Spyderco's Taichung (Taiwan) Folders

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Re: Spyderco's Taichung (Taiwan) Folders

Post by Popsickle »

Joris Mo wrote:My K2 is also the only imperfection I've seen so far from Taiwan Spydies, it having a rather late lockup.)
Late lockup isn't an imperfection........
taichungman

Post by taichungman »

I live only about 30 minutes of Joti Manufacturing ( in Taichung) , the company that makes blades and other components for Spyderco. I plan on calling and hopefully going over there next week and see if I can answer some of the questions being ask on the forum. If some others have questions that have not been posted so far please let me know and I'll try to find some answers.

I own one Sage 3 made in Taichung and a C36GPBL Military - Blue CPM S90V made in Golden, Co. and they both have a nice fit and finish. But, I get from this forum that the majority think the Taichung quality is better.

You can go here to check out their websiet: http://www.jotitech.com
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

taichungman wrote:I live only about 30 minutes of Joti Manufacturing ( in Taichung) , the company that makes blades and other components for Spyderco. I plan on calling and hopefully going over there next week and see if I can answer some of the questions being ask on the forum. If some others have questions that have not been posted so far please let me know and I'll try to find some answers.
What a wonderful opportunity. I hope you enjoy a great visit to Joti Manufacturing.
As for me, I would only ask that you thank them for the good work that they do on the knives they make for Spyderco and those of us who appreciate them. I have owned several of the Taichung made Spydercos and like them all, but my favorites by far are my Chaparrals.

I wish that I could personally thank each and every Joti employee who has had a hand in creating the knives that I enjoy so much.
Looking forward to hearing about your visit. :)

Dave
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

For anyone who has never looked at a Taichung Spydie under magnification (it's a work of art):

El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Kind of a work of art in itself isn't it? And that is definitely magnification!! Wow. Pretty neat. ;)
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

That's Sal's thumbprint... ;)
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

That's Sal's thumbprint... ;)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Updated post #1 with the latest releases (Stick and Myrtle).

Hopefully, more updates next week after the Amsterdam Meet on Sunday, February 28th, 2016.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

I love my Sage 1...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mako109 wrote:That's Sal's thumbprint... ;)
You can say that again! ;)

For some reason, I was late getting any Taichung folders, but my CF Chaparral and CF Sage 3 are certainly two of my favorites, both very smooth operators. Also have 4 mules from there.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Updated post #1 with more Upcoming models.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

RamZar wrote:Updated post #1 with more Upcoming models.
Thanks for updating the list RamZar, it's very helpful for keeping up with the new releases and reminds me of a few of the disco'd pieces I still need to grab.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Updated post #1 with new releases and discontinued ones.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Updated post# 1.
cawallace99

Post by cawallace99 »

Can anyone tell me about a small 3" blue Spyderco, web on handle with Spyderco across the middle of the web. Says 154cm and Taiwan on blade....??? Not the usual web handle, more smooth...metal...??
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

I agree!! My Janisong has the most intricate details and the fit n finish is amazing.
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

cawallace99 wrote:Can anyone tell me about a small 3" blue Spyderco, web on handle with Spyderco across the middle of the web. Says 154cm and Taiwan on blade....??? Not the usual web handle, more smooth...metal...??
Don't recall any Spyderco with those specs. Fairly certain that none of the blue Spyderco knives from Taiwan use 154CM or have a "web" on the handle.

Pictures would help, but without them I'm inclined to think it's a fake?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Post #1 has been udpated.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Updated post #1 with the 2017 Discontinued ones.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Updated post #1.