Domino CTS-204P with Blue G-10 BBS exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

ManixFan wrote:It is just as easy and deserved to say "Put GoldenSpydie and Liquid Cobra" on the ignore list and it would make the forum a better place. :rolleyes:
Which is NOT what I am saying before either of you get ruffled feathers.

But Holy Crap! That comment reminds me of a two year old sticking their fingers in their ears yelling, "La la la la la .........I'm not listening" :D

If you're not interested in valid and honest opinions that may differ from your own then posting on a forum is really a bad place to be spending your time. :confused:

I have nothing against any other forumites and if their opinions differ from mine then so what......they are welcome to voice them as well as have their opinions responded to.

"Ignoring" what you disagree with doesn't make you correct in your opinions........it may actually indicate that the grounds for your opinions are shaky and can't stand critical scrutiny. If you love BBS and their overpricing fee structure then that is fine..........I would prefer to deal with other companies that are consistently honourable in their dealing with their customers and aren't ALWAYS the highest priced online retailer on the net.

If you want to pay more to BBS .........be my guest. Just don't try to shut down the valid commentary that may disagree with your opinions solely because the commentary is in disagreement with you. People are free to ignore who they want to privately and on their own initiative and also without your advice on the matter. Who knows, perhaps some people may not have even got your suggestion since you might already be on someone else's "ignore" list. Oh wouldn't that be ironic? :)
No, LC's got it right. Look what this thread is full of: insulting and making personal attacks on forum members under the guise of BBS hatred. It's BS. This thread is just an excuse to act like a three year old.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

There are over 12,000 members on the Spyderco Forum. Just because I put two on the ignore list doesn't mean that I don't want to discuss with the others.

If everybody want's to get all mad about it, that's fine. If you can't stand to be on someone's ignore list, you might question what rude remarks and unneccesarry comments you might have made to warrant such a decision.

I merely made the suggestion of ignoring people that you can't get along with in hope that it could cause fewer arguments, since people would no longer respond to inflamatory posts, thus keeping the topic to knives, not calling names and getting all worked up.

I apologize for any of my own remarks that made people angry. I belive that a valid discussion is a valid discussion, but throwing insults and getting mad about unrelated issues is not beneficial to the thread or the forum.

:)

If it continues to go downhill, it seems like it would be a good idea to close the thread.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

JNewell wrote:No, LC's got it right. Look what this thread is full of: insulting and making personal attacks on forum members under the guise of BBS hatred. It's BS. This thread is just an excuse to act like a three year old.
Both parties are guilty of that. It takes two to tango. Any BBS hatred is just that, it is directed at them and not fellow members. The posts are all there for everyone to see. Anytime it went personal it was started in response to an anti BBS opinion/shared fact... You're really gonna sit there and tell me, that people against BBS started unprovoked attacking? THAT IS BS.

You're over here posting picture memes with them. That's mature.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

FCM415 wrote:Both parties are guilty of that. It takes two to tango. Any BBS hatred is just that, it is directed at them and not fellow members. The posts are all there for everyone to see. Anytime it went personal it was started in response to an anti BBS opinion/shared fact... You're really gonna sit there and tell me, that people against BBS started unprovoked attacking? THAT IS BS.

You're over here posting picture memes with them. That's mature.
Who started the attacks? You, IIRC.

Let's take a look:

Your first two posts, both of which took place before my first post:
FCM415 wrote:Pass.
FCM415 wrote:Wish enough of us could stick together and send a clear message to BBS once again.

It's closer to $290 after taxes and shipping. Lets see how long this stays in their inventory. S90v Millie and Elmax PM2 and Matriarch still sitting in their closet.

Except for the biggest Domino fans who has to have it, I expect that this wont move, esp for that price. Regardless how you feel about BBS.
My first post:
GoldenSpydie wrote:I'm going to have to get this one. It is above the N5 S110V in priority for me. Can't wait!
Then you posted:
FCM415 wrote:It's not $250.

$274 with shipping except in CA. It's $290+ here with CA tax.
And my reply, which is also my second post in this thread:
GoldenSpydie wrote:So? If it's not worth it to you, that's fine with me. If BBS can get Spyderco to make awesome exclusive runs for them, they are legally entitled to list/sell the knives for whatever they want to. As buyers, we can chose to fork out and get it, or not, simple as that.

Please don't try to ruin the spirit of a thread just because you think it costs too much.
It is already clear after 3 of your posts and 2 of mine who is instigating the fighting. At least IMO.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

JNewell wrote:Of course you pushed a button. :rolleyes:

I bet lots of other people ordered one; they just don't want to get spat on and insulted, so they won't "confess" before the Grand Inquisitors.
You raise a very valid point. In fact, no forum member should be put into a position where they feel like they have to defend themselves and/or their purchase decision. This is against the spirit of the forum. Continuously bad mouthing a dealer isn't exactly leaving shiny footprints, either.

FCM415 - I enjoy reading the majority of your posts but for whatever reason, when the topic changes to BentoBox Shop, you latch on like a pitbull that will not let go. Your crusade / vendetta against BBS has stained several threads here and I'm sure many forum members were made to feel uncomfortable. Even if it was just one forum member, that's one too many. I hope you can understand that my words are not meant to be an attack, just merely observation and constructive criticism.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:((((Unnecessary quotes))))
Sooo... Where is my attack exactly? LMAO, you proved my point thanks. The key here is YOU started responding to me.

No quotes needed, it's all there GoldenSpydie. BTW, I thought I was put on ignore?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Thanks JayEv, if I continue it will be laser guided directed to the topic only.
-Leonard Nimoy
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Jay_Ev wrote:You raise a very valid point. In fact, no forum member should be put into a position where they feel like they have to defend themselves and/or their purchase decision. This is against the spirit of the forum. Continuously bad mouthing a dealer isn't exactly leaving shiny footprints, either.

FCM415 - I enjoy reading the majority of your posts but for whatever reason, when the topic changes to BentoBox Shop, you latch on like a pitbull that will not let go. Your crusade / vendetta against BBS has stained several threads here and I'm sure many forum members were made to feel uncomfortable. Even if it was just one forum member, that's one too many. I hope you can understand that my words are not meant to be an attack, just merely observation and constructive criticism.
Well said and well written.

No one else thinks it's a little ironic that the knife is named Domino and people on this thread keep knocking into each other?

The knife the Domino remains one of my favorite new models this year. This exclusive isn't enough to make me replace my blue weave CF beauty, but anyone who snags one won't/shouldn't be disappointed.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Guys Im getting points across. If you cant seethat people are taking issue with me and not the topic Im talking about then I dont k ow what to tell you.
-Leonard Nimoy
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

FCM415 wrote:Guys Im getting points across. If you cant seethat people are taking issue with me and not the topic Im talking about then I dont k ow what to tell you.
FCM415 Please read your private messages. Perhaps you missed the one I sent this morning.

This thread needs to return to the topic of the KNIFE. I think the "Dead Horse" is now a 30' crater. Let it be.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

This will be my last post on this forum.

I'd like to thank everyone I've talked to and learned from over my stay here.

BBS' moves do concern me and this is why I get so worked up about it and get carried away, going as far as responding back when people took it to a personal level. It is best to move on. Enjoy your forums fellas.
-Leonard Nimoy
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

TazKristi wrote:This thread needs to return to the topic of the KNIFE.
Thank you TazKristi for making the forum such a great and civil place to discuss your great knives!!

As for me, I think that this beauty needs more posts related to it. Here's a starting point--who likes the new, shiny clip, and who likes the original Domino clip?

senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Thank you TazKristi for making the forum such a great and civil place to discuss your great knives!!

As for me, I think that this beauty needs more posts related to it. Here's a starting point--who likes the new, shiny clip, and who likes the original Domino clip?

Neither. I prefer deep carry ti.

WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I think I prefer the black clip. If I get one, I'll probably switch the shiny one out for a black one.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

senorsquare wrote:Neither. I prefer deep carry ti.

Thats a very nice deep carry pocket clip, I typically don't like the look of them but that one pulls it off by looking like something Spyderco might of made themselves. Is this photo of the Dice? That blade sure looks stubby.

As I've said before, I prefer the new silver clip they threw on this exclusive :) It works with the blue, lightens up the overall look of the knife. Nice attention to detail! Now if only the polymer cage on the Cruwear Manix 2 was clear ;)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

senorsquare wrote:Neither. I prefer deep carry ti.
As do I... Here's my original replacement, carried for nearly a year.

It was replaced a month or two ago with this one. Love how the stonewashed pattern matches so closely.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

It really does match well
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Okay that second one is awesome. Where can I get one of those?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Out of curiosity, I checked when I bought my first Domino... It was exactly one year ago today! 8/8/13. Happy birthday to my favorite EDC (well, maybe a tie with the Caly 3.5)! It's a little weird that I bought the blue one today. Spooky even, guess I'm under Eric's mind control ;) !
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Wow--those are some awesome clips, guys! Who made that second one, Radioactive? And that is pretty spooky about your Domino buying date. I wonder what Domino you will buy next year on 8/8? Wait...8/8?! The day the same number as the month? That makes it even freakier.

And Liquid Cobra, we seem to have so much in common. I, too, like the silver clip better than the black one. But I would take any of those Ti ones over a stock one! And I also would have prefered the Cruwear Manix with a clear CBBL, but any Cruwear Manix is better than none...except for my wallet, of course.