Spyderco knife in movies

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
opusxpn

Spyderco knife in movies

Post by opusxpn »

In the movie Hannibal, the Dr. uses what it looks like a spyderco to get his victims. Its a hawkbill very interesting.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
bearfacedkiller

Re: Spyderco knife in movies

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I believe it is a harpy.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =2&t=14767" target="_blank
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Definitely a SE SS Harpy. And, FWIW, I "discovered" Spyderco after reading where Dr. Lecter purchased several Spyderco models in his novels, so Thomas Harris may be a Spyderco fan. If you like the Lecter movies, you really should read the books, they're even better. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

There is a Foliage green endura 4 in season 2 episode 5 of the walking dead. clipped on the outside of Carls moms right pocket
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

There was at one time a long and rolling thread of Spyderco sightings from movies and TV. It might be still out there in the forum hinterlands.
JohnAPA

Post by JohnAPA »

mikerestivo wrote:There was at one time a long and rolling thread of Spyderco sightings from movies and TV. It might be still out there in the forum hinterlands.
Here it is:

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... ilit=movie" target="_blank
quickster47

Post by quickster47 »

So what knife did Gibbs always carry when he made reference to in his infamous Rule #9?

Carl
Gibbs rule #9. Never go anywhere without a knife.
mikeo

Post by mikeo »

quickster47 wrote:So what knife did Gibbs always carry when he made reference to in his infamous Rule #9?

Carl
That would be a ZT 0301, I believe.
quickster47

Post by quickster47 »

Thanks mikeo. :)

Carl
Gibbs rule #9. Never go anywhere without a knife.
Corvid1

Post by Corvid1 »

I recently watched an Australian film "The Hunter" in which The Hunter (Willem Dafoe) is carrying a folder that appears to be a Delica with a saber grind and a black pocket clip.

Just another example.

tim
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Corvid1 wrote:I recently watched an Australian film "The Hunter" in which The Hunter (Willem Dafoe) is carrying a folder that appears to be a Delica with a saber grind and a black pocket clip.

Just another example.

tim
Yep. You can see pictures in the Spyderco Sightings thread, which has a huge collection of screenshots from all sorts of shows, movies, and comics.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 02#p751502" target="_blank
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I watched GI Joe: The Retaliation recently and there was a scene where they were rigging up and I thought I saw a stack of spydie boxes on the table. I'm not sure though. Has anybody seen that scene?
762cal

Post by 762cal »

Well, Spyderco also appears in mangas!

I've also seen a Spyderco Police SS PE drawn on an old manga (might be early year 2000 ) I'll look for it...
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

762cal wrote:Well, Spyderco also appears in mangas!

I've also seen a Spyderco Police SS PE drawn on an old manga (might be early year 2000 ) I'll look for it...
Sweet find!
Spyderco Warrior, awesome blade :D
James Y

Post by James Y »

mikeo wrote:
quickster47 wrote:So what knife did Gibbs always carry when he made reference to in his infamous Rule #9?

Carl
That would be a ZT 0301, I believe.
In the early NCIS episodes, Gibbs carried what looked like a Gerber folder. It was a little later when he started carrying his ZT 0301.

Speaking of NCIS, I've seen Spyderco Enduras with Denozzo(?) and again in McGee's first appearance. Also seen a SS Police model that alternated with a SS Endura as the same knife, a weapon kept by Abby as evidence.

Jim
Donut

Post by Donut »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I watched GI Joe: The Retaliation recently and there was a scene where they were rigging up and I thought I saw a stack of spydie boxes on the table. I'm not sure though. Has anybody seen that scene?
I found the scene, I don't think those are Spydie boxes, they are the wrong dimension. If I had to guess, I'm thinking ammo boxes.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Johnnie1801

Fake Spyderco sighting

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I saw the movie End of Watch the other week and there is a part in the beginning when the cop talks about his equipment and says he carries a "Spyderco tatical knife", then he shows this knife :eek:

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Yeah, I've seen that nonsense before. It looks like some S&W poo or something cheap like that. Look at that horrible handle! Just looking at it is making my hand sore.
ASmitty

Re: Fake Spyderco sighting

Post by ASmitty »

Johnnie1801 wrote:I saw the movie End of Watch the other week and there is a part in the beginning when the cop talks about his equipment and says he carries a "Spyderco tatical knife", then he shows this knife :eek:

I have an inkling that what happened is that the writer of the script either knew what a Spyderco was or it was a term he picked up from a police officer he talked to during his research, and that the props department had no idea what it meant nor cared to find out.

It's an unfortunate error about my favorite knives in a movie I really liked otherwise.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Point Of No Return was on and in the part where Harvey Keitel tries to kill Brigette Fonda, he whips out some sort of Spyderco. Sort of Delica sized but seemed to have Krayton inserts. To far before my time here to identify