Interesting Email

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

PayneTrain wrote:I kinda took what he said to be neither confirming nor disconfirming, but I guess the "these projects" part was the key. The pic linked to above sure looks real, so I guess it wasn't a mistake after all. Pretty neat! Now I'm just wondering how Howe's got a BBS collector's club before they're even for sale from BBS themselves. Or did I miss something? Do CC members get first dibs?
He is a CC member and get them early (days to weeks), before the dealers supply shows up. Howe's has a few collectors spots so it always gets a few, even before the commissioning dealer gets the exclusive.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Yes. Which is why the CC knives often show up on eBay before the dealers get the regular production inventory.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Green is my favorite. I'm not gonna be able to resist this one.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

JNewell wrote:I couldn't care less. I don't care if people flip knives. I don't care about BBS's, or any other dealer's, pricing policies. If you want a knife, buy it. If you don't like the price or the vendor, don't buy it. If you buy it and want to sell it, sell it. This really isn't as hard as it seems to become every time a sprint or exclusive knife appears.
It just seemed like you cared when you said, "The good news is that with BBS pricing, flipping should not be an issue." I was just asking why that was good news if you don't care either way?
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
bearfacedkiller

Maybe it was good news because some of us hate when threads turn into conversations about flippers instead of conversations about knives? Let's get back to talking about when this knife is gonna get dropped.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Maybe it was good news because some of us hate when threads turn into conversations about flippers instead of conversations about knives? Let's get back to talking about when this knife is gonna get dropped.
I would expect our favorite dealers to have their first batches by the end of June. Any idea the size of the run? Sal?
*Landon*
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Maybe it was good news because some of us hate when threads turn into conversations about flippers instead of conversations about knives? Let's get back to talking about when this knife is gonna get dropped.
Bingo!!! :D That's all I was getting at. :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

xceptnl wrote:I would expect our favorite dealers to have their first batches by the end of June. Any idea the size of the run? Sal?
NORAD will probably provide distant early warning when the first wave comes across eBay. :rolleyes:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

xceptnl wrote:I would expect our favorite dealers to have their first batches by the end of June. Any idea the size of the run? Sal?
This is a dealer exclusive..not a sprint run..Other than the CC knives the only dealer that will get these is BBS..
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

I just had a question, no big deal right? I am curious though, has anyone actually bought one yet?
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
bearfacedkiller

Strong-Dog wrote:I just had a question, no big deal right? I am curious though, has anyone actually bought one yet?
No worries man. I just get tired of flipper talk. It is a touchy subject and it is usually a slippery slope once mentioned.

Somebody bought the ones from Howe's. Maybe the are on here and will chime in. They are not on BBS yet though.
-Darby
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Philo Beddoe wrote:This is a dealer exclusive..not a sprint run..Other than the CC knives the only dealer that will get these is BBS..
Sorry, I got my wires crossed. Still I would think Bento will have some by then.
*Landon*
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Strong-Dog wrote:I just had a question, no big deal right? I am curious though, has anyone actually bought one yet?
bearfacedkiller wrote:No worries man. I just get tired of flipper talk. It is a touchy subject and it is usually a slippery slope once mentioned.

Somebody bought the ones from Howe's. Maybe the are on here and will chime in. They are not on BBS yet though.
No big deal, sorry if I sounded like I was going off on you. :) I thought that the Howe's link turned out to be a 404, probably an email mistake sent too early?
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

JNewell wrote:No big deal, sorry if I sounded like I was going off on you. :) I thought that the Howe's link turned out to be a 404, probably an email mistake sent too early?
No, it's cool :) That is what I thought as well, but then I heard that they may have pre-sold them or something

-Henry Hill
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'm in for one for sure. I've never had an issue with BBS, and their exclusives are usually pretty easy to get due to all the grumbling about their pricing. But just like the M390 Para 2, in a few months, I won't even remember what the price was. But that sweet Elmax Para 2 will still be getting pocket time, and will hold a place in my collection forever.
:bug-red-white
Ken44

Post by Ken44 »

Foliage Green is my favorite G10, but this one looks a good bit lighter than in the past. More than likely the lighting in the image.

Wish it was anyone else selling it. Even with my favorite G10 I'll pass at paying MSRP.
No biggie though, as I'm happy with the color of the Brown and Green Para 2's I already carry.
I would pay MSRP for a Carbon Fiber version, no matter the steel,lol.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

gbelleh wrote:I'm in for one for sure. I've never had an issue with BBS, and their exclusives are usually pretty easy to get due to all the grumbling about their pricing. But just like the M390 Para 2, in a few months, I won't even remember what the price was. But that sweet Elmax Para 2 will still be getting pocket time, and will hold a place in my collection forever.
Exactly. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

xceptnl wrote:He is a CC member and get them early (days to weeks), before the dealers supply shows up. Howe's has a few collectors spots so it always gets a few, even before the commissioning dealer gets the exclusive.
I did not know that. Well it sure worked out for a couple lucky souls who got them at a price most likely better than BBS will sell them for. Yes, I'm jumping on that bandwagon. I've always had my reservations about them and haven't done business with them yet, and after learning of their reputation I probably won't. It's going to take more than a little elmax to get in my pants...pockets. In reality, even if it wasn't BBS I wouldn't get one anyway. One PM2 is enough for me, and I'm already more than pleased with my 204P. Nothing against elmax though, it's a fine steel and I very much enjoy using it. Not sure how I feel about the color of the handle though. It looks so grey in pics, I'm imagining the color of pea soup when it dries to the side of the pot and gets all pale.

Another thought, I wonder what this means for their "upcoming" run of the blue M390's. I'm guessing these two runs aren't going to be back to back. That's probably the only model they could have won me over with. I'm a sucker for blue.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Any new pics surface?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Any new pics surface?
Just these.

He is headed to Blade Show
*Landon*