Spyderco Dogtag Folder C188ALTI dropping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

I remember missing out on the Spydercard (I think that's what it was called) which was kindof unique. This time I didn't hold back and got one of these neat little folders. CS has them in stock about $67. Thanks to Jeff cause I had some problem ordering it thru the web. Took order over the phone and it's already shipped!!
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Mallus wrote:I'm not too keen on the light blues and greens.
You would need to beadblast it first to get the old anodizing off. I can't wait to see what you are going for in finish :)
Last edited by IG-88 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
remnar

Post by remnar »

Mallus wrote:What happens if one tries to flame color Titanium parts that are already anodized? It would be interesting to try if it's not doomed to catastrophy from the start as I'm not too keen on the light blues and greens.
Be careful. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe that all of the parts are titanium.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I like the design, but I can definitely wait for a more subtle color combination.
Like this...
:bug-red-white
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

gbelleh wrote:I like the design, but I can definitely wait for a more subtle color combination.
Like this...
Me too.
DLC Paramilitary 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V hollow ground, Delica 4 stainless with custom engraving, green frn delica 4 ffg, blue frn delica 4 ffg, orange frn endura 4 ffg, Gayle Bradley
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Anyone use their Dog Tag on their keychain? Any issues with the blade opening accidentally?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

RamZar wrote:Anyone user their Dog Tag on their keychain? Any issues with the blade opening accidentally?
Havent used mine or plan on using on my keychain, mine locks up real tight both closed and opened, I would be surprised if it opened up on its own.