National Knife Day 2014

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

National Knife Day 2014

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi Folks,

Happy National Knife Day 2014!!! It's also National Peach Pie Day and National Waffle Day too, so go live it up! May no peach pies or waffles escape their fate today with our trusty Spydercos.

A good day to reflect on why we love this company so much - not just for the top-notch products they produce but also the top-notch people who make it all happen. Enjoy your holiday Spydercrew! Many cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

I'm going to open/close and oil/clean every knife I own by the end of the day. Happy National Knife Day!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

See my sig for my carry today. It's always national knife day for me ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

Mmm waffles and peaches too! I have attacked many of peaches with my spydercodelica this week
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Is there any activity at Spyderco today for National Knife Day? The link from the calendar doesn't seem to work, and I don't see any Facebook updates.
Have a good knife day everyone!
:bug-red-white
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Happy National Knife Day, and Happy National Waffle Day! There are even some peaches in there. :D

B#GuitarMan

Post by B#GuitarMan »

I also tried to access the contest page but was told to come back on Aug. 24 2013.
Spyderco: Persistence, Tenacious, Manix2 Blue Lightweight, Dragonfly, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Endura Orange FRN. Hopefully many more Spydercos to come.

Byrd: Cara Cara Rescue2, Meadowlark2 Stainless Black, Wings.

Other: Leatherman Micra, Bucktool 360, Assorted SAK's, My dad's old fixed blade!

[CENTER]Don't forget to always be sharp (B#)[/CENTER]
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, but my flux capacitor is out of plutonium right now. :(
timlara

Post by timlara »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Happy National Knife Day, and Happy National Waffle Day! There are even some peaches in there. :D

GoldenSpydie, this should go in the calendar contest!
Tim
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Happy NKD! I got up this morning to look at my collection to help decide on what I would carry. I can't seem to leave the house these days without a PM2, and the Domino hasn't left my pocket since I got it. So that's what I went with! Oh and my new Lava for good measure.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

gbelleh wrote:Yeah, but my flux capacitor is out of plutonium right now. :(
Hee hee! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

timlara wrote:GoldenSpydie, this should go in the calendar contest!
Thanks! Too bad the "CPM S110V" is in the shadow. :(
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

gbelleh wrote:Yeah, but my flux capacitor is out of plutonium right now. :(
Yeah, but you can jumpstart it with lightning... ;) Ok, well, I guess you need to know exactly when the lightning is going to hit...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Happy National Knife Day, guys!

Anybody carrying anything special today in honor of the occasion?

P.S. The link still doesn't work for the contest. :( Anybody else have any success?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

There's no contest AFAIK this year, whatever link you're trying is for last year or previous.

In keeping with Evil D's motto of "using it like you hate it," here's mine after the last four hours of hacking small trees and pampas grass (hate that stuff) today. I have not experienced a more impressive steel!

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

Just finished up tearing down an old trampoline. Used my PM2 in S30V to cut up the mat. Made VERY short work of it too, I might add.
DLC Paramilitary 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V hollow ground, Delica 4 stainless with custom engraving, green frn delica 4 ffg, blue frn delica 4 ffg, orange frn endura 4 ffg, Gayle Bradley
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I am using my Para2 S35VN brown and my Manix2 Cru wear in celebration of this day.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I went with my Navaja today...great knife and a real looker! I am glad my caraca hasn't had any issues because that would be devastating.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

So far, I've been carrying my Southard today. But, I'll probably switch it out for the CF Native 5 this evening.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I've been totin around the trusty Vallotton :)