New 2 me Para 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

New 2 me Para 2

Post by MacLaren »

Snagged this one from BF. She's used but not abused. :) And that's just fine with me. I like the knife, the compression lock it has, but it doesn't act the same as the compression lock that I have on my yo2 does. With the Yo2 I can just depress the lock and the blade will fall into the handle ( I really like that btw) but, with the PMII it will not do that. Which is cool. It sure fires out when opening though. But as with the Yo2, Ive only owned since the mail ran this a.m. at 8:40 a.m. so, im still getting used to her. And as always, on to the pics! Hope yall enjoy :)
ImageImage
Holland

Post by Holland »

Very nice pickup! User well :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Ray Allen

Post by Ray Allen »

Mac,
Very nice!
My first two PM2's were Digicam/satin. I had to tune both of those compression locks as well as my Superleaf to my liking when I first got them. Only my CTS-204p came flawless out of the box. This is VERY easy to do taking less than 5 minutes including tweaking the stop pin if needed. Some say just use them to break them in, but you will never know if that will happen or not, and it is way to easy to do to sit around waiting and waiting. That's my take on it anyway.
Congrats again, those comp locks really do grow on most folks.
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

Very nice, I'll pick up a regular production model one day.
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Nice pickup...looks brand new.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice looking PM2, I really need to pick up an EDC PM2 this looks like a good choice.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

The Yo2 has more heft to the blade so it falls a bit more easily for that reason. I find that PM2s, when properly lubricated, are as smooth as you could ever want. The extra weight helps it drop on the Yo2 is all.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Its a nice blade I really like mine, congrats on your new purchase
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

opusxpn wrote:Its a nice blade I really like mine, congrats on your new purchase
Thank you sir.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cujobob wrote:The Yo2 has more heft to the blade so it falls a bit more easily for that reason. I find that PM2s, when properly lubricated, are as smooth as you could ever want. The extra weight helps it drop on the Yo2 is all.
Actually, I fixed it. I can disengage it just like the Yo2. I watched a video about the very problem mine was having- a sticky lock bar. So, I loosened both screws of the lock bar then turned the lock bar about a 1/4 of a turn then re-tightened said screws and wa-la! Its amamzing the difference!
I'll prolly go back and add some blue locktite.
Ray Allen

Post by Ray Allen »

Mac,
Nice job getting it dialed in to your liking. Makes it that much more "yours".
BTW, I believe what you rotated was the stop pin. :)
Got a "new" Manix2 S110V in today from a guy that I had to fix the tip and some of the edge. Mine now for sure.
Later...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ray Allen wrote:Mac,
Nice job getting it dialed in to your liking. Makes it that much more "yours".
BTW, I believe what you rotated was the stop pin. :)
Got a "new" Manix2 S110V in today from a guy that I had to fix the tip and some of the edge. Mine now for sure.
Later...
Lol, I'm still learning, thanx Ray.
Oh man, your gonna love that Manix. That S110V is amazing. Congrats!