go to edc combo?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

go to edc combo?

Post by endgame »

This is my edc goto,154cm manix 2 spyderedge with custom cf scales and ghost liners,vg10 street beat fixed blade,spyderco firebyrd,and cpm s30v titanium dogtag.now there is nothing out there the manix 2 with spyderedge and street beat cannot handle.at the end of the day the firebyrd will open youre beer cut youre cigar and light youre smoke up whatever you like,the dogtag is sweet looking usuable jewelry that is to at last resort ir just to play with and show off when you drink and smoke!lol just kidding.what are youre goto edc combo's?.sorry my pics stink but I have to resizem and the lose quality.
Attachments
1410787755757.jpg
1410787691872.jpg
The Deacon

Re: go to edc combo?

Post by The Deacon »

For me, it's almost always a Stretch, a Kiwi, and a burgundy micarta Jester.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
endgame

Post by endgame »

Pics
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

endgame wrote:Pics
One of these, most often one of the three bottom ones in the left row or the one in the center, although today it's been the black Nishijin GF one:
One of these, almost all of them get carried at least one day a year, today it's the sun yellow Corian one (middle row, 5th from bottom):
And this little guy that has been on my key ring for 10+ years:
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I carry two knives every day; one clipped in my right pocket, and another loose in my right pocket. Here is my current carry rotation from which I choose:

Cllipped:
-Paramilitary 1 PE
-Manix 2 LW (translucent blue) PE
-A.T.R. SS PE
-Lil Temp PE
-D'allara DP CE
-Dodo black PE
-Kershaw needs work

Deep pocket no clip:
-Delica 4 PE frn
-Delica 4 PE g10
-Caly 3 PE g10
-Kiwi 4
-Opinel No. 8 Carbone

Today, I'm carrying my Para 1 clipped, and a Delica 4 pink frn deep pocket.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Right now, the two tools that I don't leave the house without are my S110V Manix 2, and my Victorinox Spirit multi-tool.

There aren't many EDC chores I can't accomplish with those two tools.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My go to edc combo is these two and one of my multitools. Love them both so much and while I say I like other knives better I carry these two the most. I love my other two para2's but this one is so smooth and broken in and the g10 is all pocket worn. It has become an old familiar friend. The lock on it is a little worn and it pinches me a little more these days but I still love it. I'm carrying my cruwear military with that SB delica today though. Also carrying my victorinox craftsman today instead of my leatherman wave or SwissTool.

endgame

Post by endgame »

Thame thin g10 in pm2 or millies seems to feel better once worn in.when knew the g10 is thin so it feels stiff or crisp and cheap.once in pocket and used allot it softens up very true bearfacedkilla!
Invective

Post by Invective »

Lately, it's been my CF S90V/CPM154 PM2 in RFP, S110V Forum Native with pewter bead on a lanyard in lfp, and the DogTag on the lanyard. Just reground the Dogtag (a bit hastily I might add eek!) to be 2mm stock instead of 2 and it's a slicing demon now! Just need to finish the regrind off with high grit and it'll be ready for pics, I only had 30 minutes before work so I just barely got done with the 50 grit belt and re-profiling the edge before I had to leave. Once I work my way up to 80 and then 120 it'll look much better but that's for another day when I'm not working.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Lately C83 Persian, 2013 Forum Native, grey Jester and my ascent Novatac120T.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Keepem.commin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

swigert wrote:
Evil D wrote:Right now, the two tools that I don't leave the house without are my S110V Manix 2, and my Victorinox Spirit multi-tool.

There aren't many EDC chores I can't accomplish with those two tools.
What made you choose the victorinox versus the other options out there?
Basically the tool layout and design of the tools. I HATE Leatherman's bit drivers. They lack reach, and all too often I find that I need a long screwdriver to reach inside something. I also prefer Victornox's scissors to just about anyone's, as well as their file and saw. I wanted a specific layout of tools (file, saw, scissors, long reach screwdrivers) and this was one of the only tools that had everything I wanted, in a package that doesn't weigh 10oz. The Supertool 300 has everything but scissors, but it also weighs a ton. The Spirit has all the tools I want, in a package that only weighs 5.75oz, and has locking tools. The only other thing I could ask for is an outboard one hand opening blade of quality steel, but I have a dedicated EDC for that so the Vic blade stays sharp as a backup. I added a ClipDraw clip to it and I've been carrying it for over a year in my right back pocket next to my wallet and I hardly notice it's there. I think too many people are drawn to the Leatherman name and should really shop around before going with the trend, because Victornox know what they're doing with multitools.
grewich

Post by grewich »

At work it's always the heavily used g10 D-fly in the back right pocket. It's either some variation of the pm2 in the front right pocket. Currently it's the elmax.

At home cruwear Millie in the back pocket and GB, pm2 204p, pm2m390, Hungarian, rock lobster, chokwe, ppt, or.....
Holland

Post by Holland »

I carry one of the knives in my signature and have had a bug on my key chain for ages. Don't know exactly how long...
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Right now it's a ZT 0560 Blackwash and an SE Manbug. I replace the 0560 with a Sage 1 if I'm going to be around NKP's.
LC Kid

Little Rascals!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

My Go-To EDC Combo right now are these Little Rascals: :D
Go-To EDC Combo.jpg
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Lately, I only carry one spydie.And I discovered with amaze that my Dragonfly Salt PE is more than enough for my mundane tasks.I love my Delica in ZDP189 and my yellow Salt in PE (which used to be my go to edc) but these days it seems that even the Delica- Salt size folder is quite big for my real cutting chores.I can't explain why.I never thought that the Dragonfly could be so capable.When I heard that Sal allways carry a ZDP189 Ladybug or Manbug I was amazed.But now I start to understand.I just ordered a Dragonfly in ZDP189 and once it arrives I am almost sure that it will take over.Only once in a while a carry two spydies, the second one being my beloved Harpy(right back pocket).But, two Dominos are also on the way and things may change...This "go to combo" bugs me.Maybe because all my life(collector life of course) I tried to discover which spydie is the best "allarounder" for me.Most say there is no such knife.THE ONE.But I keep searching.Who knows, maybe one day I will find the "holy grail" and I will rest in peace(alive I hope).Maybe the Domino is the answer to my quest ...
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Like this topic.

Everyday EDC for me is easy.

Knife.

Flashlight.

Multi Tool.

Watch.

Phone.

M-4 Rifle.

Grenade.

Simple and effective.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Evil D wrote: Image

I added a ClipDraw clip to it and I've been carrying it for over a year in my right back pocket next to my wallet and I hardly notice it's there.
Interesting - can you show a picture of the clip side?
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I am going on almost 3 years with my SB Caly 3.5. I added a Caly 3 SE a few months ago.