Massdrop deals

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
darr3n

Re: Massdrop deals

Post by darr3n »

Thorien, did you receive an email from Massdrop canceling your order? How late did you join?
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Hi daar3n
I got an email saying basically what it does on the discussion page of the drop that some people wont receive the plain and serrated versions as there has been a mistake in numbers. I did join somewhere near the end maybe 180 ish out of 200? Can't recall exactly tbh.
I presume they have sent these emails to those of us effected, that's all I know atm.
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

An update, apparently those who are effected will hear by email later today. Will keep my fingers crossed. :)
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Got the dreaded email, been given these choices:

1) Ship a similar knife from Spyderco. As each of these options were slightly cheaper, we would ship this knife with a $10 Massdrop credit. Similar knives that are available:
a. Spyderco Pacific Salt Yellow FRN ~ C91YL
b. Spyderco Ladybug 3 Hawkbill Salt ~ LYL3HB
2) Process a full refund and cancellation

What would you guys do?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Got the same email. This is the second failed massdrop I have purchased in the last 2 months. 50% of my transactions there have failed. Disappointed and frustrated. I told them to cancel and refund immediately.
Going back to Caly.
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

It was my first purchase from Massdrop so not impressed to be honest. I think I may go for the yellow Hawkbill LB3 but I really wanted the green and black. May just cancel actually. :mad:
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Thorien wrote:It was my first purchase from Massdrop so not impressed to be honest. I think I may go for the yellow Hawkbill LB3 but I really wanted the green and black. May just cancel actually. :mad:

Yes, that is quite the disappointment.

I already have, and thoroughly enjoy, the "Ladyhawk", Ladybug Hawkbill. It is a great knife, but only available in SE. I do recommend getting yourself one, but not sure if I'd get one through Massdrop.
I wanted this USN for the PE, just for variety. I already know the SE is probably superior to the PE in H1, but just wanted the variety and jumped on the buy when I saw it.

It's confusing in their email that they don't mention pricing for the alternative options they present you with.
Going back to Caly.
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Did you join the drop quite late or at the start?
Just wondering if they sent the same email to absolutely everyone in the drop or just those who joined at the end?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Thorien wrote:Did you join the drop quite late or at the start?
Just wondering if they sent the same email to absolutely everyone in the drop or just those who joined at the end?

I'm not sure how you tell if I was early or late? I just clicked "join", and chose the Plain Edge, then paid.
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

How much were they selling for? I already have a handful just curious what the price point was compared to the original release.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

$45 + shipping of $7.75 to the UK = Total $52.74 shipped
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

farnorthdan wrote:How much were they selling for? I already have a handful just curious what the price point was compared to the original release.

I hope listing sale prices doesn't violate a forum rule here...
But they were for-tee ate and change. ;)
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Thorien wrote:$45 + shipping of $7.75 to the UK = Total $52.74 shipped
Well thats not too bad...
SpeedHoles wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:How much were they selling for? I already have a handful just curious what the price point was compared to the original release.

I hope listing sale prices doesn't violate a forum rule here...
But they were for-tee ate and change. ;)
Nope, that's one of the great things about this place, no supermods to remind you of every little infraction. You can list vendors, prices etc. Just no B/S/T which is fine I guess. ;)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

farnorthdan wrote:
Would have been great if they hadn't mucked it all up! I've cancelled now and asked for a full refund. :(
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Thorien wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Would have been great if they hadn't mucked it all up! I've cancelled now and asked for a full refund. :(
You know, I've been seeing a few of these on the bay lately, not sure if they ship your way but might be worth checking out.

Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Unfortunately they don't ship to the UK.
Ah well, c'est la vie! I won't let the buggers get me down. ;)
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Man, just got the email also. I was in on 2/27 and had ordered a se to go with my pe. Not thrilled about it, so I am just going the refund route.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Who has one of the Ferrum Forge / WE Knives Massdrop Falcon models? I am interested in buying one, but I want feedback.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

It might be better to ask in the Off Topic forum.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

xceptnl wrote:Who has one of the Ferrum Forge / WE Knives Massdrop Falcon models? I am interested in buying one, but I want feedback.
Dang that looks pretty nice! Not sure I like the finger choil on this model though. Still very tempting.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!