Finally got an Atlantic salt...made some changes.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

dgebler wrote:Nice work Gringo. I did something similar to my atlantic a while ago, but I went with more of a straight wharncliffe on the spine rather than a blended profile like you did (I think I like yours better) I also struggled with the full serrations at the tip when modding, but I did not flatten out an area of plain edge. I was afraid it would rise up too high, but yours looks great. Nice job all around.

I do agree with you if they would give us a 1/2" or 3/4" of PE at the tip this would be great and make the tip mod much easier. Make sure you post how you like it after some use.
Yes, I had the same concern looking at it. I just went really slow so that as soon as the serrations "disappeared" I could stop before the edge creeped up any higher than necessary. The pe portion is still higher than the points of the serrations but not as much as I feared and I reckon it's still perfectly functional. But yes, in a perfect world I would rather have it come with a bit of pe at the end that was even with the teeth like on the pacific salt.