C188 Dog Tag release date?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheArchitect

Re: C188 Dog Tag release date?

Post by TheArchitect »

Just got mine today. The literature booklet refers to the blue backstrap, green handle and blue pivot disk anodized components as all titanium.

Its size and color scheme are great for the office environment. As expected the fit and finish is outstanding coming out of Taichung. I’m liking this little guy a lot. Looking forward to the black version as well!
Dogtag 1.jpg
Dogtag 3.jpg
25 :spyder:'s and counting
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Got mine yesterday!!

Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Just got mine today too. Beautiful little knife! Love the stonewashed blade.

You know the first thing I noticed about it? The green scale shows fingerprints - not just smudges - we are talking CSI-type high-contrast fingerprints. I know they wipe off, but it still took be aback for a few minutes when I first opened it.

The second thing I noticed is that this isn't really a one-handed opener. The dog-tag scale is just too flat to get a good one-handed grip on the knife. Not a complaint - just an observation...

To be honest, I think I'm not going to be able to keep this one very long. My 13-year-old Boy Scout son is eyeballing it, and I may lose it permanently. :cool:

TedP
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

TheArchitect wrote:Just got mine today. The literature booklet refers to the blue backstrap, green handle and blue pivot disk anodized components as all titanium.

Its size and color scheme are great for the office environment. As expected the fit and finish is outstanding coming out of Taichung. I’m liking this little guy a lot. Looking forward to the black version as well!
Dogtag 1.jpg
Dogtag 3.jpg
Agreed, this is great for the office. It will come in very useful for me
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

This little knife looks like it would be even better in H1! Then there would be no damage from sweat and body oils.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Thats exacly what I thought h1 would fit this perfect since you sweat salt water.does any one have pics or eta on the black one?
jah

Post by jah »

Knifecenter came thru, so ended up with two. I took one apart, and DuracCoated the back (then, don't tell the wife, but I baked it for 3 hours in the oven :rolleyes: ). I then painted the disc and backstrap with Testors Metalizer "magnesium" (which as it turns out, has very little durability, but that's not what it's meant for :o ).

In the end, very cool little knife, hope to get another one, when the black-ti becomes available:
jah

Post by jah »

Got the black one, very cool little knive:
jah

Post by jah »