Collaboration Sprint Runs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

Collaboration Sprint Runs

Post by MacLaren »

I was wandering about how many, if any have Sprint editions? I was also very much hoping that Sal might one fine day consider the Vallotton for a Sprint run. Hopefully with CPM M4 or M390. Or, what would y'all choose as a Sprint Steel for the Vallotton? And furthermore, what other Collaboration would you like to see have a Sprint Edition and, what type Steel would you like that to be? This should be fun :)
bornagainprimative

Re: Collaboration Sprint Runs

Post by bornagainprimative »

Let's be crazy here and say a Phil Wilson south fork in 10v
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I believe many people including myself would be interested in a gayle Bradley folder sprint. I'm sure some would like a stainless option.
bearfacedkiller

I believe there was a bob lum sprint. ;)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I believe there was a bob lum sprint. ;)
Lol, yes. :D
Was the original Lum black?
bearfacedkiller

I know there was a black on black sprint and there was a black g10 ats-55 model.
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

Off the top of my head I can think of the FRN Jess Horn in ZDP, C22 Walker with Almite handles, C22 Walker with CF & ZDP, JD Smith, Ayoob, Goddard, Lum Chinese in ZDP, and the Zowada as collabs that came back with sprint runs. So yeah, it happens.

If they brought back the JD Smith again with a nice shade of micarta, or maybe polished G10, with an XHP blade I would be selling pints of blood. :D

Would also like to see the C25/C50 done without the secondary lock in full carbon fiber.
~ Nate
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I think many people would like the Perrin PPT with TI instead of steel. I think this design was under-appreciated due to heft inherent to the steel construction.

Just so my idea is fully fleshed out: Perrin PPT, full TI lock side (with no over scale), TI backspacer, steel liner on presentation side with colored corrugated G10 scale (open to anything: blue, orange, green).Although this knife is more "tactical" it sits fully in the pocket so I don't think a colored scale takes away from discreet carry.

If we're shooting for the moon I say full TI presentation side WITH corrugations, but that'd be one pricey sprint.

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Excellent fellas. And yes, shoot for the moon :)
Anything is possible.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

MacLaren wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:I believe there was a bob lum sprint. ;)
Lol, yes. :D
Was the original Lum black?
The original Lum (non-sprint) had a Ti handle with ATS-55 steel blade. It is heavier than a brick, but is very solid and beefy. :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Although I would be down with a Gayle Bradley sprint, I'm curious to see what changes are made on the Gayle Bradley 2. If it is more refined which I'm sure it will be, perhaps it would be better suited to a sprint.

I'm still hoping for a G10 UKPK sprint (not a collaboration) but I know that is years away if ever due to Golden being at capacity. Maybe with the expansion they are doing there will be room to fit it in someday. Oh and because I always say it, I'll say it again. Another Lum Tanto folder sprint is a great idea.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

The Barong in some highend carbonsteel; k390, M4 or superblue
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

toomzz wrote:The Barong in some highend carbonsteel; k390, M4 or superblue
Superblue would be your option there, as the Barong was made in Seki, which limits the steels available.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Spyderco did quite a few sprints, dealer or distributor exclusive of custom collaborations. But all of them were done for discontinued models, not current production.
The only sprint custom collaboration I would like to see at this time will be original Jess Horn, but most likely it will cost even more than original on the secondary market.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:The only sprint custom collaboration I would like to see at this time will be original Jess Horn, but most likely it will cost even more than original on the secondary market.
OUCH $$$! But look on the bright side, it would still be half of what a used Jess Horn custom would be (if you could even find one).
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

I'd really like to see a Sprint of the C53 Herbst with titanium framelock and CTS-XHP from the Taichung plant.
Or a C42 Viele with polished red G-10, titanium bolsters and ZDP-189 made by Moki.

Ok, just dreaming, but we haven't had a Sprint of these two classic collabs so far.
Maybe something simpler would be possible.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think the top of my sprint wish list is probably a ZDP Centofante 4, ZDP Kiwi 4, and a ZDP Rock Lobster. I would also be interested in Superblue, but would prefer ZDP.

Otherwise, my dream knife right now is a solid G10 Manix 2 with the Lightweight liners (small, 8 shaped that only surround the pivot and stop pin) and a deep carry wire clip. Unfortunately I may have to make this one a reality myself.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Very nice fellas! Keep em coming. :)
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Sprint or not, I'm just lookin for a Sprig or 3, B&T that is. :rolleyes:
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

In another thread someone floated the idea of a Hossom Fixed blade with 3V, which is an awesome idea. I'd be most interested in one of the middle two sizes (7.5" or 6" blade).