Domino CTS-204P with Blue G-10 BBS exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Okay that second one is awesome. Where can I get one of those?
I've gotten a bunch of really cool Ti clips, including this one, from blade4sell on eBay. As usual, I've seen this one only once and grabbed it.

I have 4 Featherlite clips coming from Casey Lynch (originalspaceman on BF), like the one above in senorsquare's post, and am excited to see those in action too. Probably won't replace this Domino one ever again though, it's a keeper!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

JNewell wrote:No, LC's got it right. Look what this thread is full of: insulting and making personal attacks on forum members under the guise of BBS hatred. It's BS. This thread is just an excuse to act like a three year old.
Hello JNewell,

You've said that LC has it right but you've quoted my opinion that things have degenerated to that of a two year old. Ooops, I gave it 2 years old, you've promoted that level of behaviour to 3 yrs old. Close enough I guess......

In any case, I haven't insulted anyone on this forum. I've even tried to be light-hearted about things. But what really was unacceptable was when I read an email that incited others to ignore my posting. Those are about the muddiest footprints that I can think of. Think about it. :(

That poor horse is just not going to come back to us I think. Beep, beep, beep...........flatline.....Poor Mr. Ed.,......R.I.P.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Thank you TazKristi for making the forum such a great and civil place to discuss your great knives!!

As for me, I think that this beauty needs more posts related to it. Here's a starting point--who likes the new, shiny clip, and who likes the original Domino clip?
Honestly, I prefer the original clip more but the nicest clip that I've seen on the Domino would be the deep carry clip that senorsquare has posted.

Oh, wait a minute, I forgot ...... you can't read this :eek:

Well to anyone else who might be interested in my opinion.......that deep carry clip is absolutely awesome. IMHO :rolleyes:

BTW...... I won't be ignoring you.......you do post some very nice pictures; why would I want to miss out on them? :cool:
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

ManixFan wrote: Oh, wait a minute, I forgot ...... you can't read this :eek:
You win. Please stop.

Let's see More of this. Also looking forward to seeing the 204p model in use.

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

ManixFan wrote:Honestly, I prefer the original clip more but the nicest clip that I've seen on the Domino would be the deep carry clip that senorsquare has posted.

Oh, wait a minute, I forgot ...... you can't read this :eek:

Well to anyone else who might be interested in my opinion.......that deep carry clip is absolutely awesome. IMHO :rolleyes:

BTW...... I won't be ignoring you.......you do post some very nice pictures; why would I want to miss out on them? :cool:
I was going to reply and prove that you did insult people many times, but really, I'd rather talk about knives.

So Radioactive, it's Knives4Sell? I'll have to look them up on Ebay. Also, thanks for the PM with the info about a sheath for the Mule Team. I'll have to check into it.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Thank you, Jay. Nicely said. Back to the :spyder:
Jay_Ev wrote:You raise a very valid point. In fact, no forum member should be put into a position where they feel like they have to defend themselves and/or their purchase decision. This is against the spirit of the forum. Continuously bad mouthing a dealer isn't exactly leaving shiny footprints, either.

FCM415 - I enjoy reading the majority of your posts but for whatever reason, when the topic changes to BentoBox Shop, you latch on like a pitbull that will not let go. Your crusade / vendetta against BBS has stained several threads here and I'm sure many forum members were made to feel uncomfortable. Even if it was just one forum member, that's one too many. I hope you can understand that my words are not meant to be an attack, just merely observation and constructive criticism.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

WireEdge Roger wrote:I think I prefer the black clip. If I get one, I'll probably switch the shiny one out for a black one.
Agree...if I were going to carry one of these I think I'd got with the black clip.
RadioactiveSpyder

GoldenSpydie wrote:So Radioactive, it's Knives4Sell? I'll have to look them up on Ebay. Also, thanks for the PM with the info about a sheath for the Mule Team. I'll have to check into it.
Hi GS, it was blade4sell on eBay not knives4sell...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

GoldenSpydie wrote:I was going to reply and prove that you did insult people many times, but really, I'd rather talk about knives.

So Radioactive, it's Knives4Sell? I'll have to look them up on Ebay. Also, thanks for the PM with the info about a sheath for the Mule Team. I'll have to check into it.
Look, either say something or don't. If you were honest in your intentions you would have said squat. I could easily say that you did insult people yourself.......and prove it. The only reasonable response to my last post would have been a discussion about the clips that would work best with the Domino or your knife photography...........there was absolutely no personal attack from me being sent your way. I only made the observation that you might not even see my post if you truly were "ignoring me".

But when you tell others to ignore another Forumite (when they might just as well want to ignore you) and then jump up on a soapbox yelling "Shiny Footprints" .......well that is the greatest hypocrisy.

Now if you have any further issues with me then PM me and stop making claims that are untrue in a public forum and then say that you would rather not justify those claims and rather talk about knives. So would everybody else - including me. If you don't want me to respond.......don't cast any unsupported accusations my way.

I have had no issues with any other forumite and have made no comments where anyone would have to defend their purchase of a very nice new Domino that regardless of its origins is just not the knife for me..........for other reasons than the distributor. Namely the pure G10 in smurf blue and the cost for which it is being sold.

The only issue that I have is with BBS business model which has put out this overly high priced knife and I have also stated that FCM415 had quite a lot of good points to make. If BBS has the money to set up Sprint runs then they are big boys and can look after themselves. If you don't agree with me then fine, I don't care.......and neither should you. But don't tell me that I am personally attacking anyone when it is you that have tried to incite others against me by telling other people to "ignore" me. That would be a definite Pot-Kettle situation.......and most definitely not a "shiny footprint" situation.

Please PM me if you want to say anything more to me on this issue. Or, just "ignore" me as you've already broadcasted as what you intend to do......but follow through on your stated intentions this time.

Now back to the knife:

I do have a Domino already, the blue lightening strike CF version which I think is by far the nicest of the bunch in looks. Yes, the CTS204p is a very nice steel that I have in other knives (as M390) but I also don't really like the smurf blue scales......a little too cartoonish for my taste as well as a reduction in the premium standards from a more expensive and premium CF scale. Those are my opinions of the knife. If I at sometime in the future picked one up in the secondary market just for the steel then I would have to switch out the scales and the clip just in order to "fix it" and then either sell or give away the resulting FrankenSPydie to a relative as a gift.

If you like the Domino, like Smurf Blue and want to pay a VERY premium price for the CTS204p premium steel then this Domino has your name on it and I'm sure that you will love it and I'm sure that it will be just as high quality a knife as any other Domino that Spyderco produces. The Domino is an awesome knife and I hope that other Distributors put out orders for more Sprints of the Domino (hopefully KW, CS & Blue Ridge Knives are listening) in other steels (M390, S90V or S110V) with some sort of lightening strike scale like a metallic maroon or dark forest green would be awesome.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Out and about right now so I can't make a proper post but this thing is awesome. It's so much nicer than I thought it would be. I'm very impressed.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Sigh.....even with the Smurf blue that I'm not partial to........ it probably is the only knife the Spyderco makes that would tempt me in that colour.
At one time I thought that I might even like that colour but then when I saw one in person decided that it was just a touch too bright for my tastes.
But it still is a very beautiful knife Liquid Cobra and I truly wish you all the happiness and pride of carrying such a nice knife. :)
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hi GS, it was blade4sell on eBay not knives4sell...
I'll have to check out blade4sell as well - I REALLY like that second Ti deep carry clip that you have. The original one was still nice too.
Did the original clip break? Or, did you just see another that you would prefer more?
I was also wondering if you also got the first clip at the same place or from another vendor?

I think Senorsquare had indicated in another thread where he got his clip but I would have to dig for that info. If you don't mind mentioning again where you got it - it would also be much appreciated. I would very much like to upgrade my Domino with the right Ti deep carry clip.
RadioactiveSpyder

No, original clip is intact in the drawer. The first one was from USAknifemaker, but the holes had to be modified a bit with a small diamond file to match the Spyderco hole pattern. The second one I originally had on the Dice, but I soon realized it matched the size of the Domino better. I'll take a pic of the current Dice clip and post it soon, it's also from blade4sell and matches quite well too. Cheers, Radioactive :)

P.S. Senorsquare's clip is a Featherlite Ti clip from Casey Lynch, the Originalspaceman on BF.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:No, original clip is intact in the drawer. The first one was from USAknifemaker, but the holes had to be modified a bit with a small diamond file to match the Spyderco hole pattern. The second one I originally had on the Dice, but I soon realized it matched the size of the Domino better. I'll take a pic of the current Dice clip and post it soon, it's also from blade4sell and matches quite well too. Cheers, Radioactive :)

P.S. Senorsquare's clip is a Featherlite Ti clip from Casey Lynch, the Originalspaceman on BF.
Thanks for the info!

I actually purchased about 5 Ti clips from UsaKnifemakers (Model 9010) which is very similar to your first clip but a lot narrower at the tip and perhaps a touch shorter in length. I thought that it was a little too short for the Domino and if I get the Dice then perhaps it might be ideal for that knife. The other Ti clips will also be destined for shorter knives as well. But I think that I will hold off on getting the Dice in the hopes that KW or Blueridge Knives puts out a Dice sprint with lightening strike CF laminate scales. I will definitely be on the lookout for the other Ti clip though that you show on your Domino.
M80

Post by M80 »

Wish they would do a version in grey G10 not feeling the faux carbon fiber or blue g10
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

M80 wrote:Wish they would do a version in grey G10 not feeling the faux carbon fiber or blue g10
Hmmm, that might be a great idea for a CruWear version? But perhaps too close to the release of the new Manix Cruwear though.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

M80 wrote:Wish they would do a version in grey G10 not feeling the faux carbon fiber or blue g10
Faux CF? Wow, reckon Eric knew it was faux cf?
At any rate its very nice faux cf :)
M80

Post by M80 »

Meant to say carbon fiber sticker ;P CruWear Domino would be pretty awesome :o
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

M80 wrote:Meant to say carbon fiber sticker ;P CruWear Domino would be pretty awesome :o
Lol, its cool man
Its just I've got 2 of em.....gotta say somethin ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ok managed to take some higher quality photos. It was tricky to get the blue to show up the same as it looks in real life. I think I got pretty close using the manual white balance on my DSLR. On to the pics!

If you are on the fence I would obviously say take the plunge. The price is quite high (which has been discussed) but if you are like me and don't own a Domino yet this is a good place to start. There have been so many great knives released this summer (still waiting on the Yo2) that I had to liquidate 3 knives from my collection to afford this blade.

A moment of silence for sold spydies: Tan Kahr Delica, FlatByrd and my drop point G10 UKPK.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra