Back to Spyderco...again. Paramilitary 2, Military Ti, or Native 5?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

Still debating on a Native 5 fluted titanium or a 2013 Forum Native 5....

Also need to get a Super Blue model, thinking Stretch over Endura or Caly since I've never had one.

Thanks for everyone's input!
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

JediKnight86 wrote:Still debating on a Native 5 fluted titanium or a 2013 Forum Native 5....

Also need to get a Super Blue model, thinking Stretch over Endura or Caly since I've never had one.

Thanks for everyone's input!
The prices on the S110V Forum Native aren't bad - they will probably rise. The fluted titanium Native will be around. I'd go for the S110V version, though you should be aware that there is a carbon fiber version coming soon.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

JNewell wrote:The prices on the S110V Forum Native aren't bad - they will probably rise. The fluted titanium Native will be around. I'd go for the S110V version, though you should be aware that there is a carbon fiber version coming soon.
Good to know! Do we know what type of carbon fiber? I hope peel-ply since they've already done a smooth carbon fiber Native 4.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Don't hold your breath on the CF S110V version. It is still not decided if it will be a sprint or regular run and when in 2015 or 2016 it will be available is anyone's guess. Best to grab a forum Native while you can!

(Sigh.... :( )
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Don't hold your breath on the CF S110V version. It is still not decided if it will be a sprint or regular run and when in 2015 or 2016 it will be available is anyone's guess. Best to grab a forum Native while you can!

(Sigh.... :( )
Sal recently posted that they're getting a respectable inventory accumulated and said that these might start shipping next month, if I'm recalling correctly. It was a recent post. It will definitely not be a sprint, but I think he said they're still up in the air on limited vs. regular production.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

JediKnight86 wrote:Good to know! Do we know what type of carbon fiber? I hope peel-ply since they've already done a smooth carbon fiber Native 4.
I don't think we know, but coming from Golden I would guess that it will be peel-ply.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JediKnight86 wrote:Still debating on a Native 5 fluted titanium or a 2013 Forum Native 5....
I hate to tell you, but you need both :)
JNewell wrote:Sal recently posted that they're getting a respectable inventory accumulated and said that these might start shipping next month, if I'm recalling correctly.
John,
I believe that you are correct
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... -FRN/page5 post #96 this is respond to post#95 with question regarding CF S110V
Sal Glesser wrote:We've been building them. Should have enough to begin shipping next month.
sal
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RadioactiveSpyder

Man, you guys are killing me! The lightweight FRN Native 5 is what Sal is referring to in the BF thread (it's the title of it after all). The CF S110V is not coming out anytime soon per this post (you know, the whole discussion that transpired after I tried to buy the one and only one ever seen in the wild off eBay a few weeks ago):

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post945460

Read the whole page above that and you'll see where my eBay adventure begins. You really think I wouldn't be on top of the CF S110V release date?!? :)

On the next page, Sal alluded to maybe some by end of this year:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post945681
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

All right, clearly now I'm really confused! I guess I'll be happy whenever either version comes out. I need to take my blood pressure meds when discussing this topic, sorry! I will say they'll be in short supply for sure!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:All right, clearly now I'm really confused! I guess I'll be happy whenever either version comes out. I need to take my blood pressure meds when discussing this topic, sorry! I will say they'll be in short supply for sure!
I was with Roman, but reading that all again, maybe you're right. I think the only thing I'll state as a fact is that, personally, I feel a little confused. :) :spyder:
Holland

Post by Holland »

JediKnight86 wrote:Well I decided to splurge on the S90V/154CM Para2. One of the ebay sellers worked out a price with me that's in line with what the others have been selling for, I checked closed auctions. I'm pretty happy with that. And I can tell you I'll be keeping this one!

But I don't know if I'm gonna stop there haha!
Congrats! very nice knife to welcome you back
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Holland

Post by Holland »

JediKnight86 wrote:Good to know! Do we know what type of carbon fiber? I hope peel-ply since they've already done a smooth carbon fiber Native 4.
I recall reading somewhere that it will be peel-ply
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

This page has me drooling. http://spydercollector.wordpress.com/20 ... -overview/

I want a Tatanka so bad!!!

I'll be ordering at least one Super Blue model this week, most likely the Stretch since I've never owned one, but I also want the Delica and Endura. I have several Super Blue (and also White steel) laminated custom knives and they are the sharpest knives I own. There's something different about laminated Japanese steel.