Manix 2 Cruwear w/diamond cut gray G-10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Manix 2 Cruwear w/diamond cut gray G-10

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This is listed on BBS as a sprint. I'm not sure if it is in fact a dealer exclusive or a sprint run but WOW. I've bought way too many knives this year. I'm having trouble keeping up! Gray G-10 is my favourite so it will be hard to ignore! Now if you will excuse me I'm going to go and find a second job...
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

dont think its a dealer exclusive because national knives has it up as well. definatly one ill be picking up to go with my millie
Donut

Post by Donut »

Sweet. National Knives lists it as a sprint.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Seriously, Spyderco?!? You do realize that if you make us all spend too much money in one month, our families will kick us out onto the street, and thus you will get less business in the long run? :eek:

How am I going to justify this and the S90V Yojimbo? At least I didn't cave on the Elmax Para...yet... :rolleyes:

ETA: don't jump and buy it from BBS, as it is much cheaper from National Knives. No doubt other dealers will pick it up as well.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I'm in!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Seriously, Spyderco?!? You do realize that if you make us all spend too much money in one month, our families will kick us out onto the street, and thus you will get less business in the long run? :eek:
It will be like a roving hoard of homeless Spydiefans all making our way to Golden. I don't think I can pass on a Cruwear anything, but certainly not a Manix 2. Just when Sal has us looking at the left hand over here, he drops a bomb on us with his right. Well played and thank you Spyderco.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This really feels like it came out of nowhere. It helps that the mid year supplement had no sprints listed in it, which to be honest kind of bugged me. But the big surprise out of nowhere is pretty fun. So yeah, I'm in for this one. The wife is pretty much packing a bag at this point. I'll win her back with my sweet collection, don't worry :D
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Apparently ask and ye shall receive :D

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... nix-2-Grey
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

xceptnl wrote: Just when Sal has us looking at the left hand over here, he drops a bomb on us with his right. Well played and thank you Spyderco.
Seriously! And I'm still just getting to know my S110V Manix 2. Happy hunting to you fellas, I think I'll be able to resist this one. It would be my second Manix 2 and my second Cruwear, and I'm still trying to maintain whatever the opposite of redundancy is, but I fear that my will power is weakening. **** what a good combo!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Apparently ask and ye shall receive :D

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... nix-2-Grey
Not that it was a revolutionary idea (especially since the Cruwear Military was out), but I find it really promising that a thread with only 25 posts prompted a sprint... or maybe they didn't even notice that thread and they were just reading our minds.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

So what is the ETA on it?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

xceptnl wrote:Not that it was a revolutionary idea (especially since the Cruwear Military was out), but I find it really promising that a thread with only 25 posts prompted a sprint... or maybe they didn't even notice that thread and they were just reading our minds.
Whatever the case I'm happy! Another no-brainer would a Native 5 version as well, that would be very complementary to the 2013 forum knife in S110V. I'd love to see a grey G10 diamond textured Cruwear Native 5, as I'm sure a few others would...
xceptnl wrote:I also would like to add that we need a Navy Blue G-10 Spydie! This could also be a great platform for this terrific color.
This is a quote if yours from the other thread... I'd like to update it a bit with a request for a dark blue diamond texture G10 Manix 2 (or Native 5 ;) ) in S110V, as a nice counterpart to the wonderful LW version. It's like someone said recently, it's like they're just printing money in that Golden location! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Oh...son..of a...B....how can I afford all these knives and food? Come on now...
On the hunt for...
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

This is a surprise... I'm sure it will make an excellent user at the (National Knives price). Then again, you can get a Gayle Bradley with M4 and CF and flawless Taiwan fit and finish for about the same price...

I recently bought a M4 Manix, so I will likely miss this one.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

totally in on this! I have a love affair with the manix 2 :) I love my s110v model lightweight and wish I still had all the sprint runs that I had before!
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Brock O Lee wrote:This is a surprise... I'm sure it will make an excellent user at the (National Knives price). Then again, you can get a Gayle Bradley with M4 and CF and flawless Taiwan fit and finish for about the same price...

I recently bought a M4 Manix, so I will likely miss this one.
I love the Bradley but ill be waiting on the GB 2 :)
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

I'm getting it!
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

That is exciting news!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Anyone seen a picture yet?
Donut

Post by Donut »

Surfingringo wrote:Anyone seen a picture yet?
I've seen a picture.

But it's not of a Gray Manix. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!