Spyderco Nirvana

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Spyderco Nirvana

Post by Popsickle »

Any news on the Rassenti Nirvana collab?
HotSoup

Re: Spyderco Nirvana

Post by HotSoup »

Its being worked on.

I would not expect it for at least a year based on Sal saying that its being worked on. Probably nowhere near production yet.

I honestly am very excited for this knife if its going to be a 1:1 replica of the custom, paired with Taiwan's legendary fit and finish.

Im guessing its going to have an orbital MSRP though. Id wager its going to be $699.99 after seeing the astronomic price of the Slysz Bowie.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Could we wait until after a production prototype exists to start the pricing hysteria?
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Theres no hysteria. No need to even see a production proto, because Sal has already stated its going to be an exact copy of the custom Nirvana i.e. integral Ti frame made in Taiwan.

The blade will LIKELY be S30V, S35VN, or CTS XHP.

If we compare it these materials to other Taiwanese collabs with similar materials, such as the Slysz Bowie, then stamp on the additional special factor it has for being one solid Ti block and the likely increase in manufacturing costs for something Spyderco has never done before, its safe to say were looking at one of Spyderco's most expensive folders ever, and if not, I'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Of course this is all conjecture, but its the best I can come up with info thats available.

Cant wait for release though.

Its a beautiful knife.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

HotSoup wrote:Theres no hysteria. No need to even see a production proto, because Sal has already stated its going to be an exact copy of the custom Nirvana i.e. integral Ti frame made in Taiwan.

The blade will LIKELY be S30V, S35VN, or CTS XHP.

If we compare it these materials to other Taiwanese collabs with similar materials, such as the Slysz Bowie, then stamp on the additional special factor it has for being one solid Ti block and the likely increase in manufacturing costs for something Spyderco has never done before, its safe to say were looking at one of Spyderco's most expensive folders ever, and if not, I'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Of course this is all conjecture, but its the best I can come up with info thats available.

Cant wait for release though.

Its a beautiful knife.
I didn't mean that you were being hysterical, but the hysteria is just a few posts away when discussing high end Taichung models for some reason. Just recently, on the Bowie, people were freaking out before anyone had even handled the thing. My point was: why incite a new pricing debate before we even know the pricing?
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

I was just stating my thoughts.

Its not up to me if others want to debate.