Kahr Delica, I don't get it

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Re: Kahr Delica, I don't get it

Post by twinboysdad »

I bet the FRN knife of your choice you would not say that to Mike Janich's face
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Spydergirl88 wrote:What's the deal with new members resurrecting old threads and posting things that violate the rules? I mean we were all new once but please wipe the mud off your shoes before you enter our house. Thanks.
Yes, completely uncalled for. This is a forum for adults, not obscene whiny children. Or trolls.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

There's a handful of Spydies i don't "get" either but i guess it's like ice cream, basically a good thing there are more flavors than vanilla :)
If pistachio/Kahr arms isn't your thing, choose another flavor ;)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Id like to try one but there not worth what there asking for them to me
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Well, that was their only post so I would say it was a hit and run. The forum equivalent of a sucker punch. Great display of character. :rolleyes:
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
awa54

Post by awa54 »

I wonder what Starik thinks of Lynn Thompson? all those poor pigs and cardboard zombies!! ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

This was obviously an Internet hit and run comment...what a beta ***** move. I get annoyed by people who do things in their car they would not do if we were in line at McDonalds. Internet tough guys are the same.
sparky2016

Post by sparky2016 »

Nevermind.
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

Have a couple Enduras that have ~35% blade loss that I think will get this mod or something similar to it (maybe a sheepfoot style rescue knife tip).
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

I guess I shouldn't expect a Christmas card this year... That's OK. I'll get over it... There. Better already...

Thanks to all for your support.

Stay safe,

Mike
shadowram

Post by shadowram »

The Khar never leaves my person. It is legal, powerful (leverage), unobtrusive and all but weightless. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Thanks to Starik,we have the prove that its posible to say in one post,using 1 neuron,all there is to know about yourself...
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I get it...and I got it..1 in each color. Love them.
bladerunner22

Post by bladerunner22 »

I was able to buy one for $60 very slightly used in kaki color. I agree that the $90 price is out there, but when I was able to get one for the same price as a delica 4 , I thought it was worth adding to my collection. I now own that one, a brg zdp-189, and regular vg-10 in brown .
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well Mike, I bought one, was a bit unsure I'd like it, but I watched your vid, see the reasoning, love the blade shape, find the blade still long enough to cut apples, LOVE the blue color with jeans (and the stonewash), love the rounded front spine, love the still long enough handle (Delica rules), and it's my new favorite knife for EDC (wharnie Delica for work ;)). Keep up the good work, bro. No card, but Merry Christmas. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
harronek

Post by harronek »

I love mine , and even moderfied a couple of FFG Delicas into Kahr's .
It's one of my favourite Standard Delicas that I own ( I usually altered or modifiy my knives ) , so for me to have not changed anything on it tells me it must be OK .

Ken
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Jazz wrote:Well Mike, I bought one, was a bit unsure I'd like it, but I watched your vid, see the reasoning, love the blade shape, find the blade still long enough to cut apples, LOVE the blue color with jeans (and the stonewash), love the rounded front spine, love the still long enough handle (Delica rules), and it's my new favorite knife for EDC (wharnie Delica for work ;)). Keep up the good work, bro. No card, but Merry Christmas. :)
Hey, Jazz:

I'm glad you're pleased with it and hope it serves you well.

Merry Christmas back at you!

Stay safe,

Mike
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

harronek wrote:I love mine , and even moderfied a couple of FFG Delicas into Kahr's .
It's one of my favourite Standard Delicas that I own ( I usually altered or modifiy my knives ) , so for me to have not changed anything on it tells me it must be OK .

Ken
... and you're the reason for me getting the knife. You and you darn nice pics. Also influenced my modding of a Delica. Of course, it's all Mike's fault for doing the Kahr model in the first place.
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Hey man, if Michael Janich, Sal Glesser, and Kahr Arms puts their expertise behind this knife, I'm all for it. Thank you and Merry Christmas Mr. Janich. The knife is well-designed, well-thought-out, and perfectly balanced between size, length, materials, price, and the rest.

I didn't see if anyone else brought it up, but, would you ever consider designing an Endura along similar lines, or would that defeat the whole purpose?

Also, do you like the Emerson Wave, Mr. Janich, as an everyday carry and emergency self defense knife?
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Wish I'd picked up one of the khaki colored ones at the outset. At secondary prices though I'll pass. Shoot I'd just be happy if that khaki FRN color was offered on standard Delicas. My Brown Delica was my work EDC today in the pocket of my khakis.