Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Leeman1

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by Leeman1 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:15 pm
Sorry I did not notice ! Welcome to the Forum hope to see more pics in the future , nice touch . MG2
Thank you, I for will for sure!
Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:41 am
Leeman1 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:35 pm
Fireside chat
First post here of my new PM2 micarta scales and cruwear steel.
Welcome to the forum! Great pic!
Thank you! working on some others for next week.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ok, below are my two choices for this week.

Despite there were actually not very many to choose from, it was a really tough decision. Some great pics this week!

Of course I did not consider at all if I actually like the knife in the pic and also not who made the pic (so no "posts a lot / I agree a lot / ... "deserves" to win here"..), but just how the pic "connects" with me personally and how well made / composed / thought through it is, as far as I can tell this (not very far actually... )

First place goes to Connor.

I really like the almost monochrome style pic, though it is not a just black and white one, and how interesting it still is.
I also like the composition: The knife is dominant in the pic, but also leaves a lot of space for "background" / surrounding.
The chips of concrete make it look almost as if the knife has crashed down from space, smashed a structure, and landed on the planet without taking any damage. A god-given weapon some hero needs to survive in that post apocalyptic scenario... ;)
The Meat man wrote:Image
Runner up: Vivi

I just really, really like the pic and looking at the it. Certainly my love for the outdoors will influence me a lot, and if I was more of a city boy perhaps I would have chosen another pic.
But this one makes me just want to be at that lake, at that exact same time of the year and the day, just sit there, grab the knife and use it for whatever, and be it just whittling a stick.
But I do also like the general composition and the colors. Again, like above: Knife dominant, but still a lot of background.
And concerning the colors: Nice contrast between the rather "warm" earth tones of the nature, and the rather "cool" "non earth toned" look of the knife - also the cool-light "glow" in the slightly translucent handle gives the pic a special touch.
vivi wrote:
vivi wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:12 pm
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:24 am
Ok, below are my two choices for this week.

Despite there were actually not very many to choose from, it was a really tough decision. Some great pics this week!

Of course I did not consider at all if I actually like the knife in the pic and also not who made the pic (so no "posts a lot / I agree a lot / ... "deserves" to win here"..), but just how the pic "connects" with me personally and how well made / composed / thought through it is, as far as I can tell this (not very far actually... )

First place goes to Connor.

I really like the almost monochrome style pic, though it is not a just black and white one, and how interesting it still is.
I also like the composition: The knife is dominant in the pic, but also leaves a lot of space for "background" / surrounding.
The chips of concrete make it look almost as if the knife has crashed down from space, smashed a structure, and landed on the planet without taking any damage. A god-given weapon some hero needs to survive in that post apocalyptic scenario... ;)
The Meat man wrote:[img]https://i.imgur.com/Vg899xK.jpg[/img
Runner up: Vivi

I just really, really like the pic and looking at the it. Certainly my love for the outdoors will influence me a lot, and if I was more of a city boy perhaps I would have chosen another pic.
But this one makes me just want to be at that lake, at that exact same time of the year and the day, just sit there, grab the knife and use it for whatever, and be it just whittling a stick.
But I do also like the general composition and the colors. Again, like above: Knife dominant, but still a lot of background.
And concerning the colors: Nice contrast between the rather "warm" earth tones of the nature, and the rather "cool" "non earth toned" look of the knife - also the cool-light "glow" in the slightly translucent handle gives the pic a special touch.
vivi wrote:
vivi wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:12 pm
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/g0YmFFgc/20211124-164336-HDR.jpg[/img
Thanks for the honor, Wartstein! I have to say, you did a better description job than I could ever have done. ;) Thanks! Congrats to Vivi as well. I'm looking forward to seeing this week's entries!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great job Wartstein , they were my pick both very tastefully done . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:21 am
Great job Wartstein , they were my pick both very tastefully done . MG2

Thanks!

English is not my mother tongue, and so a nice quote I only learned after joining this forum is "great minds think alike"... :winking-tongue
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Leeman1:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Leeman1

Post by Leeman1 »

Congratulations to Connor and Vivi! Excellent shots!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Wartstein wrote:
The Meat man wrote:Image
vivi wrote: Image
great choices! i also love the look of that manix with concrete and vivi's shot looks like a painting. very nice.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Congratulations Connor and Vivi! :clapping-hands
Wartstein wrote:
Good choices Wartstein! That is the good thing of this contest, the “judge” choose the images that make click with him/her. Remember it is always for fun.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Fun ? Did somebody say fun ? Ok let’s get started !
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Let's go for a fun week !

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
remnar

Post by remnar »

Fewer pictures but a tough choice last week...

Here's my pic for this week...having fun with the family up in the snow searching for a great Christmas tree. The Para3 helped to tidy some rope.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

remnar wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:59 pm
Fewer pictures but a tough choice last week...

Here's my pic for this week...having fun with the family up in the snow searching for a great Christmas tree. The Para3 helped to tidy some rope.

Nice picture with gloves ! I have been mulling using gloves as a backdrop myself . You have inspired me ! MG2
Henry David Thoreau
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Here is my entry

Same Same but different. Same size knives but different uses

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

islandpar

Post by islandpar »

IMG_4775.jpg
"Remember, it is never the knife's fault." - Daniel Boulud

18 Spyders and counting...
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

islandpar wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:55 pm
IMG_4775.jpg
The color of the scales and background blending is very tasteful . Very nice MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Tgmr05 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:33 pm

Nice pic, and... I want your knife! :winking-tongue
anycal

Post by anycal »

Peter