Dragonfly Salt serrated or plain ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

The plastic sole plate was the hardest part for sure (I did the other with my CruWear Millie and the SE was definitely better for sawing through it).

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
elrond18

Post by elrond18 »

I got a PE but I want an SE too. I chose the PE because my Ladybug is serrated and I don't have a Salt 1 yet!
RafaelT

I know this is an old thread, but

Post by RafaelT »

I am in the same boat. I Mountain Bike often, and want to buy an H-1 Ladybug, can't make up my mind. I'm thinking cutting through roots and branches, and maybe using it for First Aid, cutting skin, for example.

I wish the LB H-1 came in combo...

thanks.
akaAK

Re: Dragonfly Salt serrated or plain ?

Post by akaAK »

Welcome to the forum RafaelT.

I am a huge fan of CE's but even I think the LB may be too small for that type of edge configuration. The DFly has a small plain edge portion on the SE which works well for detail work.

I have LB's but for me personally I find the DFly to be about the perfect size for that type of carry. About the same blade size but a much better handle.
On Edge

Re: Dragonfly Salt serrated or plain ?

Post by On Edge »

I know that SE will be the vote here by a landslide ... but I have a PE D-Fly Salt that I picked up to have in pocket when kayaking / canoeing with the Scouts, and it has served me well ... that being said, it has not seen what you would call heavy use, but I have used it moderately, and while edge holding may not be the best, it takes a very nice edge and is not hard to get back ...
I just feel that as it is my "everything" small folder when we are on the water doing river trek / camping trips, I needed the versatility of PE.
(Of course there is a PM2 and a Fixed blade back at camp for when we "land") ...