Massdrop deals

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Massdrop deals

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I see Massdrop have deals on the Dog Tag Folder ($59.99) and the Black Szabo ($164.99)

They also need 40 more votes to get the Dark Blue Manix 2 s110v :D

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/value-super-steel-edc
bh49

Re: Massdrop deals

Post by bh49 »

just wondering, if anybody bought from them
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have been very spendy lately. Guns and flashlights stealing from my knife funds but I am thinking about snagging a dogtag at that price.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I am in on the dogtag buy on massdrop, $60 for the dogtag is the right price for me. I also am in on a fountain pen buy but it isn't over yet so I have not had any experience in fully completed transactions, yet.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have a thing for copper and may buy the retrakt copper pen on there. I have been looking at a few different copper pens and that was one of them.

I keep telling myself I'm gonna wait for the dogtag to come out in better colors. Decisions.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

bh49 wrote:just wondering, if anybody bought from them
I got in on the deal for the Dice, it should ship next week, I'll let you know what happens but so far they have been very professional.
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Now that S110V is a production steel for the manix I hope there will be another sprint run with the steel with the skeletonized liners and g10 scales.
LDphifty

Post by LDphifty »

I ordered a foursevens preon ti on massdrop. took about 2-3 weeks or so but i eventually got it. if you can wait, massdrop is a good way to save a few bucks.

Lou

p.s. it takes a while to get enough votes for consideration... even if you meet the required minimum, nothing is guarenteed. just for reference, i started that poll for the Manix s110v almost 2 months ago. same user name as on here
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm more impressed that they even have the 110 Manix while it seems most everyone else is out of stock (unless they've got them in since I last checked).
LDphifty

Post by LDphifty »

they actually dont have a stock of anything. they are a middle man, so to speak. once a poll gets the minimum votes a massdrop employee contacts the manufacturer to order a specified lot. they probably wont be able to get anything that is in a very high demand. like the pm2, the manix 110 might be a stretch for them to get get their hands on
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

LDphifty wrote:the manix 110 might be a stretch for them to get get their hands on
I don't think it will be too hard, Spyderco have been making the latest run all summer so by the time the vote ends they should be able to get some, being an optimist I'm hoping around 10-20. Only 44 more votes needed before we find out :D

Just looking at the site today I see they have sold over 60 dog tag folders since last Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell all 180 before the end of the deadline. I'm guessing on the success of this they will do another run at some point, I think I will hold off and maybe wait for an all black version ;)
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I have purchased several things from MD and haven't had issues except for the wait times often getting up there. Some of their deals are quite good, others not so much. Saving some money has made my buying addiction more tolerable. Their pen deals are often quite good, I've picked up many through there.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I doubt that I will go for any of their deals. Saving $10-15 is not worth for me to wait 3 week for delivery. I am not a patient man. If I buy something, I want it now or at least withing 2-3 days.
Johnnie1801

Update

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just got confirmation email that my Dice has been shipped on 10/01/14 (drop ended 09/14), so has taken about 2.5 weeks. The waiting time is long :( but I'm saving about $60 on the price here so I am quite happy to be patient :) . I'll post some pics when it finally arrives.

I'm guessing they might do another run on the Dog Tag Folder in the future. They sold 154 out of 180 available and already they have 76 requests to offer it again. I hope they will have the black versions available in any future drop. You can request it here:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-p ... knife/talk

Votes are still being counted for the Manix 2 s110v, it's reached over 200 so hopefully something will be happening soon on that. I also started a poll on Spyderco fixed blade knives, if you're interested or want to add another knife you can do it here:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/spyderco- ... ade-knives
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

bh49 wrote:I doubt that I will go for any of their deals. Saving $10-15 is not worth for me to wait 3 week for delivery. I am not a patient man. If I buy something, I want it now or at least withing 2-3 days.
I know what you mean, the waiting is hard but at least I have other knives to play with in the meantime. Another factor that's persuaded me is that massdrop get their knives directly from Spyderco so the chance of getting a counterfeit is low to nil.
Patience is bitter but it's fruit is sweet
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

3 new deals available

Spyderco Military (black blade/handle) - $134.99
Spyderco Double Bevel - $124.99
Spyderco ClipiTool (2 knives bottle opener/screwdriver + plain & serrated) - $39.99
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I've seen the Double Bevel for that price in stock somewhere, I'd check around first before jumping on that one.
Johnnie1801

Update

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I got my Spyderco Dice from Massdrop yesterday. It was shipped from California on the 1st October so it took 7 (9 including weekend) working days to reach me here in Europe. It arrived in a solid cardboard box (about 6ins X 6ins) and the knife was very well protected in those plastic airbags. The knife was in perfect condition. On ordering from Massdrop:

Pro's
good price
good shipping price
acceptable shipping time
good communication
good for International customers
product comes directly from supplier

Con's
The waiting time between end of drop and shipping

Would I order from Massdrop again? Yes, if I find the right deal.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Spyderco Dog Tag Folder available again at $59.99 - they have 84 units available
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Spyderco Kiwi 4 G-10 available at $104.99 - 50 units available

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-kiwi4-g-10