Spyderco/Farid K2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
san-mai-usa

Re: Spyderco/Farid K2

Post by san-mai-usa »

Mine arrived this morning and I am very happy with it.
Very true to the hand made versions I have by Farid.
Shown next to the Slysz and the Serrata for size comparison, the K2 is a beast. :)
Great job by both Sal and Farid.

JimP

Post by JimP »

Got mine today, I had wanted to see if a Sebenza clip would fit, turns out the cutouts are near identical, it may just pull in but it will definitly fit perfectly with ~ half mm taken off the side. The Seb clip is more comfortable with it's lower profile (it will be even lower than the pic below when sunk in properly) and with a quick stonewash it will also look better imo :cool:

I think I got lucky as mine has minimal stick and is easy to open and close one handed. I did a bit of cardboard slicing and whittling in pine and it's more comfortable than I was expecting after reading some reviews. It rides very nicely in pocket but I find it perplexing that they added a lanyard hole on a knife that is tip down only... :confused: a tip up option would have been appreciated. Otherwise, sweet knife! :spyder:

VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'm thinking about making mine tip up carry. I removed the lanyard tube because it had a slight rattle. It wouldn't be a bad spot for a clip.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Got mine today. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah......... :D
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I would like one but I'm not convinced it will be available when I have cash and have purchased other priorities.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

This thread was crazy. Just read through the whole thing. So much activity, one of the most I’ve seen from Sal and a maker. And then all of a sudden 2 years of radio silence and now the knife is discontinued.

I didn’t really know about the K2 until I went to a semi-local knife shop a couple weeks ago and they had one. I passed on it despite falling in Love all of a sudden. I immediately regretted it. So I called them up a week later, they still had it, and here I am with the K2. Amazing knife. I wish folks would just relax and enjoy the blades and not make such a fuss about theory.
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder: