Second poll for the FRN Jester: 3 color options

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color FRN would you like to see on a Jester Sprint Run?

Navy Blue
54%
British Racing Green
19%
Orange
27%

Total votes: 150

malice

Post by malice »

Gunslinger wrote:Navy blue again, orange and BRG frn have been done before. I wanted to see a new color.
Agreed,
navy blue for me as well.

But all three are great options.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Wow. Not as close of a race so far.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I like orange, but navy is just fine too. I'd like VG-10 to keep the cost low, didn't jump on the last Jester sprint due to the cost and I think these small designs are better in FRN. To be honest, I don't really care what color it is as long as it's FRN and in the same price neighborhood as the manbug.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Just wondering, where are all British Racing Green people from previous poll?
But anyway I will enjoy orange as well as Navy and many other colors as long as they come with decent stainless steel. Sorry guys, I really do not like patina.
remnar wrote:The only request that I have is that they don't do something special with the run that would cause a significant price jump. If that happens, then the idea of buying several for gifts may no longer be feasible.
As well as carbon steel will kill my gift idea. I highly doubt that none-knife people will appreciate tarnished or rusted blades. Or appreciate SB steel.
DougC-3 wrote:I don't want Roman to get the blues ;)
Thank you. I knew that you are my friend
xceptnl wrote:If Navy wins I am going to purchase one and send it to Roman. If it is superblue, I will owe him two.
Landon,
Thank you for your thoughts. But I will buy several Navy blue anyway as long as it come with acceptable steel and I seriously doubt that SB Jester would kick out my g10 Jester from the key chain. If I ever buy carbon steel knife, this will be full size blade, which will see some use. Jester is used may be once in a week. So as Paul said even AUS6 is good enough. But I know, most of us kind of steel snobs.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Bump for more votes and Sal's input.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Bump for more votes and Sal's input.
^ ^ ^

Come on Sal! Please don't leave us hanging like this.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

M80 wrote:White
+1

:)
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

How about a yellow one ... With H1? Talk about an impervious EDC ...
bearfacedkiller

Come on green voters. Where are you?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

w3tnz wrote:+1

Molle Ninja wrote:How about a yellow one ... With H1? Talk about an impervious EDC ...
This pole is the result of a different, older pole. Both of those options were included in the original pole, but were voted down. These 3 colors where the top 3 choices besides GITD, which doesn't seem to be possible.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Come on green voters. Where are you?
I voted green. It doesn't look like that helped much. Landon is much better at PR than I :( :o
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:I voted green. It doesn't look like that helped much. Landon is much better at PR than I :( :o
I had nothing to do with this. I am surprised that orange came from nowhere. I thought for sure this would be a neck and neck poll.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:I had nothing to do with this.
right :cool:

Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

Might dark blue FRN be less likely than British Racing Green? I'm not sure how much work goes into creating a new batch of FRN but I doubt it would be justified with one sprint run of very small knives. So, bh49, if green comes in second...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Buendia518 wrote:Might dark blue FRN be less likely than British Racing Green? I'm not sure how much work goes into creating a new batch of FRN but I doubt it would be justified with one sprint run of very small knives. So, bh49, if green comes in second...
Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I love dark green, but availability of Jesters at affordable price is more important for me than color. I would enjoy Jester in Orange or Navy Blue or Burgundy or Gray or Dark Green and few other colors as well.

klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

w3tnz wrote:+1

Plus another
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products
bearfacedkiller

I think it is fairly clear now, blue is gonna win this one.
-Darby
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Will it be the same as the dark blue FRN Lt Wt Manix s110v? If not, what are some examples of other navy blue FRN knives?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

DougC-3 wrote:Will it be the same as the dark blue FRN Lt Wt Manix s110v? If not, what are some examples of other navy blue FRN knives?
I hope so. That would be my first choice. :)
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

BUMP for Sal's input...