Odd places that you play with a knife ? Yet another...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
HorserloverFat

Odd places that you play with a knife ? Yet another...

Post by HorserloverFat »

frivolous question ! :D

Where do you find yourself playing with your knife? Whilst driving? (Please don't while moving !) :eek: On the throne ? :D In bed with your significant other ? :o

Do tell !
Liquid Cobra

Re: Odd places that you play with a knife ? Yet another...

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Watching tv a lot. In the workplace for some reason as well. I've managed to convert most of the folks working in my office. The boss and another guy now carry a PM2 because of me. Another guy carries an endura 4. It's totally normal to see knives on desks now and being flicked. Oh and one of the PM2 guys also carries a UKPK as well as the Caly 3 I got him for his birthday.

I'd say we are very careful though, nothing stupid. It's just neat that I've made my office a knife friendly zone.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Watching tv a lot. In the workplace for some reason as well. I've managed to convert most of the folks working in my office. The boss and another guy now carry a PM2 because of me. Another guy carries an endura 4. It's totally normal to see knives on desks now and being flicked. Oh and one of the PM2 guys also carries a UKPK as well as the Caly 3 I got him for his birthday.

I'd say we are very careful though, nothing stupid. It's just neat that I've made my office a knife friendly zone.
Lol, have any job openings, I'm willing to emmigrate :D

I play around with mine whilst walking my dog, just hope I don't fall over or get spotted by a cctv camera :p
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

I've found myself "playing" with/breaking in my Manix 2 XL while in a traffic jam. But it is probably not the safest place... What if a car crashed into the back of me ? :eek:
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

In all of the places mentioned above, and then some (including high radiation areas ;))! I feel very odd without one in my pocket, almost mildly frantic sometimes.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I've never understood playing with knives while driving. Good way to turn a fender bender into an accidental seppuku.

I often mess around with my Spydies while working, waiting for files to render or download, etc. Or late at night in front of the TV after the wife and kid are in bed.
:bug-red-white
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

GB, did you get the Foundry yet?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I expect tomorrow.

No, I won't be playing with it while driving. But might take it on a little trip to get some scenic shots.
:bug-red-white
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Guilty of driving and while on the throne.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A lot at work or in front of the tv. And yes, on the throne.

I work with 10 people on my team and 5 of us have spydercos. Four of us carry a delica to work every day. Well, I rotate but three of them always carry delicas. One black, one grey and one ti Damascus. I bring my Super Blue a lot.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Mostly by myself, it drives my wife crazy when I do it too much when she's around, I guess you could call me a closet flicker :eek: sometimes I do it so much with my manix2 that my thumb and finger start to hurt. I especially like flicking my SB manbug while watching TV, I can finally do a lightening fast thumb flick with it.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

On the throne, but I hold if far away from me. ;)
- best wishes, Jazz.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Jazz wrote:On the throne, but I hold if far away from me. ;)
:eek: :eek: :eek:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

It depends. Most of the time, I'm surrounded by non-knife people at work, so I'm basically limited to playing with my toys in my office.
Trout Hound

Post by Trout Hound »

I was messing with my Delica in bed the other night. Didn't really surprise my wife. She made the mistake of giving me a Blackhawk CQD Mark I for my birthday last year (do I know how to pick 'em, or what?), and she was a little freaked out the first time I brought it to bed. :D
A sharp knife is a pleasure to carry. Five or six sharp knives are an even greater pleasure.

Trout Hound
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Almost 2 hours a day in the truck make it almost impossible to resist the temptation to flick or deploy in the car. I used to keep my wave trainer clipped to the car visor. Aside from that I don't normally flick or fondle while in public even though it wouldn't even raise an eyebrow in my place of employment. The couch while watching TV is where I probably fondle ... uhhh the knives . . .the most. The bathroom is off limits, besides I am usually on the smartphone checking the forums at those times.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I think I'd rather accidentally drop a knife while driving than while on the throne :eek: .

I love fondling the CF on the Caly, or sculpted Titanium on the Chaparral 2 & 3 and fluted Ti Native & Millie. I keep my arm rested across the center console and have a safe place to let go of it if need be (obviously not when I have a passenger there though!)
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

While driving the tractor...it's pretty slow on the road and I get easily bored. Flipping my PM2 open and closed passes the time nicely. I also do sometimes while watching news and videos on my computer too. Never brought one of my knives with me to the throne haha.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

I too have a bad habit of playing with my dice on the highway driving home from the cabin. I too worry what would happen if I were involved in a collision, but it is just so satisfying to flip it open.
timlara

Post by timlara »

I am horrified to hear how many people here have played with knives while driving! :eek: Although I do admit I have occasionally flipped a new blade a few times while at traffic lights on the way home from the Factory Outlet store...

It's very tempting at my mundane desk job, but I pretty much always resist playing with my knives at work for fear someone will freak out and get them banned. I actually had someone think a Calypso Jr. was scary before, so I don't risk it!