Which Para Military 2 do you love the most?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which Para 2 is your favorite?

S30v
15%
Blue M390
22%
Foliage Green Elmax
5%
Forest Green CTS204P
21%
CF CPM154/S90V
6%
Orange CTS-XHP
8%
Brown CPM-S35VN
8%
Grey CTS-20CP
8%
CF S90V
8%

Total votes: 103

BTG

Re: Which Para Military 2 do you love the most?

Post by BTG »

image.jpg
ELMAX....love that steel
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

I voted the Dark green pm2. I wish i had one :( The **** thing is harder to find in europe then the 6 winning numbers of our euromillions lotery... :p
if i would find one of those new in box it would be the only para 2 i will never change anything on. :)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Well since I only have 1 I would say that 1!! Black G-10 s30v.. John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
thelastbestplace

Post by thelastbestplace »

Black G 10, s30v satin blade, with a STR deep carry pocket clip. Because it's regular production I am not afraid I'll damage or lose it which makes it my favorite.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Without owning a PM2 - yet, my vote goes for the one I want, the orange ctsxhp. Not sure why but this one is calling to me. I've posted about if I really need a PM2 though. Please give me some feedback PM2 owners. Thanks.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm another vote for the Forest Green 204P. I like it for the color, metal, and smooth operation. Ordinarily I would have liked foliage green better, and I was expecting maybe to like my newer foliage Elmax better, but the 204P opens more smoothly and its G-10 is chamfered, making it noticeably more comfortable in hand to me. It takes a good bit more force to overcome the detent of the Elmax knife, which some would probably like. My 204P is from the first run of the green exclusive. I don't know if the second run was chamfered or not, or even if the whole first run was, but from the pictures I've seen, the first run was a little "more perfect" than the 2nd :cool: The brown S35VN is the only other PM2 I have, but I've got a couple of used FG "PM1's".

Before I bought my green PM2, I had just bought my first 2 or 3 spydies and come on the forum, and there was a huge amount of excitement about this green exclusive, the forum Native, and the K-390 mule. I got caught up in the fervor but didn't have a clue about sprints or exclusives or how to find out where to get one, plus the green PM2's were pretty well sold out. A few had just been selling for $175, but they seemed to all be gone. Some were selling on the secondary market for $300-$400. Finally I got a tip from a very highly respected long-time forumite and snagged a numbered collector from a dealer for $225. This was about ten times what I used to pay for a knife and $50 more than I had been willing to pay. I quickly came up with my pizza dinner argument, which I've used several times since then :p Do I really want to miss out on this knife forever over the price of a couple of pizza meals? :confused: :eek: The knives always win out over pizza :D

Here's my two so called greens, though it's hard to capture the subtle shades of green in a photo. The ant seems to prefer the taste of the Elmax :)
Last edited by DougC-3 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

DougC-3 wrote:
but the 204P opens more smoothly and its G-10 is chamfered, making it noticeably more comfortable in hand to me.
I did not know that some of the 204P knives were chamfered and some were not?

Curious to go check mine out after work.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

DougC-3 wrote:
but the 204P opens more smoothly and its G-10 is chamfered, making it noticeably more comfortable in hand to me.

HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

DougC-3 wrote:

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the chamfering is done by hand and sometimes it's barely noticable. I just find it a little more comfortable. Some people might argue that it's better not to have it so as to have a better grip on the edge of the scale while pushing out the blade.

By the way, your post showed up three times and I think I know exactly why. Every night at around midnight to 12:10AM here in the US central time zone, the forum server gets as slow as wading in deep molasses, uphill :) It sometimes takes me 10 minutes to get a post to show up, so apparently a couple of your failed attempts went ahead and posted later.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.