Is the Manix 2 being faked now?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
v8r

Is the Manix 2 being faked now?

Post by v8r »

I was just cruising Ebay a few minutes ago and there were two "Spyderco Manix 2 Orange sprint run knives for sale". Amazingly they both had S30V blades. Last I remember the Orange Manix 2 was a limited run production for Cutlery Shoppe and sported a CTS-XHP blade. Has there been another run with S30V with orange handles?
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I thought they were S30V myself.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Nate

Post by Nate »

Iirc it was the orange para2 that was in xhp.
:spyder:
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, the orange Manix 2 had S30V, the orange Para 2 had XHP.
:bug-red-white
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

I have an orange manix 2 in S30V
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
v8r

Post by v8r »

Ok thanks. I was about to blast those folks on E bay. Good thing I asked!
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

I think the age of counterfeit knives has come to the point if you buy from anyone except a dealer you are taking a chance. I live within a few hours drive of Los Algonadones, a Mexican Border Town West of Yuma, AZ.

There you will find counterfeits up the wazo of Italian knives, designer clothing, purses, Oakley Sunglasses, Sport team merchandise for sale.

Us Customs, and Border Protection don't care what you buy, or bring home. A recent visit to E-bay I say openly displayed, and for sale China made faux knives. Many popular names, E-bay apparently allow now the seizing of counterfeit merchandise, it just has to be marked as such.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Words of Wisdom Albert Einstein-American Scientist 1879-1955
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I would agree, I have never seen a reason to buy knives on Ebay (except for imports from China). There are plenty of reputable dealers with good pricing plus the prices in forums' classified areas generally have better pricing on sprints/exclusives.
Nate

Post by Nate »

I purchased my Spyders from a bunch of different places. Howes, Knifeworks, Cutlery Shoppe, and my local knife shop to name a few. Never had a bad experience.

That said, I have also purchased several from the "goodplace2shop" on Ebay. Not to shill for them or anything, but it is a vendor I trust and for regular production models their prices are often very good.
:spyder:
Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

Apophis wrote: That said, I have also purchased several from the "goodplace2shop" on Ebay. Not to shill for them or anything, but it is a vendor I trust and for regular production models their prices are often very good.
I too have bought a spyderco or two from them as well. No problem so far!
That said, I still would rather buy from a reputable dealer.