Massdrop deals

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
redtruck

Re: Massdrop deals

Post by redtruck »

I saw that S35VN on the Massdrop email I got today and was tempted, but I also decided to look around at all the normal spots and GP knives has it currently at $144.95 with free shipping, compared to Massdrop at $137.99 with shipping. I don't know if waiting a month is worth the $7, I kind of want it now. :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Yeah, when I posted that they were still shipping internationally. They seem to somehow still be selling. Maybe MAP will keep them moving Spydies.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

So... how does this Massdrop thing work?
Do you pay in advance & then wait?
O just sign on and pay when they're ready to ship?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Cobra wrote:So... how does this Massdrop thing work?
Do you pay in advance & then wait?
O just sign on and pay when they're ready to ship?
Yep, join in on the buy and wait, sometimes it can take a while for the item to show up but it will. The last thing I bought on the Mass was the Titaner, took about a month to ship but well worth the wait. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:Note to self, never look at this thread again.

Haha, man, I just keep shaking my head. Gotta stay away from these deal threads. :p

I bought a watch on there and it took about a month, but we'll worth the wait. My GB Air didn't take long at all, maybe a week or so.
I think it all depends on the third-party vendor they are working with for the "group-buy" and their stock status and relative location.
Going back to Caly.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

No third party vendors AFAIK, the shipments come direct from Spyderco to Massdrop's shipping facility in Edison NJ, where they are then divied up and sent out to customers.

Not that I've ever bought anything from Massdrop... (in the last 8 hours or so ;))
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpeedHoles wrote:
HarleyXJGuy wrote:Note to self, never look at this thread again.

Haha, man, I just keep shaking my head. Gotta stay away from these deal threads. :p

I bought a watch on there and it took about a month, but we'll worth the wait. My GB Air didn't take long at all, maybe a week or so.
I think it all depends on the third-party vendor they are working with for the "group-buy" and their stock status and relative location.
Now that you mention it speed, I think thats were I got my air too and your right that one came pretty fast. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Massdrop has the Starmate available right now. Won't take too many buyers to get it down to $115.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Surprised to see the USN Ladybugs pop-up on Massdrop. Spyderco also has them marked down at the same price as the drop. Picked up a se to go with my pe.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I can't help but wonder if Spyderco is dealing directly with Massdrop? First the EDC glow in the dark Manix 2 XL and now the USN Ladybug, both of which aren't available in normal retail channels.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Looks like the drop is 125 pe and 79 se with 136 purchased. It doesn't break down the purchased split.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

It looks like the remaining stock was sold to Massdrop, since they're no longer available on the Spyderco website.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Anyone know what it's like shipping to the UK through Massdrop? Any problems or issues? E.g. Border agency seizures? Or extra VAT charges to pay etc?
williaty

Post by williaty »

MD is refusing to ship knives out of the US, according to a disclaimer the last time I looked at a knife drop. Too many of them were being confiscated at the borders of the destination countries.
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

They are definitely shipping to the UK atm, worrying to hear about previous problems though :(
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Thorien wrote:They are definitely shipping to the UK atm, worrying to hear about previous problems though :(
I don't live in the UK anymore but when I ordered from MD it wasn't a problem. Everything was well Packaged and the labels were all correct. You'll have to pay UK VAT and import duty when you collect the parcel from the post office or postman (I think 12% import duty + 20% VAT). For a more definitive answer I'd send Demoncase a quick pm, I believe he ordered from them not so long ago.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Thanks, I've actually jumped on board the USN Spyderco Ladybug - Limited Edition from Massdrop so will see what happens :eek:
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Well I'm a bit disappointed today. Looks like Mass drop have mucked up somehow and are now cancelling the order for some of us. So it looks like I won't be getting my ladybug USN now after all. :-(
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Do they not have anymore on the spyderco website?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Hi Spydergirl88, unfortunately not, it says 'Out of Stock' now on Spyderco.
It was my first 'drop' too. :(