up. That's a good reminder.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:20 am
apollo wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:20 am

I believe that is the origin of having a runner up. In case the winner cannot or does not want to judge, so probably good to reiterate for all new contestants. If for any reason the winner cannot judge, don't feel any hesitation to pass judging on to the runner up. That's a good reminder.
The last time I was chosen winner , I passed the judging to the runner up. My reasoning was since I have judged in the past it would be nice give someone else an opportunity to have fun judging . It’s also my sneaky way of being able to post another picture that week ! :zany :winking-tongue Dan
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

R100 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 9:36 pm
Well I'm a pretty crap photographer and only have a phone but I love this thread so here is one to help keep it going.

Dan
Thx for joining in R100 its a nice shot! What sprint run or exclusive is this ? Love the color. :cheap-sunglasses Also like the background. :open-grin
apollo

Post by apollo »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:25 am
Well, thought I could share this one: Honestly not cause I think it is a particularly good pic, but just rather typical for "my style", if I even have one: Lots of surrounding, knife more like an "added bonus" in the pic ;)

... and it was just a very nice climb with my Salt and a nice spot where I took it.

Nice rock formation. And i love that color green! Wish spyderco would use it in the manix line.