FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color FRN would you like to see on the FRN Jester sprint run?

British Racing Green
11%
Burgundy
13%
Navy Blue
14%
Tan
6%
Orange
12%
Yellow
2%
White
11%
Purple
6%
Gray
5%
Glow-in-the-Dark
19%

Total votes: 443

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Raylas wrote:I'd like to see it in S35VN or CTS-XHP.
Wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Chances of a non-Japanese steel in a Spyderco produced there are extremely low.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Sal, we need your input on a few things:
1. Is BRG reserved for ZDP? I would assume yes since it is the same for the rest of the line.
2. Can you do glow in the dark FRN? Again, I would assume no as it has never materialized.
3. Is super blue a possibility? If so would it be the gray used for the other sprints?
4. Is lime green ruled out even though the steel stamping and screw construction would distinguish it from old lime green Jesters?
5. Can the run be split between SE and PE?

Thanks for listening to us.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

bh49 wrote:Super blue would kill this sprint for me. I hate to say, but I will pass
I feel the same way about the top 3 favourite handle colours !

At least I still have my grey one.

:)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

w3tnz wrote:I feel the same way about the top 3 favourite handle colours !
At least I still have my grey one.
:)
I am much more flexible with colors. I certainly have favorites, but will buy few FRN PE Jesters with SS blade. I love my grey g10 and would love to have back-up or two. In addition, if Jester sprint will be in the same price range with Ladybugs, I will buy 2-3 for gifts to friends and family. Carbon steel certainly would ruin "gift" idea.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:I am much more flexible with colors. I certainly have favorites, but will buy few FRN PE Jesters with SS blade. I love my grey g10 and would love to have back-up or two. In addition, if Jester sprint will be in the same price range with Ladybugs, I will buy 2-3 for gifts to friends and family. Carbon steel certainly would ruin "gift" idea.
Sorry that the carbon steel would be a deal breaker Roman. In other news, the Navy is pulling ahead again ;)
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote: In other news, the Navy is pulling ahead again ;)
It is only temporary :)
I will have no problem with with Navy Blue, as long as it comes with VG10 or ZDP189.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

araneae wrote:Sal, we need your input on a few things:
1. Is BRG reserved for ZDP? I would assume yes since it is the same for the rest of the line.
2. Can you do glow in the dark FRN? Again, I would assume no as it has never materialized.
3. Is super blue a possibility? If so would it be the gray used for the other sprints?
4. Is lime green ruled out even though the steel stamping and screw construction would distinguish it from old lime green Jesters?

I'm also curious if lime green would work with a black blade?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The top vote getters are only netting 20-30 votes, a small fraction of what would likely be an 800-1200 piece run. That's only 2-3% of the run. Realistically, the vast majority that would be sold would be going to buyers that are not participating in this thread. That said, I think we've shown Sal a couple color options that we are interested in. If someone wants to create another poll to whittle down the top choices, be my guest, but I don't see the point. While I have a couple colors I really want (Navy blue, burgundy, or the mythical GITD version), I'd be happy with pretty much any color and would even buy one if it was vomit colored.
DougC-3 wrote:Do we need to include blade steel in the next poll? It seems that some want Super Blue to match the current FRN sprint, some want VG-10 to keep down expense, and some want ZDP-189.
Sal only asked about a color choice, so I didn't think that we needed a poll for anything else. Personally, I'd be happy with any of the steels that are offered in the ladybug (ZDP, H1, SB, VG-10).
bearfacedkiller wrote:I'm also curious if lime green would work with a black blade?
Lime green is very close to toxic green, and it seems the toxic (lime) handle with black blade combo has been reserved exclusively for USN knives, so I doubt we'd see this show up outside of their forum.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

New pole posted. I figured that it couldn't hurt to narrow it down. Please vote if you voted in this pole!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Still looking for Sal. There is a newer thread, but I think we still have unanswered questions.
araneae wrote:Sal, we need your input on a few things:

-Nick

bh49

Post by bh49 »

araneae wrote:Still looking for Sal. There is a newer thread, but I think we still have unanswered questions.
Come on man. Today is the Father day. Sal is busy with his kids ..................................................making BRG Jesters :D :)

araneae

Post by araneae »

Sometimes he must feel like he has a lot of kids pestering him here. :D
bh49 wrote:Come on man. Today is the Father day. Sal is busy with his kids ..................................................making BRG Jesters :D :)
-Nick

araneae

Post by araneae »

Bumping again...
-Nick

araneae

Post by araneae »

Bump of desperation.
-Nick

bh49

Post by bh49 »

Are we there yet?
I am desperate too :) And need some new Jesters now

M80

Post by M80 »

bh49 wrote:need some new Jesters now
I have two nib grey G10 sprint run jesters that I'm too scared to use cause I don't want to mess them up/lose them xD can't wait till these come out I'm for sure buying at least 3-4 of them
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

bh49 wrote:Are we there yet?
I am desperate too :) And need some new Jesters now
GoldenSpydie wrote: "Hi Eli,

I've been watching the thread. We haven't selected our sprints for 2015. Currently we're keeping a list. We usually do about 4 per year, sometimes a few more. The dark blue Jester is on the list.

sal"
So it looks like 2015. ;) Good thing, because I need to save up to get several.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

M80 wrote:I have two nib grey G10 sprint run jesters that I'm too scared to use cause I don't want to mess them up/lose them xD can't wait till these come out I'm for sure buying at least 3-4 of them
I understand your feelings. I carry my grey g10 jester since they came out, but I also own burgundy micarta, which I cannot bring myself to use. It is beautiful piece. If Spyderco will make FRN Jesters, I will try to buy a few to have spares and for gifts. I had few Orange VG10 Ladybuds. All of them are gone and every person, who I gave them to are using them.
GoldenSpydie wrote:So it looks like 2015. ;) Good thing, because I need to save up to get several.
2015 sounds much better than 2019, but I think that we need to keep this thread up to make this happen.

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

bh49 wrote:2015 sounds much better than 2019, but I think that we need to keep this thread up to make this happen.
Good point. I wonder what other sprints Sal has on "the list"?
GoldenSpydie

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Bump from the deep.

Was this shown at Amsterdam by any chance? Any updates?