Domino CTS-204P with Blue G-10 BBS exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZL1

Re: Domino CTS-204P with Blue G-10 BBS exclusive

Post by ZL1 »

I'm a big fan of Spydie's blue g10. I hope to get more knives in this color!
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Hoping to get this package next month..
More M4 knives would be good for me as well, Para2 in tan G10-like the Manix2 they had and a Manix2 lightweight in tan FRN?! :D
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Bumping an older thread...

I received one of these blue Dominos in the mail this weekend. I've been doing some reorganizing of my small collection recently, mostly selling up to this point. So I finally ordered one of these, as well as a flipper from another company.

I have to say, everything about the one I got is perfect. I like the design a lot; the flipper works great and the handle is very comfortable. The one thing I was worrying about, the "height" (width? spine to edge distance) of the blade is so far a non-issue. Design just seems really nice overall. As usual, execution from Taichung is nearly perfect. It's not the snappiest flipper I've ever owned but it is very good - opens smoothly, quickly, and most of all reliably. No issue with it not wanting to open with fingers on the lockbar or anything silly like that.

So no real use yet, but first impressions are very good, and now that I've got one in hand, I think BBS's price (currently $210, $223 + s&h w/ no CA sales tax) is pretty fair and reasonable. Ti framelock flipper, functional design, high-end steel, great fit and finish. I'm glad to own it. :spyder:
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

This knife is really calling me but struggling between the blue one and the cf regular. There is a struggle because the price is the same but I like the cf better than the g10 but much prefer the 204p to Xhp.

If they were $50 difference in price it would be so much easier. Hate these kinds of knife dilemmas.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The BBS exclusive is totally worth it, by far my finest flipper, such a sweet piece. The F&F on the one I received is perfect, flipping is buttery smooth/fast and 204p is one of my favorite steels.

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

Thx for the input, and the close up. That grind definitely looks thinner than the regular one I have fondled. If so, it will be even a better slicer. I am about 70/30 on the Bento one because what I have gotten from them just seems, I dunno, better.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Spideyhole wrote:Thx for the input, and the close up. That grind definitely looks thinner than the regular one I have fondled. If so, it will be even a better slicer. I am about 70/30 on the Bento one because what I have gotten from them just seems, I dunno, better.
Go for the 204p, it's a great knife. You can always buy an aftermarket scale for it later on if you don't like the blue G10, I know Cuscadi make cf scales for the Domino :).
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

Think I will. I just can't get past the better steel. Thx!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

farnorthdan wrote:The BBS exclusive is totally worth it, by far my finest flipper, such a sweet piece. The F&F on the one I received is perfect, flipping is buttery smooth/fast and 204p is one of my favorite steels.

Completely agree, Dan, one of my finest edc knives. Really enjoy this one and carry it regularly.

And I do agree, seems all of the items I have gotten from BBS were top notch factory cherries! Action, grinds, f&f, were all spot on.
Going back to Caly.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I would love be to see more exclusives or sprint runs of the domino. I could see an S90v or an orange G10 version being very well received.