Help me appraise some of my "rarer" spydies?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Mentaculous

Help me appraise some of my "rarer" spydies?

Post by The Mentaculous »

*I am not soliciting offers, this is just for my personal edification*

So it's been a while since I've been very active in the knife community (though I still continue buying spydies when I can :D ), and I have a lot of models that I don't really see listed on ebay anymore. I'm just looking to get a sense of the value of some of my disco'd spydies, since I don't know if it's changed in the past few years. Anyone who has their finger on the pulse and cares to give me some feedback on any of these, it would be much appreciated.

Assume all those listed are LNIB, with some probably NIB since they've never been sharpened or carried.

List:
Red G-10 Persian sprint
Foliage green flat ground JD Smith sprint
CF ZDP Walker sprint
CF ZDP Stretch 2
Pearl and Abalone Copa
Grey G10/CTS-20CP Paramilitary 2
Brown G10/CTS-XGP Military
Foliage Green/S30V UKPK (original leaf style)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

All these come up regularly on eBay. I recommend you search that site for both active and completed listings. I'd say at least $200 for most of them with rarer ones like the 20CP PM2 going for probably close to $4-500. Good luck!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Donut

Post by Donut »

Does the 20CP Para really go for that much? hmm
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
The Mentaculous

Nice! Thanks for the info, that's good to know. Now if I could only bring myself to sell any of them :D .
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Donut wrote:Does the 20CP Para really go for that much? hmm
Just checked eBay and recent sales of the 20CP PM2 ranged from $250 to just shy of $450, generally in the $350ish range. Maybe $500 was a bit high (former S90V prices a year or so ago)...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
The Mentaculous

Donut wrote:Does the 20CP Para really go for that much? hmm
I'm seeing the PM2 20CP going for 350-450, and the XHP military for about the same.

It's crazy how wildly it varies though. I saw one that went for 250 and the highest went at 470.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Well, it really just varies depending on what a buyer's willing to pay and how quick of a sale you want.

Here are my estimates based on what I have seen on Ebay in the past few months.

Red G-10 Persian sprint $150
Foliage green flat ground JD Smith sprint $160
**CF ZDP Walker sprint $200
CF ZDP Stretch 2 $180
Pearl and Abalone Copa $180
Grey G10/CTS-20CP Paramilitary 2 $300
**Brown G10/CTS-XGP Military $250
Foliage Green/S30V UKPK (original leaf style) $60

Those are on the higher end of prices. None of the above knives are really rare, so these prices might take a few weeks to a few months to sell. Most of these models are for sale right now on Ebay from many different users, in fact.

** Not sure on these prices, but they are close to what similar pieces go for.
The Mentaculous

GoldenSpydie wrote:Well, it really just varies depending on what a buyer's willing to pay and how quick of a sale you want.

Here are my estimates based on what I have seen on Ebay in the past few months.

Red G-10 Persian sprint $150
Foliage green flat ground JD Smith sprint $160
**CF ZDP Walker sprint $200
CF ZDP Stretch 2 $180
Pearl and Abalone Copa $180
Grey G10/CTS-20CP Paramilitary 2 $300
**Brown G10/CTS-XGP Military $250
Foliage Green/S30V UKPK (original leaf style) $60

Those are on the higher end of prices. None of the above knives are really rare, so these prices might take a few weeks to a few months to sell. Most of these models are for sale right now on Ebay from many different users, in fact.

** Not sure on these prices, but they are close to what similar pieces go for.
I think you're lowballing me on some of those :D . Last 3 listings for Red Persian are north of 250.

Didn't realize that the ZDP Walker is that valuable (checks out on ebay, last one went for 275). Too bad I will never sell it.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The Mentaculous wrote:*I am not soliciting offers, this is just for my personal edification*

So it's been a while since I've been very active in the knife community (though I still continue buying spydies when I can :D ), and I have a lot of models that I don't really see listed on ebay anymore. I'm just looking to get a sense of the value of some of my disco'd spydies, since I don't know if it's changed in the past few years. Anyone who has their finger on the pulse and cares to give me some feedback on any of these, it would be much appreciated.

Assume all those listed are LNIB, with some probably NIB since they've never been sharpened or carried.

List:
Red G-10 Persian sprint
Foliage green flat ground JD Smith sprint
CF ZDP Walker sprint
CF ZDP Stretch 2
Pearl and Abalone Copa
Grey G10/CTS-20CP Paramilitary 2
Brown G10/CTS-XGP Military
Foliage Green/S30V UKPK (original leaf style)
Red G-10 Persian sprint $250-285
Foliage green flat ground JD Smith sprint $160-180
CF ZDP Walker sprint $275
CF ZDP Stretch 2 $200-290
Pearl and Abalone Copa $225-275
Grey G10/CTS-20CP Paramilitary 2 $250-375 (a pretty wide range there)
Brown G10/CTS-XGP Military $250-400 (another with a wildly varying price)
Foliage Green/S30V UKPK (original leaf style) $85

Those are the recent selling prices on ebay (or my educated guesses if none have sold recently).
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

The Mentaculous wrote:I think you're lowballing me on some of those :D . Last 3 listings for Red Persian are north of 250.

Didn't realize that the ZDP Walker is that valuable (checks out on ebay, last one went for 275). Too bad I will never sell it.
Yeah, I should have put the ** by the Persian as well, as I don't like that knife much, so I don't pay much attention to the going price.

As for the others...

Foliage green flat ground JD Smith sprint last ones sold for $169 and $158
CF ZDP Walker sprint haven't seen this one up in a while, but the Swiss-made version usually goes for $250 to $300, and my understanding is that the Swiss version is more desirable.
CF ZDP Stretch 2 and Ebay search turns up one that went for $178
Pearl and Abalone Copa there's an active BIN listing for $150
Grey G10/CTS-20CP Paramilitary 2 many have gone for $150 to $250
Brown G10/CTS-XGP Military can't find this one for sale, thus the asterix
Foliage Green/S30V UKPK (original leaf style) not for sale very often, but when found, usually $50 to $80

If you were so sure on the pricing to begin with, why did you start a thread, I wonder? :confused:
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Yeah, I should have put the ** by the Persian as well, as I don't like that knife much, so I don't pay much attention to the going price.

As for the others...

Foliage green flat ground JD Smith sprint last ones sold for $169 and $158
CF ZDP Walker sprint haven't seen this one up in a while, but the Swiss-made version usually goes for $250 to $300, and my understanding is that the Swiss version is more desirable.
CF ZDP Stretch 2 and Ebay search turns up one that went for $178
Pearl and Abalone Copa there's an active BIN listing for $150
Grey G10/CTS-20CP Paramilitary 2 many have gone for $150 to $250
Brown G10/CTS-XGP Military can't find this one for sale, thus the asterix
Foliage Green/S30V UKPK (original leaf style) not for sale very often, but when found, usually $50 to $80

If you were so sure on the pricing to begin with, why did you start a thread, I wonder? :confused:
Kopa is used (though lightly) and has no box, so not really a direct comparison to the OP's knife. As for why start the thread, he asked about pricing, someone pointed him to ebay completed listings, and only then did he see the pricing (thread mission successful at this point). His sureness of pricing only came after starting the thread.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

jabba359 wrote: As for why start the thread, he asked about pricing, someone pointed him to ebay completed listings, and only then did he see the pricing (thread mission successful at this point). His sureness of pricing only came after starting the thread.
Ok, yep, overlooked that. :o