Para 2 ever in Stock?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CRS

Para 2 ever in Stock?

Post by CRS »

Seems like the para 2 (silver) is never in stock at Spyderco. I like buying from the source. Is it ever in stock?
Thanks
CRS
SpyderNut

Re: Para 2 ever in Stock?

Post by SpyderNut »

PM2's have a very big following and Spyderco has struggled to keep up with the demand. (That is one reason they are expanding their Golden facility). I would just check in often and keep your eyes peeled. I had to wait a few weeks for my first PM2, but I was eventually able to get one too. Hope this helps.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Couple weeks ago I recall Knifeworks had half a dozen in stock. Never hurts to call Spyderco's factory outlet. Often time inventory and websites aren't perfectly aligned, with websites in general.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

The Spyderco store itself rarely has stock of the sought-after Golden models. It is best to check reputable dealers such as Knifeworks, Knife Center, Blade HQ, GP Knives, et. al.

While you wait, here's some eye candy. ;)

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Check Sooner State Knives, last time I checked they had some PM2's in stock, cant remember which models exactly but worth a check.
CRS

Post by CRS »

Thank you for the feedback everyone:-) ....and nice pictures:-)) I have the original Para in black...think I got it around 2007. It's been a great knife. Seems like the Para 2 is a bit more refined...smoothed off some rough edges around the handle. Is the clip set a little higher on the handle so that it carries lower in the pocket?
Good to see everyone here is still enjoying their blades:-))
CRS
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

Satin/Black

Black/Black

and Black/Digi

are in stock at GPKnives
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Getting your hands on a Para 2 can be a challenge, but if you are vigilant and not picky about the handle color/ blade coating you will eventually get one. It took me about 4 months of waiting for the combination of money + opportunity to align.

The trick seems to be, just keep you eye on all of the major online retailers. Follow them on Facebook, follow them on Instagram, and check their sites and you will eventually see one come in stock. I know both Cutlery Shoppe and Blade HQ announce when they become available. Also, the Spyderco forums are a good place to check, we look out for each other in this regard.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

They're in stock all over right now. BladeHQ has at least the plain black in satin, KW had some according to their FB, and several others were mentioned above.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Howes Knife shop had earlier today, they also had the fluted native in stock.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Howes Knife shop had earlier today, they also had the fluted native in stock.
Yeah, I've been happy to see that quite a few dealers are receiving more stock of the fluted Ti knives, they were scarce as hen's teeth for awhile. Yesterday KW even had another fluted Ti Millie in stock, fortunately some has bought it now, helps keep me from buying it. I was looking for one for so long, I developed an instant-reflex action and couldn't help but buy one if I saw one (I have 4 now, need to find a way to kill that reflexive impulse :)).
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

http://www.warriorsandwonders.com" target="_blank if you're fast.
- best wishes, Jazz.
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

its crazy to think that the knife has been out for about what 4 years and still hard to come across.

i got lucky enough to get a sprint orange and got a black/satin earlier this year. may try and pick up a digi-cam satin soon if i can find one.