Domino CTS-204P with Blue G-10 BBS exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

$250 makes it approximately what a Southard costs. I doubt I need any more flippers - I'm too uncoordinated and I'm not the biggest fan of leaf blades, but it's not outrageous.

9% tax, man, you could pay the costs of relocation with a year or so of sales tax payments. :(
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:I'm going to have to get this one. It is above the N5 S110V in priority for me.

Can't wait!
But. But. I thought you were a Golden Spydie guy :(
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:So? If it's not worth it to you, that's fine with me. If BBS can get Spyderco to make awesome exclusive runs for them, they are legally entitled to list/sell the knives for whatever they want to. As buyers, we can chose to fork out and get it, or not, simple as that.

Please don't try to ruin the spirit of a thread just because you think it costs too much.
Sorry for raining on the love fest but I have opinions too. Actualy, Im not sorry.

Im legally entitled to not buy it. Free market.

Im legally entitled to protest, say what I want. Free speech.

So? Stop me. Ignore function.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The Original Domino goes for about $220 here in Canada. So the price bump doesn't seem that bad considering what you get. I don't own a Domino yet so this might be in my future. But I think they will be available for a long time so I don't have to rush.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I don't like blue G-10. I've kept my Mili because it's one of the few models I actually collect. I like the Domino a lot, but not enough to buy it with blue. Maybe down the road I'll get one used at a cheaper price.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

How much shipping do they charge to Canada though? $40 if Im not mistaken?

So $294 US dollars to Canada?
-Leonard Nimoy
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Anyone know what peel ply G-10 is? I assume it's different than standard G10?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Isnt standard G10 peel ply?
-Leonard Nimoy
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

FCM415 wrote:Isnt standard G10 peel ply?
That's what I wondered. The listing says peel ply G10. It's the only time I have noticed it named like that rather than simply G10. So I wonder if it's different?
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

FCM415 wrote:How much shipping do they charge to Canada though? $40 if Im not mistaken?

I didn't think they did sell or ship to international clients. I wanted to buy a brown Calypso from them but was thwarted. It was a year or so ago though, and they may have changed their policies since then.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

They do ship Intl. on their exclusives for a limited time (US gets first crack and if it doesnt sell out, they offer it). $40 if I recall.

Jtoler, I noticed the extra wording when I first saw it too. My guess is that its standard.
-Leonard Nimoy
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

jtoler_9 wrote:That's what I wondered. The listing says peel ply G10. It's the only time I have noticed it named like that rather than simply G10. So I wonder if it's different?
It's the standard G10 we know and love... Comes in fine, medium and coarse grained textures. There's some pics of the three types here:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post894079

Hope that helps, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Blue Para2, Blue Millie, Blue Matriarch, now a Blue Domino..seems like BBS has a thing for Blue..
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Kind of like Jeff at CS and his orange exclusives...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

FCM415 wrote:How much shipping do they charge to Canada though? $40 if Im not mistaken?

I get them shipped to Washington state just before the Canadian border. It arrives in a couple days instead of a week or more plus I pay the same shipping as you lucky US residents. Works for me!

Now, if I didn't live so close to the border I would probably feel differently...
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Invective

Post by Invective »

I'm going to be passing on this one. For one, I don't like flippers on framelocks.

Second, I don't like BBS's selling practices :/

Third, I'm in CA and don't think it's worth $290. Heck, I probably wouldn't buy it at $200.

And lastly, I'm broke :p This is probably the biggest factor for me.

Everyone else buying one though, have fun with it and be safe!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Meh. Time for me to buy another ZT flipper instead of giving BBS my business.

I'm thinking that Knifeworks (who I appreciate and would like to patronize) has the ZT 0350 in M390, which ought to scratch this itch pretty well for me.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FCM415 wrote:Isnt standard G10 peel ply?
jtoler_9 wrote:That's what I wondered. The listing says peel ply G10. It's the only time I have noticed it named like that rather than simply G10. So I wonder if it's different?
Yes and no, I think.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

If I really like the color, I'll get one.
I absolutely love the Domino I have now. It'll be really nice w/204p
Its basically $75 more for the 204p & fancy G10.