Why Bento Box Shop?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ned

Post by Ned »

I really don't care what BBS does, I'm only marginally interested in this PM2 and probably wouldn't buy it if sold separately, then again I'm not a PM2 collector. If BBS would sell their Lil'M at a reasonable price 75.00 or so, it would be at the top of my buy next list. 112.00 is just, well, prohibitive.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Looks like our ranting and raving has worked. BBS is selling the PM2 on it's own now. More likely it had to do with lack of sales.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
cckw

Post by cckw »

I was once told that half of all small business owners are neurotic dudes that can't get along with others in the work place so have to do their own thing. The person telling me that was a neurotic small business owner. So when I run across a small business doing weird things I never take offense.

I'm not suggesting you support the neurosis and buy. Just offering a possibly exploitation for a weird deal.
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

I doubt BBS willingly did this. Spyderco probably got involved.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Wow, five pages of mostly whining, crying and tantrums, frankly it's embarrassing to believe some of you part of the knife community and yet so ill equipped to handle basic every day life. I guess Bento should bundle their knives with a box of Kleenex and give them away free.

[video=youtube_share;-BUJrHtwmqg]http://youtu.be/-BUJrHtwmqg[/video]

They tie up a lot of money doing an exclusive knife and putting up with the headaches that accompany selling them.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Well said Pinetree
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Wow, five pages of mostly whining, crying and tantrums, frankly it's embarrassing to believe some of you part of the knife community and yet so ill equipped to handle basic every day life. I guess Bento should bundle their knives with a box of Kleenex and give them away free.

They tie up a lot of money doing an exclusive knife and putting up with the headaches that accompany selling them.
+1

The sense of entitlement from the Spyderco community is off-putting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Jay_Ev wrote:+1

This last topic has been extremely 4Chan. Even compared to the bickering of blade steels and lock strength...
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

Yeah that's a lot for what it is but for the super collector that just makes it all that more elusive and coveted I suppose.

Glad I got my brown :D
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Jay_Ev wrote:+1

That sense of entitlement is not restricted to the Spyderco community, sadly. This is the tamest, most polite forum that I visit. Some others (not necessarily knife forums) are really awful.

Man, I sound like an old, crotchety fart.
paladin

Post by paladin »

mikerestivo wrote:That sense of entitlement is not restricted to the Spyderco community, sadly. This is the tamest, most polite forum that I visit. Some others (not necessarily knife forums) are really awful.

Man, I sound like an old, crotchety fart.
HEY you kids!!! Get off my thread!!! :p
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

BBS sells knives that are hard to find made by Spyderco. They put a higher price on them because they can...and people still buy the knives.

I think what they are doing is just fine. You don't have to buy a PM2 from them. If it was me I would go ahead and buy the bundle because the Lil' Matriarch in PE is rare as well. You could always sell it for a small loss, but you probably wouldn't have to. BBS isn't well known. If they were they probbaly still wouldn't have the PE Lil' Matriarchs in stock.

What happened to this place? I've never seen the forumites whine so much before. Good grief, get a grip. It's a dang hobby.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Here is how I look at BBS, for buying the occasional rare or discontinued Spyderco I am sometimes willing to pay full MSRP, but for regular production knives I always shop elsewhere.

I do think they have some of the coolest exclusive Spydercos out there. While it is a shame that the Elmax PM2 is part of a bundle, it is entirely up to you if you are willing to pay extra to have every single PM2 out there.

Just double checked, and since the Elmax PM2 is also sold on its own, this is really a non-issue. While $200 is expensive for a PM2, it is a really nice exclusive model.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Heh, the only thing worse than internet forum whiners are the people who whine about the whiners. Except maybe the people who whine about the people whining about the whiners. Those guys really ge under my skin.

LOL!
:spyder:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Well, I wasn't going to get into this argument, but this the last straw. The ones who whine about the whiners whining about the whiners who whine about the whining whiners are the ones who REALLY piss me off !! :mad:

(just kidding :p )
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Spyder-fan wrote:I doubt BBS willingly did this. Spyderco probably got involved.
I doubt Sal or anyone else at Spyderco is paying attention to the forums this weekend. ;)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Wow, five pages of mostly whining, crying and tantrums, frankly it's embarrassing to believe some of you part of the knife community and yet so ill equipped to handle basic every day life. I guess Bento should bundle their knives with a box of Kleenex and give them away free.

Pretty darned funny, and pretty darned insightful! :) :D
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

Apophis wrote:Heh, the only thing worse than internet forum whiners are the people who whine about the whiners. Except maybe the people who whine about the people whining about the whiners. Those guys really ge under my skin.

LOL!
+1... :D Well, at least after five pages of "whinning and crying" BBS "cries off" and starts offering the Elmax PM2 without the bundle... Yep, it's embarrasing that some people belong to the knife community... Jack the Ripper for a start... ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

nirvanero wrote:Yep, it's embarrasing that some people belong to the knife community... Jack the Ripper for a start... ;)
Was he a forum member too?????
For some reason I thought that he was using a straight razor :confused:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:Was he a forum member too?????
For some reason I thought that he was using a straight razor :confused:
But what kind of handle and blade material?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.