Manix 2 Cruwear w/diamond cut gray G-10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

psssst... TheSpydercoStore.com...
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

DougC-3 wrote:You'll love it. It varies from gray to golden gray to olive gray, depending on the light. The G-10 Dragonfly would be the best way to sample it, then be prepared to spend some money on other examples :)
I had spoken too soon...forgot about my G10 Dragonfly which is foliage green. I do really like the colour, but I'm still toying with the idea of dying it blue (Did a SuperBlue blade swap on it) so it may not stay green.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Nate

Post by Nate »

DougC-3 wrote:psssst... TheSpydercoStore.com...
Thanks Doug!

I actually passed on this a couple of times, but finally came to my senses. Looking forward to my first Manix.
:spyder:
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

^^^ I got the notice but was too late!! DARN!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jmh58 wrote:^^^ I got the notice but was too late!! DARN!! John
Those went quick. I think the inventory said 12 or 13 when I saw it last.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

DougC-3 wrote:That sounds very promising (with reference to getting another run of Manix2 with M4 steel). I wonder if there are any examples of that happening. It might be avoided in some cases to keep from offending the dealer. Also it might be less complicated to just change the scale type to something like diamond cut foliage green G-10 or worse yet :) , carbon fiber, though there's already been a Manix2 model with peel-ply CF. That way, it could be run as either an exclusive or a sprint.
Not saying it couldn't happen but I've never heard of Spyderco remaking any Dealer Exclusive after the initial unless the dealer request another run..

Another thing is the "after contractual obligations have been fulfilled." Is it a 1, 5, 10 or 20 year contract?

I'd rather see a Manix2 done in K390/K294 or 10V/15V or Maxamet rather than M4..M4 is a good steel but my K390 Mule has been amazing..better than any M4 knife I've ever owned..
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

+1 on K390. I STILL haven't had to sharpen my K390 Mule and I've cut hard plastic, cardboard, and a number of other abrasive and tough materials and it still push cuts receipt paper.

---> Branden
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Picked up my order from GPKnives today (thanks again for the heads up Landon) and I couldn't be happier. This is one pretty looking knife, I love the diamond texture. On the way back from the U.S. I had to pull over and snap this pic since the sun was going down. I have my DSLR with me at all times these days due to the calendar contest and it payed off today lol. I won't be using this picture, but it is good practice.

ImageIMG_8184 by liquid cobra, on Flickr
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Picked up my order from GPKnives today (thanks again for the heads up Landon) and I couldn't be happier. This is one pretty looking knife, I love the diamond texture. On the way back from the U.S. I had to pull over and snap this pic since the sun was going down. I have my DSLR with me at all times these days due to the calendar contest and it payed off today lol. I won't be using this picture, but it is good practice.
Glad I could help. This sprint really is a pretty knife in my eyes as well. Excellent sunset lighting in this quick pic.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

It's made my top 3 grow to a top 4...I couldn't name my favourite of my top 4. Schempp TUff, Chokwe, PM2 (CTS 204P) and this Manix...such a classy looking, and yet formidably capable knife. Not 10 minutes ago we had a young bird fly into our garage and it was too young to know to fly out the door as an older bird will (They hatched weeks ago and have been staring down at me from their nest every time I've come home and entered our garage)...we've had a few older birds fly ihn from time to time and they almost immediately fly out. I managed to trap it under my hard hat, and cut up a cardboard box to make a bottom to slide under the hat (After I chased it around our garage for about 10 minutes until it got tired and landed somewhere where I could get a hard hat over it). Released it outside and that was that...biggest job this knife has had thus far, though I'm sure it won't be the last.

---> Branden
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Philo Beddoe wrote: I'd rather see a Manix2 done in K390/K294 or 10V/15V or Maxamet rather than M4..M4 is a good steel but my K390 Mule has been amazing..better than any M4 knife I've ever owned..
K390 sounds great to me too.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

My local dealer says he has 9 of them in stock. He is reputable and a good guy. Go to this page and scroll down about halfway.

http://soonerstateknives.com/otherspydercomodels.htm
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I put a fairly toothy edge on it for a friend's Eagle Scout Project today. It worked better for trimming tree branches than the saws that were provided, but it slices paper like butter! :D

Here are some more pictures.

With rockets:

In the yard:

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I really like that last one. Colorado sure is a beautiful place to live.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bdblue wrote:My local dealer says he has 9 of them in stock. He is reputable and a good guy. Go to this page and scroll down about halfway.

I think you're lucky to have a local dealer with that kind of stock to choose from, assuming his store prices are as good as his online prices.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

bdblue wrote:My local dealer says he has 9 of them in stock. He is reputable and a good guy. Go to this page and scroll down about halfway.

Been on the fence on this one but after all the great pictures everyone keeps posting I just can't resist any longer, Thank you for the lead bdblue, I went ahead and placed my order with your local guy.
Donut

Post by Donut »

DougC-3 wrote:I think you're lucky to have a local dealer with that kind of stock to choose from, assuming his store prices are as good as his online prices.
+1 That's a pretty amazing selection and very good pricing!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I really like that last one. Colorado sure is a beautiful place to live.
Thanks! Here are a few more. The wacky one was just taken so that I could mess with it on Photoshop. It's weird, but cool in a weird way.

bdblue

Post by bdblue »

DougC-3 wrote:I think you're lucky to have a local dealer with that kind of stock to choose from, assuming his store prices are as good as his online prices.
I guess "local" is relative. He is not really close by but in this area if you want to look at knives you have to go to a gun show so I do that sometimes and I see him set up there. So far I think I've bought 4 knives from him.

And he seems to have some of the Cruwear Manix 2 left. (I thought if I put out the word they would sell out fast.)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

bdblue wrote:I guess "local" is relative. He is not really close by but in this area if you want to look at knives you have to go to a gun show so I do that sometimes and I see him set up there. So far I think I've bought 4 knives from him.

And he seems to have some of the Cruwear Manix 2 left. (I thought if I put out the word they would sell out fast.)
I got an email from them saying my order would ship tomorrow. seems they do have some in stock,