Does anyone happen to know if KnifeCenter will sell directly to a "walk-up" customer?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
HorserloverFat

Does anyone happen to know if KnifeCenter will sell directly to a "walk-up" customer?

Post by HorserloverFat »

Or do they only offer internet sales? I would like to visit their office/warehouse in order to examine and purchase a knife. I believe that they are based in Maryland. Thanks...
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

They moved to a new location this year or last and might have changed their store front operations. If you walked into the old building you could ask to see a knife and they would go in the warehouse and pick one out for you. Don't remember if they had a register at the time.

If you do plan on going i'd bring a list of the knives you want to see with the part numbers
In omnia paratus
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Email them.......then you'll have an answer you can roll with.
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

ManixFan wrote:Email them.......then you'll have an answer you can roll with.
Yeah, I'm going to try calling them again tomorrow. Also, I guess that I was just curious to know if anyone had been able to visit them and what their thoughts were about the experience. Thanks.
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

Agent_Ohm wrote:They moved to a new location this year or last and might have changed their store front operations. If you walked into the old building you could ask to see a knife and they would go in the warehouse and pick one out for you. Don't remember if they had a register at the time.

If you do plan on going i'd bring a list of the knives you want to see with the part numbers
Cool. The voice on the message stated that they were located in College Park, MD. I won't forget the list with part numbers. Thanks.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

The last time I checked their site, they asked that you set up an appointment before going to their physical location. It's been a while, so I don't know if things have changed since then.

Let us know how it goes.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

StuntZombie wrote:The last time I checked their site, they asked that you set up an appointment before going to their physical location. It's been a while, so I don't know if things have changed since then.

Let us know how it goes.
Yeah, I read that on the website too. But I'm not sure if it is with regard to customers or representatives from the knife companies. I'm going to try contacting them again.

Thanks, Chris.