Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by DougC-3 »

I did a bit of a double take at the comment and leaned toward interpreting it as a mock-arrogant humor attempt, especially in view of the fact that, in my opinion at least, you, GS, probably have the biggest volume of consistently good photography on this thread since I've been here, and on the whole forum for that matter. Also, I could be wrong in this case, but I think sometimes these emoticons can be interpreted different ways.

Soon after I came on the forum, I sent a PM to TazKristi and used an eye-roll emoticon to poke fun at myself and I later thought it was possibly interpreted as casting aspersions at her and Sal, which I wouldn't have dared to do.

Excuse me for butting in and no disrespect intended toward any of our other great photographers :D
Last edited by DougC-3 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Double post
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Relaaaaaaax and flick a knife. ;)

Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

;)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just to clarify the rules for this thread;

Rule #1 - 1 photo entry per week
Rule #2 - Must contain a Spyderco product, place or person - If you can get all 3 at once then surely you must win :p
Rule #3 - No more rules!

If someone has an idea for another rule then please post it and if everyone else agrees we'll implement it otherwise we'll keep things the way they are, it's worked this long without issues. Personally I believe too many rules stymie creativity and I want to make sure everyone can enter no matter how good their photo is. If you have multiple pics that you want to enter then you can save them and enter 1 per week or get creative and make a collage. Anyhow, let's keep the pics coming and let them speak for themselves.

So here is my entry for the New Year, it's warm and sunny here so not so Christmasy.

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Sorry for perhaps instigating that whole brush up.

Back to the main topic...

Happy end of 2015 from North Carolina, where it's 60 degrees F and raining...

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Very nice pic GS! I think spyderco's maroon frn and burnt orange frn are really great looking colors.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Very nice pic GS! I think spyderco's maroon frn and burnt orange frn are really great looking colors.
I agree, and I think that the maroon and burnt orange along with maybe the forest green are the best colors for woodsy photos. They seem to fit right into nature. The blues and browns are good too though. I guess there isn't a color that I don't like... :rolleyes: Good excuse to buy all of them. :spyder:
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Totally forgot to check this thread with so much going on over the holidays. Thanks so much! Always glad to get a win here in the weekly contest thread :)

Great photos everyone, as usual.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

New year new gear!

-Nick :bug-red
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

:rolleyes:

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Piloton Cristi

Post by Piloton Cristi »

Happy New Year from Romania!
Have a healthy 2016 full of adrenaline and many, many "toys"!

ScottG

Post by ScottG »

remnar

Post by remnar »

i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Well that is quite colorful there remnar!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Very nice pic GS! I think spyderco's maroon frn and burnt orange frn are really great looking colors.
I agree on all three counts... amazingly sharp picture! which makes me think pictures may speak louder than words :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Just to clarify the rules for this thread;

Rule #2 - Must contain a Spyderco product, place or person - If you can get all 3 at once then surely you must win :p
Rule #3 - No more rules!

If someone has an idea for another rule then please post it...
Since newer members may not read the thread from the very first page, we could make it a habit to routinely mention to new people who win that we hope they'll judge the next week's contest. Maybe no need to list it as a rule, I suppose; it's pretty much taken care of itself so far... whatever :)
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Just to clarify the rules for this thread;

Rule #3 - No more rules!
I just have one question. I think it's assumed that if you submit a picture and don't win, you can't submit it again later. (You must submit new pictures every week.) Is this true? I don't mind either way...I just have been assuming this.